The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
hmm, I've never really thought about it.. but it would certianly be an interesting way to try and boost voting numbers. making peoples votes seem to matter more, and giving them clearer representation in parliment.

Not really sure how you put into categories (maybe you have an option to opt into the general pool?) since people will look at age, generation, sex, religion, political views etc to split themselves.

I think it would help with the younger generation's apathy with voting and would be really interesting for statistical purposes too. Might help shape politicians into trying to win certain categories?

Also the notion of having a MP represent a local area is *******s these days. Most youngsters don't even know who's there is. I'd rather vote for someone who's trying to represent a category of people I feel like I relate to more.

But we'll be stuck in the old ages for a long time since it benefits a set number of people who prefer the status quo. Ignore the fact that technology should allow us to move closer to a true democracy (where we all can vote on everything).
Original post by Angry cucumber
Yes

Job adverts. Ring places up that do seasonal work. I worked in a childrens adventure park. Was horrific but I needed the money.

Seperating fighting parents about a water ride was a personal highlight

Original post by leinad2012
Use connections or look for adverts. I had a friend who worked as an sailing instructor at a seasonal boating lake 5 minutes from my house and he got me a job there loaning rowing boats out. Decent pay, piss easy job and 5 minutes cycle from my house so no travel costs was ideal.
Last year I emailed them after exams as they'd changed owners and they asked me to do a 5 minute interview and gave me a slightly different job there on the spot. Didnt like the role so won't go back this summer, but it shows how easy it is to get a job in some places.
Talk to friends who work in interesting places or look for adverts. If there are seasonal jobs available and you have a friend who works there who can put in a good word, chances are the company would rather save on interview costs doing the entire process and will just hire on a good word and short informal interview. It's a summer job, not an exec role at a ftse100, firms will treat it as such when employing

Cheers lads. Was thinking more like supermarket work eg. Tesco, Asda as mates of mine say the pay their is very good, but checked the websites this morning and their are no vacancies near me. Just have to keep looking.
Original post by Zerforax
I do worry that a lot of people will vote (or not bother) based on headlines and rhetoric - that is on both sides.

I think those who know little and some less educated,will end up up voting out because they think that will make us less prone to terrorist attacks and those darn immigrants that ruin everything
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Cheers lads. Was thinking more like supermarket work eg. Tesco, Asda as mates of mine say the pay their is very good, but checked the websites this morning and their are no vacancies near me. Just have to keep looking.

If you have any near you, then go for one of the posh-er shops.. M+S, John lewis, Waitrose etc..

All from my experiance have much better pay + overtime rates for their staff.. for bassically doing exactly the same job as in normal supermarkets.

I worked at a supermarket from summer after year 11 and throughout sixth form. Pay was ok (£6.70 an hour in 2012 so not dreadful), but after a couple of months I was bored as **** and dreaded every shift. I just checked every other day online for vacancies. The process is much longer though, at mine there was an online application form that took 4 or 5 hours to do, then an interview then a tour of the shop before being offered the job. Quite a lot of effort tbh compared to seasonal work outside which I preferred. But there's the advantage that you can often be transferred to another store once you go to uni so there's that to consider too
Speak to Lubio.

Could probably get you a job. Good wages too apparently.

Bunsen burner, nice little earner.

Supermarket jobs aren't bad and the wage is very decent. To be honest they seldom claim to have vacancies because people offer them to friends/family first.

I only got my job at Sainburys because my best mate recommended me and got me an interview.
I only got my job at the bank because my sister did virtually the same.

If you have no experience / connections, get ready for a lot of rejections
thoughts on tats?

didnt really appeal till recently but got a decent-ish idea for one, probably gonna pussy out though.

@swirly
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Speak to Lubio.

Could probably get you a job. Good wages too apparently.

Bunsen burner, nice little earner.

I'm so glad I know Luke

He needs to sort his boy out with that 39k swag
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
thoughts on tats?

didnt really appeal till recently but got a decent-ish idea for one, probably gonna pussy out though.

@swirly

tats are either for:

pro athletes
trash

which 1 r u?

The Rock and Shane Mosely's tats are just :coma: tho.
I've got a really broad back. Would make for an awesome canvas for a proper artist but I don't think I'd ever settle on a design though.

Most tattoos look like **** tbh.

Tattoo fixers is goat tv

Posted from TSR Mobile
Samoan tattoos look sick otherwise you risk looking like a neo nazi/50 cent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Samoan tattoos look sick otherwise you risk looking like a neo nazi/50 cent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strong cultural appropriatation. Pls don't do this, you'll end up looking like some "Jonah from Tonga" fanboy, or just a massive **** in general
Original post by swirly
tats are either for:

pro athletes
trash

which 1 r u?

The Rock and Shane Mosely's tats are just :coma: tho.

but but but :frown:

thinking of getting below, but the soundwave being from a clip of something significant i.e famous speech, my first words, lucas monologue, mufasas death music etc. you know, somethin deep.

Spoiler

thinking of getting below, but the soundwave being from a clip of something significant i.e famous speech, my first words, lucas monologue, mufasas death music etc. you know, somethin deep.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Jimmy Seville

Spoiler

soz, ill get enoch's rivers of blood speech, just for you x
Original post by leinad2012
Strong cultural appropriatation. Pls don't do this, you'll end up looking like some "Jonah from Tonga" fanboy, or just a massive **** in general

Was not serious, chill out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cameron being exposed as more of a spineless, trust fund, animal ****ing, phone tapping blindsider, poor-hating **** every day. Can't wait for him to lose the Brexit campaign, then his party, then resign when it turns out he hosts blind midget orgies at no.10.

And yeah, he attacked Jimmy Carr over his taxes even though he was using a loophole as opposed to breaking the law.

Wish ISIS would blow him up tbh

Spoiler

cool concept.

would look like a phaggot tho.

Consider getting a soundwave transcribed, but then posting to insta ?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest