The Student Room Group

Gap Year - Medicine/Natural Sciences - Oxbridge

Hello!
I am thinking of doing a gap year because I am ahead one year and if I don't I'll be going into uni at 17 years old and my bday is at the end of May, so it's not really a choice. I am considering Oxbridge for either natural sciences or medicine. has anyone got any suggestions to what oxbridge likes in a gap year or related to the courses above, bearing in mind I will be 17 in the majority of my gap year. I would obviously like to go backpacking somewhere maybe s america?
Thanks!
Original post by Bonnie 99
Hello!
I am thinking of doing a gap year because I am ahead one year and if I don't I'll be going into uni at 17 years old and my bday is at the end of May, so it's not really a choice. I am considering Oxbridge for either natural sciences or medicine. has anyone got any suggestions to what oxbridge likes in a gap year or related to the courses above, bearing in mind I will be 17 in the majority of my gap year. I would obviously like to go backpacking somewhere maybe s america?
Thanks!

Hey,

One thing that all universities look out for is productiveness throughout your gap year. Make sure you are productive throughout your gap year.

Here's a list of things you can do:

Inter-railing

Travelling generally

Learn a new language / sharpen up your language skills

Volunteering (e.g. for a charity)

Find a new hobby and expertise in it

Get a paid job

Experience in a field of your interest (a course you're looking to do)

Spoiler

Hope this is helpful. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest