The Student Room Group

why do muslims get persecuted on this site?

I've joined today but all i see is muslim bashing.

What have muslims done to you? Its very unfair and hurtful

Muslims are very nice people and have great morals.

#LOVEMUSLIMS :hippie:

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

That's not true....
Reply 2
They get persecuted everywhere and the so called liberals don't even see it because they never even bother interacting with a real one just read Dawkins books.
Reply 3
its really unfair
Some Muslims try justifying their hatred for the West.

Maybe that's why they get bashed?
Reply 5
To whoever just told me they don't.

I was in a car with a Polish man who looked so disgusted with a girl in a hijab walking past us that I thought he was going to get out and beat her.
Let's all live in peace and happiness. I love Muslims and everyone else for that matter too!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
"Best way to get rep is to make threads like these"......ive seen to many now
Keyboard warriors
You obviously don't go on TSR much, or you're just not reading what they say. The vast majority criticise Islam, not muslims, which is a very good idea for healthy debate. Also there is a little thing called freedom of speech, the most important aspect of which is the right to offend (The gov inc of course).
Original post by truemiscer
I've joined today but all i see is muslim bashing.

What have muslims done to you? Its very unfair and hurtful

#LOVEMUSLIMS :hippie:

Beats me. So many people judge millions of Muslims based on the views and actions of a few of us. But you don't see that happening so much in the media with Christianity- where you have quite a few abusive Catholic schools etc. (not judging Christians based on this btw- just comparing how the media portrays religions)
its called islamophobia :colone:
you are abusing the word " persecute"

the real persecuted ones are the yazidis
Original post by Virgili
They get persecuted everywhere and the so called liberals don't even see it because they never even bother interacting with a real one just read Dawkins books.

Liberals don't persecute Muslims enough.
Original post by fatima1998
its called islamophobia :colone:

Lol there isn't much islamophobia on tsr. If you see any, report it, don't complain about it.
Original post by nightwing51214
Beats me. So many people judge millions of Muslims based on the views and actions of a few of us. But you don't see that happening so much in the media with Christianity- where you have quite a few abusive Catholic schools etc. (not judging Christians based on this btw- just comparing how the media portrays religions)

Terrorism is not the reason people have issue with Islam.
Original post by Trapz99
Lol there isn't much islamophobia on tsr. If you see any, report it, don't complain about it.

I do but mods close those threads before me reporting them :colondollar:
and there is an awful lot of islamophobia going on....
Reply 17
Original post by HucktheForde
you are abusing the word " persecute"

the real persecuted ones are the yazidis

See the juxtaposition here

Muslims - Yazidis

Ignore the fact Yazidis have lived in the Muslim community for thousands of years?

Uk Muslims obviously persecute the Yazidis as well.

You know the biggest casualty of ISIS by numbers? It's not actually the Yazidis, it's Muslims.
Original post by truemiscer

That's one generalisation that a lot of Muslims won't take exception with. 'Cause generalisations are okay, as long as they're favourable. :wink:
Original post by fatima1998
I do but mods close those threads before me reporting them :colondollar:
and there is an awful lot of islamophobia going on....

Yeah but I think Chrisitans are being persecuted more on tsr. Whenever I see a thread on a social issue like abortion or gay marriage or religious freedom, people criticise Christians as being bigots or idiots, yet if someone said that about Muslims, the post gets taken down instantly. I'd argue that Islam is less persecuted on tsr (and in British society) than Chrisitianity.

Quick Reply

Latest