The Student Room Group

Muslim doctor calls killing homosexuals "compassionate"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
It was not a couple of goons it was a Doctor attending a Mosque in the UK and he was 'warmly received' by the audience

If his comment are not the norm why did not one single muslim at the event complain or challenge his abhorrent comments?

i was actually referring to extremist, because that's where most of the stereotypes come from....

tbh idk what happened with the doctor but if you kill someone just cos of that, its not justified enough its like another thread where people are talking about the killing of sandra bland and many others by the us police force and how the killing is not justified
Original post by QE2
So, you are saying that you should be able to decide which bits of Islam apply, and which don't, depending on your own personal morality?

But a killing sanctioned by law is not murder (within that culture at least), to the killing of homosexuals, according to the sharia process, is not murder. It is sanctioned by Allah. So really, opposing it is more likely to see you in jahannam.

bloody hell you're everywhere i go :/
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Okay we're not going to agree on ibn Baz, but you claimed that no-one believed this but I embedded a youtube video of a debate on Iraqi TV about whether the earth is flat.

Clearly some people do believe it

I thought you were referring to the ulama. Debates like those by people who haven't even studied the Qur'an properly are an embarrassment. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about
Reply 223
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope don't get your reply
I think she means that just saying that killing people for being gay is wrong, doesn't make it wrong.

Which is correct. It would still be wrong, even if no one said it. (Which is probably not what she meant!)
Original post by yasminkattan
I thought you were referring to the ulama. Debates like those by people who haven't even studied the Qur'an properly are an embarrassment. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about

How do you know they haven't studied the Qur'an?

Do you live with them?
Original post by QE2
Hardly "horrific", but unacceptable, yes.

And now it has been changed.
How long until homosexuality is no longer a sin in Islam?
A year? Two? Ten? Any idea?

Homosexuality has no place in any of the three Abrahamic religions, and it will definitely always (inshallah) be considered a sin in Islam. However this doesn't affect you, so my advice is stop wasting your energy on it.
Original post by Attempt
How do you know they haven't studied the Qur'an?

Do you live with them?

Because his views go against the teachings of the Qur'an. Your responses are starting to irritate me.
Original post by QE2
So, you are saying that you should be able to decide which bits of Islam apply, and which don't, depending on your own personal morality?

But a killing sanctioned by law is not murder (within that culture at least), to the killing of homosexuals, according to the sharia process, is not murder. It is sanctioned by Allah. So really, opposing it is more likely to see you in jahannam.

thats not what i mean, religion is supposed to guide you on the right path, and i know islam condemns homosexuality so i've been guided but in the 21st century where everyone is more open minded i stay neutral so i dont get bashed for religious views, you didnt quite catch that my moral belief is blank, i dont care about lgbt, so i don't involve myself in that

you're last point is quite unclear.... the guy was a doctor, not some scholar to go, KILL HIM
Homosexuality has no place in any of the three Abrahamic religions, and it will definitely always (inshallah) be considered a sin in Islam. However this doesn't affect you, so my advice is stop wasting your energy on it.

If I was an American in the 1940s then Hitler exterminating the Jews wouldn't affect me, strictly speaking. That is no argument for the proposition that I should have ignored it.

Just as the fact I'm not a Muslim or an Arabian doesn't mean I shouldn't speak out against their attempt to exterminate the gays.
Original post by Attempt
Like I give a ƒuck about what irritates you.

How do they go against the Qu'ran where there are plenty of verses in the Qu'ran supporting the flat earth?

I don't appreciate people using that sort of language in general and especially not when talking to me, so do yourself a favour and don't bother replying to any of my posts.

You think 'spread out' is the same as 'flat'? I don't know what to tell you really. No matter how much someone explains something to people like you, the hate you have for Islam will always cloud that mind of yours. Try reading the verses properly before claiming the Qur'an supports the idea of the earth being flat. So stupid.
Reply 230
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Well received by fellow Muslims probably.

Well received by most people in Sanford I should think. It's a red neck town - I know it very well. (To give you an idea of how red neck it is, the fictional archetype red neck Larry the Cable Guy "lives" in Sanford)

I had no idea that there was an Islamic Center there though - I thought the Klan would still be lynching non-whites in Sanford.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
If I was an American in the 1940s then Hitler exterminating the Jews wouldn't affect me, strictly speaking. That is no argument for the proposition that I should have ignored it.

Just as the fact I'm not a Muslim or an Arabian doesn't mean I shouldn't speak out against their attempt to exterminate the gays.

No one is attempting to "exterminate" gays. I said it will always be considered a sin in Islam, and what is considered a sin in someone else's religion does not affect you.
I don't appreciate people using that sort of language in general and especially not when talking to me, so do yourself a favour and don't bother replying to any of my posts.

You think 'spread out' is the same as 'flat'? I don't know what to tell you really. No matter how much someone explains something to people like you, the hate you have for Islam will always cloud that mind of yours. Try reading the verses properly before claiming the Qur'an supports the idea of the earth being flat. So stupid.

Whenever you're done rambling like a child.

