The Student Room Group

she left without saying anything

my gf just broke up with me for no reason, we been together for three years and she told me something really mean and i broke up with her and yet she never apolagized but left without saying anything and within a week shes happy and acting like nothing happened and im dying inside . what do i do ?
That's common m8

With women there is kind of lag time for when they dump you, they decide weeks, sometimes months before they do it but first they make sure they have another guy to rebound on, she probably wanted to dump you for a while so that's why it felt so sudden.
Original post by sachin97
my gf just broke up with me for no reason, we been together for three years and she told me something really mean and i broke up with her and yet she never apolagized but left without saying anything and within a week shes happy and acting like nothing happened and im dying inside . what do i do ?

Do nothing. Carry on as best you can with your own life. If she's the one who cut off the contact then sadly the best thing to do is just go with it... but don't try and contact her... she may be acting confident but that doesn't necessarily mean she is feeling it. It may just be an act to try and get a reaction out of you or to make you feel jealous or sad. It's her way of dealing with the situation... but I'm sure inside she is going through hell. If you try and contact her, you are saying that her behaviour is ok... when it is not. If you leave her alone and carry on... she will contact you if she wants you back. Swallow the pain, don't lower yourself, have self respect and hold your head up high. Everything will be ok.
Reply 3
Original post by Start the Fire
That's common m8

With women there is kind of lag time for when they dump you, they decide weeks, sometimes months before they do it but first they make sure they have another guy to rebound on, she probably wanted to dump you for a while so that's why it felt so sudden.

That's why you should always have that female friend who wants to bed you but you don't let em. When things like this happen you get the upper hand by sleeping with them first.
Reply 4
Original post by sachin97

You broke up with her and if she isn't apologising or making amends with you it just shows she doesn't care about you or your feelings. There is nothing you can do except wait for her to get in touch but that dosen't look likely so you need to move on with your life and meet other girls.
Also you said your gf broke up with you yet you said it you you who broke up with her?
Get over it (easier said than done, I know) but give yourself 6 months... Don't contact her and start re-building relationships with friends and family, try to distract yourself with work/hobbies/sport! I know how you feel, so you're not on your own there!
Reply 6
Original post by chikane
You broke up with her and if she isn't apologising or making amends with you it just shows she doesn't care about you or your feelings. There is nothing you can do except wait for her to get in touch but that dosen't look likely so you need to move on with your life and meet other girls.
Also you said your gf broke up with you yet you said it you you who broke up with her?

Sounds like she was furious he pulled the trigger.
Reply 7
Sorry to hear this. It is a heartbreaking situation for a good relationship to end like this. From my experience girls are remarkably unperturbed and callous at moving on, with a 'I don't feel the same'. The fact that it's true and they probably can't help it doesn't make much sense at the time. So, focus on friends, beer, music, give it time, see what happens. But new and better love does come.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending