The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alkaline.

I am not here to "forgive someones sin". I am not God, I am not all forgiving all merciful, the offence was not against me for me to forgive. I would simply chose someone who is a virgin since they have the mindset.

I actually fall for a person's behaviour and their actions I believe that's what a person themselves more than anything, what they choose to do with their time etc.

I can choose to not marry who isn't a virgin lol I don't need to "forgive" them for anything I'd still be their friend it's not like I'd discriminate against them in other ways or call them a bad muslim.

The point I was making is that if Allah can forgive the individual then who are you to hold it against them? Why would you chose to not marry someone purely because of a mistake they made in the past - a mistake which they have possibly regretted and repented for? If you want a virgin then by all means go for it but it seems, to me, like a rather trivial thing. Allah has forgiven them so consider them as equal to anyone else.

Btw, I'm pretty sure TahweedNetwork and Start the Fire are both trolls. :tongue:
Original post by AmazingArry
Traditional isn't as traditional as you think. The earliest religions, whether you regard them as religions or not, the female was the traditional leader of a societal system and were successful until male orientative religions tried to overthrow them.
Posted from TSR Mobile

lol wtf am I reading
Original post by Anonymous
no they don't since this is a thread for muslims.
regardless, they shouldn't have to lower their standards if they themselves are virgins.

I hate to be the one who breaks this to you but there really aren't that many virgins around. :redface:
Original post by Legendary Quest
Btw, I'm pretty sure TahweedNetwork and Start the Fire are both trolls. :tongue:

I'm not, I'd only get married to a virgin, sorry if you can't accept that.
The point I was making is that if Allah can forgive the individual then who are you to hold it against them? Why would you chose to not marry someone purely because of a mistake they made in the past - a mistake which they have possibly regretted and repented for? If you want a virgin then by all means go for it but it seems, to me, like a rather trivial thing. Allah has forgiven them so consider them as equal to anyone else.

I don't think you realise how hard it can be for many muslims. It's not trivial to me, you actually have to put mental effort in to not fall in fornication, and it can very difficult sometimes. I'm not gonna marry someone who couldn't put up with that when I had to.

Why are you bringing "equality" into this??

I hate to be the one who breaks this to you but there really aren't that many virgins around. :redface:

I didn't think so at first, but there are definitely alot more than I thought. Hell I even know two (Attractive) non-muslims who are virgins soooo
(edited 8 years ago)

where do you live?
I don't think you realise how hard it can be for many muslims. It's not trivial to me, you actually have to put mental effort in to not fall in fornication, and it can very difficult sometimes. I'm not gonna marry someone who couldn't put up with that when I had to.

Why are you bringing "equality" into this??

I didn't think so at first, but there are definitely alot more than I thought. Hell I even know two (Attractive) non-muslims who are virgins soooo

Fair enough.

I meant it as in - consider them on the same level as a virgin. As in, to not reject them purely because of their past. That is, if they have repented.

I think there are more virgins than most of us care to admit but I think there are far more who aren't. And there are definitely plenty that keep it a secret :tongue:
where do you live?

On Earth I think
On Earth I think

look love just because you're a slag, that doesn't mean all girls are
Fair enough.

I meant it as in - consider them on the same level as a virgin. As in, to not reject them purely because of their past. That is, if they have repented.

I think there are more virgins than most of us care to admit but I think there are far more who aren't. And there are definitely plenty that keep it a secret :tongue:

why? when they are not. what the...
to accept someone's past but to try and claim they are the same when they are clearly not.

I agree.
Yup what happened was in the past and if the person has changed after that I'd have no problem. Muslim male.
On Earth I think

that was implied, or are you too dense to realise that? That earth is the only known place to support human life.

I mean specifically where on Earth? and Where within that country? because you seem to be making general statements on the existence of virgins for the whole entire Earth.
why? when they are not. what the...
to accept someone's past but to try and claim they are the same when they are clearly not.

I agree.

But surely Allah decides that and not you? And therefore you should consider everyone as though they are on the same level because, as you rightly pointed out earlier, you are not Allah?
I prefer to marry a virgin but i can make an exception for ONE penis.
Anything more than that you can find some other mug to marry.
Dont mind.
Original post by Start the Fire
look love just because you're a slag, that doesn't mean all girls are

lol

that was implied, or are you too dense to realise that? That earth is the only known place to support human life.

I mean specifically where on Earth? and Where within that country? because you seem to be making general statements on the existence of virgins for the whole entire Earth.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their bed today. :oops: Since you are too dense to realise, I shall spell it out for you: I am not going to tell you where I live because that is irrelevant. In Britain, sex out of wedlock is considered to be normal and therefore it happens quite a lot.

:smile:
But surely Allah decides that and not you? And therefore you should consider everyone as though they are on the same level because, as you rightly pointed out earlier, you are not Allah?

Am I judging how good of a muslim they are based on their virginity? No. Am I saying I don't want a non-virgin person for myself out of my own personal preference with a right to do so? Yes.
you really have a hard time understanding other people's POV, don't you?

Let me say this, it is about principle. I would actually be happy to marry a strict christian or Jew if it was allowed for women in Islam.

Original post by muslimstanisyed
I prefer to marry a virgin but i can make an exception for ONE penis.
Anything more than that you can find some other mug to marry.

same, I think before on a thread I have said someone if he has been with either one or less girl, and by with I mean not just penetration but everything else too.
lol

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their bed today. :oops: Since you are too dense to realise, I shall spell it out for you: I am not going to tell you where I live because that is irrelevant. In Britain, sex out of wedlock is considered to be normal and therefore it happens quite a lot.

Who cares? British women are universally considered the ugliest in Europe so it's no great loss. Most British men with sense look for a wife abroad these days.

You are more dense than me.

There we go, Britain was all that was really necessary. You also didn't realise this thread was for muslims with comments like that did you, regardless of country "sex out of wedlock? is not considered to be normal in Islam. Of course we know most non-muslims aren't virgins.
Am I judging how good of a muslim they are based on their virginity? No. Am I saying I don't want a non-virgin person for myself out of my own personal preference with a right to do so? Yes.
you really have a hard time understanding other people's POV, don't you?

Let me say this, it is about principle. I would actually be happy to marry a strict christian or Jew if it was allowed for women in Islam.

I said: '...consider them on the same level as a virgin' because it is not your job to decide whether or not someone is good. Your response was:
why? when they are not.

I am now asking you: who are you to say they are not? You are now claiming that you were not judging how good of a Muslim an individual is based on their virginity yet your response above implies the opposite.

Latest