The Student Room Group

Could loose my job due to social media. Your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chikane
Is it a disciplinary meeting? If it's just a meeting with the manager I will be very surprised if he sacks you think you will get a slap on the wrist and told to be careful.

Its a probation meeting that could lead to dismissal
Original post by Lawliettt
What an actual ****... wow. It must've been a tumblr user.

OP i feel bad for you. The joke was funny too

Agreed. Although the OP is officially in the wrong what sort of sad loser actually complains about these things?
Say it was not you!! (Its funny this because my IT lecturer her job a few years ago was to stalk staff members on Facebook to see what they were doing, shes a qualified ethical hacker)
Original post by Gingerproblems
Its a probation meeting that could lead to dismissal

They could do whatever they want at a probation meeting as well. Good luck hope it goes okay.
Original post by chikane
They could do whatever they want at a probation meeting as well. Good luck hope it goes okay.

:frown: i know
"I would stay their all day and masturbate as i like an audience"

I think I see why this person was so offended. I just hope for your sake they never read the title of this thread.
"I would stay their all day and masturbate as i like an audience"

most offensive thing about that comment is the incorrect use of their tbh

Spoiler

You should get fired for bad spelling. Hunt the person down and kill them as they deserve death for being 'offended'
Reply 28
How sad must that person's life be to grass on something so petty.
That's hardly offensive....

I know a girl (not personally) who made racist comments on twitter years ago, and she lost her position to work for the Police in my area. We were told this story in school.

You should always be cautious about what you post but personally I don't find you post offensive, in fact I fail to see where the problem lies. Perhaps it's a little unprofessional, but still...it's hardly offensive.
Where do you work?
:frown: i know

If you are a good employee and get on with everyone think they will overlook it but if you were permanent you would be protected.
Where do you work? (what is it that you do dont name the company)
Original post by chikane
If you are a good employee and get on with everyone think they will overlook it but if you were permanent you would be protected.
Where do you work? (what is it that you do dont name the company)

It was an insurance company. I am an apprentice and they have put lots of money into me but tbh knowing my luck I'm going to be sacked. deserves me right for being such a stupid person thinking i was funny
Thats just stupid, it was obviously nothing to do with your workplace, I would personally find the knob who called your work place up and shove a stick where the sun dont shine
I'm simply going with how my job deals with things. But since you say you haven't been briefed over the companies social media policies then you should voice this in your meeting. They should then inform you about the policies they have and just give you a warning. If it happens again then that will absolutely be a reason for dismissal as they have informed you about their social media policies and you'd have just ignored them. But this time since you were never told, they shouldn't just cut you off.

The social media policy where I work is just to completely avoid taking selfies while you are in uniform, even if I just post it to snapchat. I haven't listed where I work on my facebook and I barely ever talk about my work on social media. Literally, never. If you post anything that they think is casting the company in a bad light, then it can be a sackable offence. I think these a pretty standard anywhere you work. So basically ake where you work of your facebook immediately, don't post status' about your job even if you really want to moan about it, and don't post photos of you in your uniform. Sounds a bit harsh, but it's the only way to be safe. --- I still write whatever I want when it comes to anything that's not work related. But since there are no links to the company I work for on my profile, then it's not casting them in a bad light and should never be brought up at work.

Long reply is long. Please let us know how the meeting goes
It was an insurance company. I am an apprentice and they have put lots of money into me but tbh knowing my luck I'm going to be sacked. deserves me right for being such a stupid person thinking i was funny

What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending