The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Nightlife and travel

So Im trying to make up my mind between Bath and Leicester.The major factor for me as a music student and current DJ is the music scene as a whole.

Now as we know bristol is close but how realistic is it to go on a night out there?
Based on that do people just decided to live in Bristol in their 2nd and 3rd years? - is travel possible?

Similarly on that note what is the night life like in bath and how realistic is it to get between halls or other accommodation near bath late at night? whats the cost gonna be like?

Thanks for you immense help!
Original post by Sominio
So Im trying to make up my mind between Bath and Leicester.The major factor for me as a music student and current DJ is the music scene as a whole.

Now as we know bristol is close but how realistic is it to go on a night out there?
Based on that do people just decided to live in Bristol in their 2nd and 3rd years? - is travel possible?

Similarly on that note what is the night life like in bath and how realistic is it to get between halls or other accommodation near bath late at night? whats the cost gonna be like?

Thanks for you immense help!

I'm also thinking this, I come from London so don't want to move a city that's completely dead and no one goes out!
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by kimberleyrolph
I'm also thinking this, I come from London so don't want to move a city that's completely dead and no one goes out!

i've been speaking a lot about to a friend of a friend who goes to bath spa... about the night life in bath. He said that he is very social and absolutely loves it (in last year now) its whatever you want to make of it, if you have social and fun friends then wherever you are whether its the best or the worst club you'll have a good time. waterside sounds like the most social accommodation as its nearer the city so people tend to want to stay there if they enjoy nights out as its easier to get into town and home again.
Original post by roo96
i've been speaking a lot about to a friend of a friend who goes to bath spa... about the night life in bath. He said that he is very social and absolutely loves it (in last year now) its whatever you want to make of it, if you have social and fun friends then wherever you are whether its the best or the worst club you'll have a good time. waterside sounds like the most social accommodation as its nearer the city so people tend to want to stay there if they enjoy nights out as its easier to get into town and home again.

I was pretty set for applying for accommodation on campus but now I'm not so sure. I would rather live in a more lively hall so I'm thinking applying for Waterside court will be best?
Reply 4
I was pretty set for applying for accommodation on campus but now I'm not so sure. I would rather live in a more lively hall so I'm thinking applying for Waterside court will be best?

Yes I was originally applying for gardens but following the conversation in definitely putting waterside as my first choice! X
Reply 5
Bath and Bristol both have a good night life.

People go to Bath from Bristol or the other way around all the time for a night out.

Only problem is that dedicated hip hop/rnb nights can be hard to come by in Bristol sometimes. Usually only a few a month.
Original post by roo96
Yes I was originally applying for gardens but following the conversation in definitely putting waterside as my first choice! X

Ahh I'm confused now! Do you think it's worth the extra money and commute into campus? X
Original post by TheBBQ
Bath and Bristol both have a good night life.

People go to Bath from Bristol or the other way around all the time for a night out.

Only problem is that dedicated hip hop/rnb nights can be hard to come by in Bristol sometimes. Usually only a few a month.

Any nights like this at all in Bath? :frown:
Reply 8
Any nights like this at all in Bath? :frown:

rnb/hip hop nights?
Original post by TheBBQ
rnb/hip hop nights?

Yeah :biggrin:
Reply 10
Yeah :biggrin:

Bump & grind and Brooklyn Zoo are hip hop and r&b DJs that go around the southwest and more places, they play every month.

https://twitter.com/bmpandgrnd
https://twitter.com/brooklynzoouk

I went to Second Bridge where they apparently have a dedicated room for all this too :tongue:
Reply 11
Ahh I'm confused now! Do you think it's worth the extra money and commute into campus? X

Personally i'd rather be closer to the city for the nightlife and ill probably get a part time job after a month or two... i guess it depends what your priorities are. I don't mind a bus ride into campus before lectures?? Its like a £400 difference in accom costs.. which i think is worth it (and extra weeks work before i go and that'll be paid for for the whole year!)
Original post by roo96
Personally i'd rather be closer to the city for the nightlife and ill probably get a part time job after a month or two... i guess it depends what your priorities are. I don't mind a bus ride into campus before lectures?? Its like a £400 difference in accom costs.. which i think is worth it (and extra weeks work before i go and that'll be paid for for the whole year!)

That's true I'm looking to get a part time job as well. Think I'm going to apply to waterside too :smile:
leicester IS DEAD. Having grown up there, the night life is lacking considerably apart from the few novelty clubs like Club Republic...but these are often only good nights out because everything else is classed as rubbish. HOWEVER, i know nothing about the UNI night life and what they put on for the students...by all means that could be amazing x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending