The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation opinions from current bath students?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bath~Student
Then you're lucky. That's exceptionally unusual of non-STEM folk.

It's not really unusual. It's playing to your strengths. That student is good at what she does and it was recognised. The proof is right there with the 28k job lined up for her. There isn't just money in STEM.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by undine_monty
It's not really unusual. It's playing to your strengths. That student is good at what she does and it was recognised. The proof is right there with the 28k job lined up for her. There isn't just money in STEM.

It's very unusual. Check the statistics. Generally, the starting salary is only like 22k on average, in stem the expected starting salary is 28k in most disciplines.
It's very unusual. Check the statistics. Generally, the starting salary is only like 22k on average, in stem the expected starting salary is 28k in most disciplines.

It's not really unusual for a Bath student though. Two thirds of the students there undertake work placements making them more employable with their experience.

When they graduate and find a job, because of their experience, they can start at a higher position than the average graduate with the same degree as them, with higher pay.
It's not really unusual for a Bath student though. Two thirds of the students there undertake work placements making them more employable with their experience.

When they graduate and find a job, because of their experience, they can start at a higher position than the average graduate with the same degree as them, with higher pay.

Are statistics beyond a sociologist?

http://university.which.co.uk/univer...9000-l300-4837
Are statistics beyond a sociologist?

http://university.which.co.uk/univer...9000-l300-4837

We weren't talking about Sociology in specific though. We were talking about the salaries of non-STEM subject graduates of Bath in general which are higher than the average. The proof is there in the link you posted. You provided evidence to support my claim.
We weren't talking about Sociology in specific though. We were talking about the salaries of non-STEM subject graduates of Bath in general which are higher than the average. The proof is there in the link you posted. You provided evidence to support my claim.

Higher than average good
Higher than average will pay your exuberant accommodation requirements.

The 22k average figure is across all jobs. At Bath you have a great chance (if you apply for enough of them and want one) of getting onto a great well-paid grad scheme no matter your degree discipline. Average for grad schemes is probably £26-27k.

Please STFU and go back to playing with yourself and revising for A-Levels.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
The 22k average figure is across all jobs. At Bath you have a great chance (if you apply for enough of them and want one) of getting onto a great well-paid grad scheme no matter your degree discipline. Average for grad schemes is probably £26-27k.

Please STFU and go back to playing with yourself and revising for A-Levels.

You're harsh..
but not wrong :'(

I guess the former will stop with all the sociologists being present.
Higher than average good
Higher than average will pay your exuberant accommodation requirements.

Here we go again with the accommodation :sigh:

I don't wish to talk further about what you consider to be an issue.
Hi,

Just to remind everyone, applications for accommodation open on Tuesday 12th April. In order to be able to apply for accommodation on the day it opens, you must have made Bath your firm choice via UCAS track by 10:30pm tonight.

I'm a current second year student at Bath, so please feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
Reply 90
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Just to remind everyone, applications for accommodation open on Tuesday 12th April. In order to be able to apply for accommodation on the day it opens, you must have made Bath your firm choice via UCAS track by 10:30pm tonight.

I'm a current second year student at Bath, so please feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth

Having some trouble with the application, may i message you about it?
I haven't a clue what you have applied for, but CLEARLY it isn't a STEM subject.

Those of us who have a solid understanding of mathematics (economics to some degree), realise that it is pathetic to spend twice as much for essentially the same thing. Perhaps it has eluded you, but you can live at Eastwood, have all the facilities a normally functioning human needs (I do not exaggerate) and three times the happiness because you don't need to live off mouldy ham for the next three weeks as you have enough money left for food at the end of the week.

A few weeks back I had to explain this to someone who had applied for mathematics...... I despair.

What, darling, have you applied for?

I truly, truly, want to see people like that undine-monty plonker pay back their debts. First, she is essentially studying unemployment itself, then thinks it is sensible to waste money on unnecesseties, if I may so say.

Looks like we're both going to study Unemployment ;-) Tbh, the fact that it is a usually studied by females and STEM more by males does probably mean that there will be some "ehemming" going on.

Apparently, me asking you to "please elaborate" about the inhumane pricing of Osborne House means that I don't have the capacity to understand to the level of STEM and econ. students?

I have an a-level understanding of economics and don't actually know the ins and outs of experiences in both accommodations. I totally agree with you, I just don't understand why you assumed that I am unintelligent for asking you a question I didn't think you explained fully. (Weather my choice in subject has changed your opinion, I simply don't care and I am aware of some of the careers I could be forced into for having this degree I'd rather avoid.)

I was hoping you would actually elaborate on why you think Osborne House is worse value, (seeing as even the standard price IS EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE AS EASTWOOD!) rather than insult my intelligence.

I did ask you not to mention ensuites as I wasn't actually asking for that reason and I've seen the copy/paste message on a few posts. The main reason I was asking for is a totally different reason.

Looked at Quads online since the Open Day gave it a huge amount of praise, saw a huge waste of money, especially if you don't get along with your flatmates as it seems like you are paying for a huge room with one TV and a tiny bedroom. Unfortunatly, my mother wants (read: is forcing) me to go here despite her not being the one paying for it so I need to come up with a comprehensive reasons to go here or a different campus halls.
Original post by Charlotte_Simm
Looks like we're both going to study Unemployment ;-) Tbh, the fact that it is a usually studied by females and STEM more by males does probably mean that there will be some "ehemming" going on.

Apparently, me asking you to "please elaborate" about the inhumane pricing of Osborne House means that I don't have the capacity to understand to the level of STEM and econ. students?

I have an a-level understanding of economics and don't actually know the ins and outs of experiences in both accommodations. I totally agree with you, I just don't understand why you assumed that I am unintelligent for asking you a question I didn't think you explained fully. (Weather my choice in subject has changed your opinion, I simply don't care and I am aware of some of the careers I could be forced into for having this degree I'd rather avoid.)

I was hoping you would actually elaborate on why you think Osborne House is worse value, (seeing as even the standard price IS EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE AS EASTWOOD!) rather than insult my intelligence.

I did ask you not to mention ensuites as I wasn't actually asking for that reason and I've seen the copy/paste message on a few posts. The main reason I was asking for is a totally different reason.

Looked at Quads online since the Open Day gave it a huge amount of praise, saw a huge waste of money, especially if you don't get along with your flatmates as it seems like you are paying for a huge room with one TV and a tiny bedroom. Unfortunately, my mother wants (read: is forcing) me to go here despite her not being the one paying for it so I need to come up with a comprehensive reasons to go here or a different campus halls.

A master piece. It turns out you are actually intelligent.
Ye, Osborne is fine if, and only if, you choose the standard room.

What have you applied for?? I most certainly am not studying unemployment!
#engineeringmasterrace.
A master piece. It turns out you are actually intelligent.
Ye, Osborne is fine if, and only if, you choose the standard room.

What have you applied for?? I most certainly am not studying unemployment!
#engineeringmasterrace.

Haha, thanks :-P I've applied for sociology #reallynotascience
Original post by Charlotte_Simm
Haha, thanks :-P I've applied for sociology #reallynotascience

Reply 95
NORWOOD OR WESTWOOD plz
Reply 96

^ so right! This guy really needs to take a hint and leave us to our own choice!
Reply 97
Original post by ssamarai
NORWOOD OR WESTWOOD plz

I'm going Norwood, really like the rooms and location. But I have a mate in Westwood who loves it so either sounds good!
Original post by c9smith8
^ so right! This guy really needs to take a hint and leave us to our own choice!

:yep:

What course did you firm?
Reply 99
:yep:

What course did you firm?

Mechanical with Automotive engineering, how about you??

Quick Reply

Latest