The Student Room Group

For everyone out there...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
It's so true. It portrays women negatively as a lot of young girls will feel conscious about their bodies and find that they aren't 'beautiful' enough. It is said because it affects society's perception on a lot of things but often I find that female singers objectify men too in videos.

PRSOM

I remember back in the 90s vids anf comparing it to the vids now the change there is
Like women half naked in evey single video
While in the 90s wearing a tank top was pushing it
[QUOTE="elforjg02;63980163"]
The kind that ask me to hook up with them.

eeeww...desperate mofo's:colonhash:

Haha definitely! It is gross.

Original post by RoadtoSuccess
dw ik

Wasn't on about you. :tongue:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
PRSOM

I remember back in the 90s vids anf comparing it to the vids now the change there is
Like women half naked in evey single video
While in the 90s wearing a tank top was pushing it

Tank tops were cool haha! I know society has to move on but I feel as if people can't go without objectifying people. Music is all about sexual content. I mean no song sells over 500,000 copies (which isn't that high) without no sexual content these days. Music has even gone down hill. I love reminiscing from 2005-2008's music era and feel so much at peace.
Tank tops were cool haha! I know society has to move on but I feel as if people can't go without objectifying people. Music is all about sexual content. I mean no song sells over 500,000 copies (which isn't that high) without no sexual content these days. Music has even gone down hill. I love reminiscing from 2005-2008's music era and feel so much at peace.

The only song that i know that sold more than 500000 copies without sexual content was Adele :smile:
I agree music has gone down hill
Like work by rihanna :rolleyes:
I like 70s and 80s music and the lyrics are all swear free and the sexual stuff was sweet :lol:
But in the 2000s i liked songs by KOL :yep:
The only song that i know that sold more than 500000 copies without sexual content was Adele :smile:
I agree music has gone down hill
Like work by rihanna :rolleyes:
I like 70s and 80s music and the lyrics are all swear free and the sexual stuff was sweet :lol:
But in the 2000s i liked songs by KOL :yep:

Oh god the song Work is appalling, all it has is some annoying tune that people think is catchy. Half of it doesn't make sense. I hate songs that never make sense, like how is it even a song? :colonhash:

Life was sweet in the 70s and 80s, well maybe not culturally but music was really good! I'm into 2000s music but it's more indie music than anything. But sometimes I listen to cringey music from the noughties like The Ketchup Song if I want a trip down memory lane haha! And I don't mind KOL, I don't listen to them anymore but they are songs that I would nostalgically listen to.
Oh god the song Work is appalling, all it has is some annoying tune that people think is catchy. Half of it doesn't make sense. I hate songs that never make sense, like how is it even a song? :colonhash:

Life was sweet in the 70s and 80s, well maybe not culturally but music was really good! I'm into 2000s music but it's more indie music than anything. But sometimes I listen to cringey music from the noughties like The Ketchup Song if I want a trip down memory lane haha! And I don't mind KOL, I don't listen to them anymore but they are songs that I would nostalgically listen to.

Omg yes
All i hear in that song is her singing from her nose and lyrics are supposed to protray a story imo. It must make sense fo be a good song :h:

Haha the Ketchup Song :rofl:
Ahh fair enough :smile:

We should start a petition to bring back good music :colonhash: we only hear a few glimpses here and there like Eyes Shut by Years and Years, Adele Hello, Lukas Graham:biggrin:
Omg yes
All i hear in that song is her singing from her nose and lyrics are supposed to protray a story imo. It must make sense fo be a good song :h:

Haha the Ketchup Song :rofl:
Ahh fair enough :smile:

We should start a petition to bring back good music :colonhash: we only hear a few glimpses here and there like Eyes Shut by Years and Years, Adele Hello, Lukas Graham:biggrin:

Work isn't even a decent story! I thought it was literally about work until I dived in haha and looked into it. :biggrin: And yeah, The Ketchup Song is every young kid's song they listen to when life gets them down. And haha a petition would be good, only problem is that stupid catchy annoying songs sell and beautiful songs such as Eyes Shut and 7 Years get overlooked even though they are doing well in the charts.
I take it you're a fan? :tongue:

how did you guess? :wink:
Original post by lovegoodjpg
how did you guess? :wink:

Us Y&Y fans can suss anyone out, no point hiding. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest