The Student Room Group

How hard would it be to go from a C-A (GCSE maths)

I just want to see what you guys think, and if I have any hope of doing this in a relatively short amount of time, about a month, no big deal *internally panics*.
Original post by ukila
I just want to see what you guys think, and if I have any hope of doing this in a relatively short amount of time, about a month, no big deal *internally panics*.

Well to get a A grade you need to have covered the harder topics and if you manage your time properly then maybe you can cover some harder topics however I think you have left it too late considering you will have to revise what you have already covered and for other exams supposedly.
If you do the Edexcel exam board then you can use youtubbe videos and someone called hegartymaths on there. You might be able to improve your grade if you try really hard
Reply 3
Original post by 08hussainf
Well to get a A grade you need to have covered the harder topics and if you manage your time properly then maybe you can cover some harder topics however I think you have left it too late considering you will have to revise what you have already covered and for other exams supposedly.

I actually haven't learnt a lot, my teacher has taught us some a grade topics in class though, surds, histograms, ect. But I thought it was redundant because I barely understand the C/B grade topics well. Although I will try to properly understand/practice the A grade topics after I complete the rest.
Reply 4
Original post by the-future-medic
If you do the Edexcel exam board then you can use youtubbe videos and someone called hegartymaths on there. You might be able to improve your grade if you try really hard

Currently I use Mathswatch, I don't know if that is as good as Youtube videos though, which do you think is the better approach?
Original post by ukila
Currently I use Mathswatch, I don't know if that is as good as Youtube videos though, which do you think is the better approach?

MathsWatch is a decent resource. I have seen many students improve by one or more grades after using it.
Reply 6
Original post by Mr M
MathsWatch is a decent resource. I have seen many students improve by one or more grades after using it.

That gives me a little hope then.
Original post by ukila

I guess you could continue using mathswatch and also use the youtube videos as it would then let you see how people work it out using different methods. You could then choose what method is easier for you to use

Quick Reply

Latest