The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lambert87
Hi all,

Basically I recently split with my long term partner and all our friends were mutual (but their friends first so not really mine anymore).. I don't have any family either.

I'd like to get away in the sun for a week or so, is it sad to go alone? What type of holiday would be the best for someone alone?

Thanks all

Posted from TSR Mobile

really the only holidays you should not consider are this type:

Original post by the bear
really the only holidays you should not consider are this type:

The guy looks hot tho :rolleyes:
Original post by queen-bee
The guy looks hot tho :rolleyes:

:naughty: he is in a relationship with Ms Stripy Bikini

:spank:

I think she just happened to be at the right place at the right time

That spanking smiley always makes me laugh :rofl:
Not in the slightest. People travel alone all the time for various reasons. Travelling alone is a great way to really connect with yourself on a deeper level, and discover new things.
Only place that's weird to go alone is nightclubs because you actually go to socialize.

I go to the cinema alone a lot if I wanna see a film, if somebody wants to to point their finger and laugh then they can shove their finger up their ar*e and jump off a cliff since they're the ones having to rely on other people to enjoy something that doesn't require other people.
Reply 27
No way! It's going to be great for your head :smile:
To helpful you focus on the opportunity and freedom available to you in solo travel, for reading I suggest travel writers/writers on travel, including: Alain de Botton on travel, Joan Didion Slouching towards Bethlehem, Pico Iyer, and any novels/writers from the country to which you are traveling.

If you're open to meditation, I suggest the headspace app. If you're open to yoga, I suggest the Yoga Studio app.

Take care of yourself :smile:
Original post by Queen Cersei
Not at all! It sounds like a good time to get away and just spend some time with yourself, I'm hoping to go to Croatia backpacking soon and I will probably do that alone... it means you always get to do what/eat where you want :tongue:

Sounds awesome! :h:

I visited Canada and the US on my own last year, and more recently Belgium and Luxembourg.
Reply 29
Hmm, yes. If I saw someone on holiday on their own I would think that you were a sad and pathetic human being, and defiantly avoid you. Don't go. (unless you're 50+) - in which case you should remove yourself from the student room.
Regards, Shawdowd.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think she just happened to be at the right place at the right time

she is going to wish she went to Brighton :giggle:

Spoiler

she is going to wish she went to Brighton :giggle:

Spoiler

Then I'll be left alone with him :wink:
Then I'll be left alone with him :wink:

you will get sand everywhere bee :mmm:
you will get sand everywhere bee :mmm:

Omg! :spank:
You're so cheeky at times!
Omg! :spank:
You're so cheeky at times!

in Brighton you might sprain your toe on a pebble :ahee:
Original post by Lambert87
Hi all,

Basically I recently split with my long term partner and all our friends were mutual (but their friends first so not really mine anymore).. I don't have any family either.

I'd like to get away in the sun for a week or so, is it sad to go alone? What type of holiday would be the best for someone alone?

Thanks all

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been on loads of motorcycle road trips on my own. Being on my own means I can do my own thing in my own time.
in Brighton you might sprain your toe on a pebble :ahee:

Aye,it's so annoying
Aye,it's so annoying

let's go to the seaside bee :h:

let's go to the seaside bee :h:

I prefer the beach tbh. We used to go to the seaside in primary school,ah those were the days
I prefer the beach tbh. We used to go to the seaside in primary school,ah those were the days

Latest