Feel free to read these many verses with their arabic meanings next to it.

Qur'an 20:53الذي جعل لكم الارض مهدا وسلك لكم فيها سبلا وانزل من السماء ماء فاخرجنا به ازواجا من نبات شتىAllathee jaAAala lakumu al-ardamahdan wasalaka lakum feeha subulan waanzala mina alssama-imaan faakhrajna bihi azwajan min nabatinshattaHe Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others

مَهْدًا = mahdan = (Noun) cradle or bed, (verb) flatten, smoothen, smooth, level, cement, grade, ram, plane, roll, flat, level off.

Qur'an 43:10الذي جعل لكم الارض مهدا وجعل لكم فيها سبلا لعلكم تهتدونAllathee jaAAala lakumu al-ardamahdan wajaAAala lakum feeha subulan laAAallakum tahtadoona(Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth (like a carpet) spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);

مَهْدًا = mahdan = (Noun) cradle.or bed, (verb) flatten , smoothen , smooth , level , cement , grade , ram , plane , roll , flat , level off

Qur'an 71:19]والله جعل لكم الارض بساطاWaAllahu jaAAala lakumu al-ardabisatan And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),

بِسَاطًا = bisaatan = drugget , carpet , rug from the verb بسط = outspread , flatten , flat , even , ram , grade , level off , outstretch , pave , level , smoothen , roll , cement
There should be a law where everytime a hetero refers to gay people as 'homosexuals' or uses us as a point to condemn Islam they have to pay us £5 in reparations.
Reply 234

That's true. Most of Christianity conveniently ignores what is said about homosexuality in the Bible. Or they try and twist the verses to give a more modern and enlightened meaning. But they fail. It is what it says on the tin.
No one is attempting to "exterminate" gays.

The law of Saudi Arabia calls for them to be executed. If the law of Saudi Arabia was carried out in the case of every homosexual, they would be exterminated. It's really quite breathtaking that you are justifying a state where homosexuals can be beheaded simply for making love to another consenting adult.

Then again, Saudi Arabia also executes people for "sorcery" so that gives us an idea of the fcking medieval mentality we're dealing with here.

I said it will always be considered a sin in Islam, and what is considered a sin in someone else's religion does not affect you.

Actually, it does affect me when my LGBT (and indeed my atheist) brothers and sisters are being killed for their sexuality or their freethinking.

Can't tell you how gratifying it is that the UK is making war on the most enthusiastic practitioners of Islam vis-a-vis homosexuality (ISIS). Quids says you probably say we shouldn't be doing that either
Original post by nikolateslacles
There should be a law where everytime a hetero refers to gay people as 'homosexuals' or uses us as a point to condemn Islam they have to pay us £5 in reparations.

Erm... I'm gay and I've used the term "homosexuals" on this thread. Islam's treatment of homosexuals deserves condemnation.

Why are you being so bigoted and attacking people purely because they're heterosexual? You come across as one of the deluded regressive left homosexuals who justify murderous homophobia on the basis it would be "Islamophobic" to condemn it
Original post by Attempt
Whenever you're done rambling like a child.

Feel free to read these many verses with their arabic meanings next to it.

Qur'an 20:53الذي جعل لكم الارض مهدا وسلك لكم فيها سبلا وانزل من السماء ماء فاخرجنا به ازواجا من نبات شتىAllathee jaAAala lakumu al-ardamahdan wasalaka lakum feeha subulan waanzala mina alssama-imaan faakhrajna bihi azwajan min nabatinshattaHe Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others

مَهْدًا = mahdan = (Noun) cradle or bed, (verb) flatten, smoothen, smooth, level, cement, grade, ram, plane, roll, flat, level off.

Qur'an 43:10الذي جعل لكم الارض مهدا وجعل لكم فيها سبلا لعلكم تهتدونAllathee jaAAala lakumu al-ardamahdan wajaAAala lakum feeha subulan laAAallakum tahtadoona(Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth (like a carpet) spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);

مَهْدًا = mahdan = (Noun) cradle.or bed, (verb) flatten , smoothen , smooth , level , cement , grade , ram , plane , roll , flat , level off

Qur'an 71:19]والله جعل لكم الارض بساطاWaAllahu jaAAala lakumu al-ardabisatan And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),

بِسَاطًا = bisaatan = drugget , carpet , rug from the verb بسط = outspread , flatten , flat , even , ram , grade , level off , outstretch , pave , level , smoothen , roll , cement

I don't need an Arabic lesson from you thanks :biggrin:
Why do you only pick out the part that says 'spread out' instead of analysing the entire ayat and its meaning?
Reply 238
Original post by M14B
Well, it is in Iran

Sanford is in Florida, not Iran.
I don't need an Arabic lesson from you thanks :biggrin:
Why do you only pick out the part that says 'spread out' instead of analysing the entire ayat and its meaning?

Those were the entire verses or as you call it "ayah"

And the meaning is crystal clear. Maybe Allah is deceiving the Kuffir into thinking that the earth is round, he is the best of all deceivers isn't he.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending