The Student Room Group

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Fair play.
Leicester absolutely inspirational.
Damn four 1-0 wins at the business end of the season is impressive for any team.
Oh well.

Yet another season of the Premiership being dominated by one team.:frown:
Original post by Zerforax
Damn four 1-0 wins at the business end of the season is impressive for any team.

Don't pretend that this guy did not build up the spine of the Chelsea team that Mourinho inherited.

Didn't see the game, but saw Morgan's goal. Heard that Southampton should have had two penalties. Is that right?
Original post by Mackay
Didn't see the game, but saw Morgan's goal. Heard that Southampton should have had two penalties. Is that right?

Hardly. The two claims are Mane rounding schmeichel and hitting a shot which strikes Simpsons elbow while he's running back, but the elbow is tucked right into his body, above the kidneys in a natural running position - to call that deliberate (which people seem to forget a handball has to be) is stretching it, and an even worse claim against Huth, where it's blasted at his hand (down by his side) from about a foot away. If either are given they'd be the softest penalties you'd see all season
Every weekend people will say it'll just take one more match and they're done. Truth is nothing's really changed, Leicester still have to get those points, Spurs still need to keep going, and Arsenal have 9 guaranteed points to come.

Arsenal winning the title will do nothing to get me following football regularly again.
Reply 188
Original post by sevva888
Don't pretend that this guy did not build up the spine of the Chelsea team that Mourinho inherited.

Definitely and he got such a rough deal from Chelsea.
Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea, Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea.

Six games away from history.
Would love Leicester's CL group to feature Atletico, Monaco and Roma. All being clubs Ranieri used to manage. also want Spurs to get PSG in their group cause Poch has an affinity with them
Original post by shawn_o1
Would love Leicester's CL group to feature Atletico, Monaco and Roma. All being clubs Ranieri used to manage. also want Spurs to get PSG in their group cause Poch has an affinity with them

I want Leicester to get an easier group,qualify,get a beatable team in the first ko round then get Spurs in the quarters.

:smile:
Original post by Mackay
Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea, Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea.

Six games away from history.

Just need a maximum of 12 points from a possible 18.
Just need a maximum of 12 points from a possible 18.

Let's hope they need just 8 then looking at those games.
Original post by moggis
Let's hope they need just 8 then looking at those games.

I can't see Spurs winning every game from here till the end of the season. Once they drop points once, then Arsenal would also need to start dropping points to reduce the numbers that Leicester need mathematically.

You'd fancy Leicester to get 6 points against Sunderland and Swansea. Not sure about West Ham.

They're lucky in how their final fixtures have fallen. Imagine if they had Sunderland and Swansea as their last two.
I can't see Spurs winning every game from here till the end of the season. Once they drop points once, then Arsenal would also need to start dropping points to reduce the numbers that Leicester need mathematically.

You'd fancy Leicester to get 6 points against Sunderland and Swansea. Not sure about West Ham.

They're lucky in how their final fixtures have fallen. Imagine if they had Sunderland and Swansea as their last two.

Personally I don't fancy them to beat both Sunderland and Swans .

Why would playing Swans and Sunderland in the last two be a disadvantage?

You've definitely stumped me there and I need to know about this kind of thing!
Original post by moggis
Personally I don't fancy them to beat both Sunderland and Swans .

Why would playing Swans and Sunderland in the last two be a disadvantage?

You've definitely stumped me there and I need to know about this kind of thing!

Well I guess there's always the "Sunderland don't want to get relegated + Leicester have title pressure" but Sunderland are struggling to score whereas Leicester have a mean defence these days. Swansea might be easier since they have nothing to play for.

I meant if they had to play the other 4 tough games first then there would be more pressure if the gap to Spurs shrunk quickly since more likely to drop points in those games.
Well I guess there's always the "Sunderland don't want to get relegated + Leicester have title pressure" but Sunderland are struggling to score whereas Leicester have a mean defence these days. Swansea might be easier since they have nothing to play for.

I meant if they had to play the other 4 tough games first then there would be more pressure if the gap to Spurs shrunk quickly since more likely to drop points in those games.

Oh,ok.

I understand,but it works both ways. There will be enormous pressure on them in their next two games anyhow.

And if they should lose one of them then the West Ham game pressure will be cranked up of course.

However you might be right.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moggis
Oh,ok.

I understand,but it works both ways. There will be enormous pressure on them in their next two games anyhow.

And if they should lose one of them then the West Ham game pressure will be cranked up of course.

However you might be right.

Tbh I think they've passed the pressure test with those 4 successive 1-0 wnis. With a 7 point lead, Leicester can still afford two losses and still have winning the title in their control.

I think Spurs will fail to beat Man Utd at the weekend which will end any hopes of challenging Leicester.
Tbh I think they've passed the pressure test with those 4 successive 1-0 wnis. With a 7 point lead, Leicester can still afford two losses and still have winning the title in their control.

I think Spurs will fail to beat Man Utd at the weekend which will end any hopes of challenging Leicester.

Well I'm not saying they can't deal with pressure!

I'm saying they will still have to deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest