The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I do. But it's hardly relevant to me in the uk.
Reply 2
So are these guys pro Hillary or pro Saunders anyway?
Original post by KingBradly
I do. But it's hardly relevant to me in the uk.

good stuff mane, I juss hope we never get events in like what happens in the US where innocent black people are killed
Original post by trillinhomie
good stuff mane, I juss hope we never get events in like what happens in the US where innocent black people are killed

We've had a couple, but in the US it honestly seems systematic. It's not hyperbole to say that the US* are like a criminal gang.

Edit: US police force*
(edited 8 years ago)
We've had a couple, but in the US it honestly seems systematic. It's not hyperbole to say that the US are like a criminal gang.

truu, hopefully we'll never reach the level of institutional racism that there is in the US
We've had a couple, but in the US it honestly seems systematic. It's not hyperbole to say that the US are like a criminal gang.

Could've sworn people said you're an incorrigible racist?
Y'all need to support this ****

All lives matter as I'm not racist
#Alllivesmatter
Original post by StrawbAri
Could've sworn people said you're an incorrigible racist?

Not at all, I utterly detest racism, those people who say that are just desperate to pigeonhole me because they have very childish minds.
Original post by BaconandSauce
#Alllivesmatter

Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
All lives matter as I'm not racist

I get that, but I can see why they say "blacklivesmatter", because in the end this is unfortunately what seems to need to be most specified to the US police. They really do seem pretty racist.
I get that, but I can see why they say "blacklivesmatter", because in the end this is unfortunately what seems to need to be most specified to the US police. They really do seem pretty racist.

I do agree the US has issues over this but this is just the US (and I know for example a African American is much more likely to be killed by another African American)

So perhaps they need to learn themselves that their own lives matter
No lives matter.
We've had a couple, but in the US it honestly seems systematic. It's not hyperbole to say that the US* are like a criminal gang.

Edit: US police force*

Because of a few bad apples? If you're happy to judge an entire police force based on a few individuals surely you think it's okay to judge an entire religion on a few individuals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok some of yall are like "ALL LIVES MATTER woooo"

I've found an analogy I personally adapted from Relevant magazine

You come home to see a masked man jump out of a broken window of your house with some of your most prized posessions, you call 999:
"Hello, what service do you require?"
"Police, my home has been robbed"
so the operator puts you through to the police.
the police go through some questions then you say:
"Okay, thanks, my address is-"
The police person says "hold on, why are you bringing addresses into this, don't you know all houses matter?"

You'd be pissed right?
Yes all lives do matter, but black lives are the ones at risk at the moment.
but black lives are the ones at risk at the moment.

That is factually incorrect. All lives are at risk at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Because of a few bad apples? If you're happy to judge an entire police force based on a few individuals surely you think it's okay to judge an entire religion on a few individuals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few? Oh come on, there's another case every day. And what about the US police asking for a boycott of Tarantino films because he spoke at a BLM rally? Sounds very much like it's a gang which is only interesting in serving and protecting itself.

Sure there are good cops, but when theres that many bad apples, there's something wrong with the tree.
A few? Oh come on, there's another case every day. And what about the US police asking for a boycott of Tarantino films because he spoke at a BLM rally? Sounds very much like it's a gang which is only interesting in serving and protecting itself.

Sure there are good cops, but when theres that many bad apples, there's something wrong with the tree.

Problem with the US cops is they are happy to shoot first then ask questions

I had a run in with them when I was in the states and their attitude is really quite shocking bad.
Original post by DiddyDec
That is factually incorrect. All lives are at risk at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok that was bad wording maybe

All lives are always at risk, but the black lives matter movement is helping make sure those killed by police for effectively doing nothing don't go unnoticed, you can't kill random people walking down the street, don't you know about the tamir rice shooting?
Regardless blm also raises awareness on black on black crime, especially in chicago
Original post by BaconandSauce
I do agree the US has issues over this but this is just the US (and I know for example a African American is much more likely to be killed by another African American)

So perhaps they need to learn themselves that their own lives matter

What about that little girl who was shot dead in her cot by a police officer? Was that due to a problem with the black community? Your argument sounds like whataboutery. I should hope black people are more likely to kill each other than get killed by cops, given that cops make up such a smaller percentage of the US population and are supposed to keep order.

Latest

Trending

Trending