The Student Room Group

Can't use Student finance wales?

Iv'e tried applying for student finance for this coming academic year however when i go on to student finance wales to apply it says according to my details i already have an account. I currently recieve EMA but i don't ever recall singing up (my email is already in use). Additionally when i go and try to request a new password it says that a security question is linked to my account so it won't allow me to change the password. How do i get access to the security question for my account because i can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Richpeasant
Iv'e tried applying for student finance for this coming academic year however when i go on to student finance wales to apply it says according to my details i already have an account. I currently recieve EMA but i don't ever recall singing up (my email is already in use). Additionally when i go and try to request a new password it says that a security question is linked to my account so it won't allow me to change the password. How do i get access to the security question for my account because i can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Give them a call, they should be able to reset the account for you. Otherwise make a new one with a different email address.
Original post by claireestelle
Give them a call, they should be able to reset the account for you. Otherwise make a new one with a different email address.

Thanks for your reply
i'll probably just make a new one

By being a welsh student i thought i only had to pay £3000 but according to this question ill be paying the full amount:
Your expected tuition fee charge is £9,000You can borrow a maximum Tuition Fee Loan of £3,900.We'll assess you for a Fee Grant of up to £5,100 to help towards any remaining tuition fee. You don't need to pay this back.
or have i miss interpreted the question.

I'm not sure if i'm completely confused her but on my personal details it says '
'Did you move to Wales wholly or mainly for education purposes?' I clicked no because iv'e lived here for all of my life, does it think that i'm not a welsh resident?
(edited 8 years ago)
By being a welsh student i thought i only had to pay £3000 but according to this question ill be paying the full amount:
Your expected tuition fee charge is £9,000You can borrow a maximum Tuition Fee Loan of £3,900.We'll assess you for a Fee Grant of up to £5,100 to help towards any remaining tuition fee. You don't need to pay this back.
or have i miss interpreted the question

It's now £3900 you have to pay which the loan is for, everyone gets the £5100 grant for the rest as far as i know :smile:
It's now £3900 you have to pay which the loan is for, everyone gets the £5100 grant for the rest as far as i know :smile:

Oh so the £5100 doesn't have to be repaid?
Oh so the £5100 doesn't have to be repaid?

No :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending