Exams 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Thanks mate I'm aiming for:
Maths - A*
Further maths - A*
Physics - A
Biology im gonna drop but for AS I want a B ;p

Wow!!! They're really good grades to be aiming for and I'm sure that on results day you will have those grades.. Good Luck!!! :smile:
Original post by the-future-medic
Wow!!! They're really good grades to be aiming for and I'm sure that on results day you will have those grades.. Good Luck!!! :smile:

I hope so :tongue:
Bump :smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the exams are closing in on us all :frown: Is everyone ready for them?
How are you preparing for them?
Are you stressed out and don't want to do no more?

Well discuss it all here! Because we can do this together this year we will all claim our "Top Grades" if you are aiming for an A let us get that! If you are aiming for a B let's do this bruh :biggrin: If you're doing A2's I expect those A*'s because we all have the ability to do this we just need to work hard and be determined!
And yes I'm talking to you :wink:

Here are a few tips that have helped me get from a U at the start of the year to now A's/B's: (AS-Level)

Colour Co-ordinating my notes this has really helped me as it makes it much easier to picture the notes in my head during a test or something :smile:

Making clear diagrams on a white board and sticking it in my bedroom!

Repeating the notes out LOUD so that everyone can hear it XD

Listening to music that motivates you and makes you want to do more, I know how difficult it can be sometimes to do any work but the day you feel like you can't do no more THAT DAY YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Acting like a pro because tbh who ain't a pro on TSR :wink:

My AS-levels:
- Further maths
- Maths
- Biology
- Physics
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing my A2s this year, and pretty much agree with everything you have said except that work best in total silence. I revise in the kitchen too so that I am far away from distractions :lol: It also helps me to revise at a table rather than sat on my bed or on the floor :biggrin: I also recommend doing as many past paper questions as possible (I asked my school for their exampro password so I could do as many questions as possible)

At A2 I'm doing; Maths, Chem and Bio :smile:
I'm doing maths furthermaths, law and ICT
:smile:
Original post by Amellia123
I'm doing my A2s this year, and pretty much agree with everything you have said except that work best in total silence. I revise in the kitchen too so that I am far away from distractions :lol: It also helps me to revise at a table rather than sat on my bed or on the floor :biggrin: I also recommend doing as many past paper questions as possible (I asked my school for their exampro password so I could do as many questions as possible)

At A2 I'm doing; Maths, Chem and Bio :smile:

Welcome Amellia to my thread you took your time :frown: And yes it depends on the individual for the music :biggrin:
And nice nice you told me before ;D
We can do this!
Welcome Amellia to my thread you took your time :frown: And yes it depends on the individual for the music :biggrin:
And nice nice you told me before ;D
We can do this!

I am so sorry - I got home from school at 4 and then pretty much immediately began revising :/ And yeah :biggrin:
Haha did I? Ahh well :tongue:
Yes we can!!!!!
I am so sorry - I got home from school at 4 and then pretty much immediately began revising :/ And yeah :biggrin:
Haha did I? Ahh well :tongue:
Yes we can!!!!!

Well you are one of my bff's have you forgot who i am o.o
And you had school O_O what about easter holidays?!
Aw must have been hard work
Well you are one of my bff's have you forgot who i am o.o
And you had school O_O what about easter holidays?!
Aw must have been hard work

Haha no of course not! :jumphug: I just forget what I tell who on here.... so many users :tongue:
Yeah I did, and I already had them! (I live in Northern England) I went back on Monday!!

Yeah it was - I have my ISAs in a week and a half!! :eek:
Haha no of course not! :jumphug: I just forget what I tell who on here.... so many users :tongue:
Yeah I did, and I already had them! (I live in Northern England) I went back on Monday!!

Yeah it was - I have my ISAs in a week and a half!! :eek:

darn we dont have ISAs no more but we get tested on them in the exam ;/
awwww that sucks
goood luck u wont need it :tongue:
darn we dont have ISAs no more but we get tested on them in the exam ;/
awwww that sucks
goood luck u wont need it :tongue:

My sister is doing AS and it seems so much harder having to do experimental data for it - at least in the ISAs you could get it over and done with before the exam
Haha yep! And boy did I waste that holiday (work wise :tongue: )

Haha yes I will!! Thank you :tongue: Good luck for you too!
My sister is doing AS and it seems so much harder having to do experimental data for it - at least in the ISAs you could get it over and done with before the exam
Haha yep! And boy did I waste that holiday (work wise :tongue: )

Haha yes I will!! Thank you :tongue: Good luck for you too!

rofl good good :smile:
:biggrin:
Yea omg its just messed :frown: i wish her and me the best of luck
rofl good good :smile:
Yea omg its just messed :frown: i wish her and me the best of luck

Haha yeah :smile:

It is isn't it? And you have np papers to revise from that are the same! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be a little more generous for you this year :smile: I wish you both the best of luck too!
Haha yeah :smile:

It is isn't it? And you have np papers to revise from that are the same! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be a little more generous for you this year :smile: I wish you both the best of luck too!

Yea grade boundaries should be low as hell :smile:
Hopefully 60% for an A yayayyayayyaya!
Doubt it though LOL
Yea grade boundaries should be low as hell :smile:
Hopefully 60% for an A yayayyayayyaya!
Doubt it though LOL

Haha yeah :yep: They need to be like GCSE when I needed 71% for an A* :lol:
They probs will be quite low - would be ridiculous if they were sky high
Haha yeah :yep: They need to be like GCSE when I needed 71% for an A* :lol:
They probs will be quite low - would be ridiculous if they were sky high

ik :frown:
if it was high id be dead i just want a B in biology and an A in physics this year
and A in maths & further maths
And next year A* maths further maths and A in physics :smile:
Original post by Lelouch's Geass
I'm doing maths furthermaths, law and ICT
:smile:

what exam board for ICT - is it AS??? :excited:
ik :frown:
if it was high id be dead i just want a B in biology and an A in physics this year
and A in maths & further maths
And next year A* maths further maths and A in physics :smile:

I think you be able to achieve that :smile: Last year it was something like 68% for an A in Physics! Haha wish I could get an A in maths, its quite hard this year!
Killua?

I'm currently studying A-level Biology, A-level Psychology and AS Global Development.

To be honest, I have no idea what global development is and my biology deadline for coursework is in a few days (lol).

I'm pretty last minute and only just started studying (not a good idea at all).

Despite the big fail, I am still aiming for those A's / A*'s.

Wish me luck...? 😅
Original post by Xerxesisx
Killua?

I'm currently studying A-level Biology, A-level Psychology and AS Global Development.

To be honest, I have no idea what global development is and my biology deadline for coursework is in a few days (lol).

I'm pretty last minute and only just started studying (not a good idea at all).

Despite the big fail, I am still aiming for those A's / A*'s.

Wish me luck...? 😅

Yes I am Killua :smile:
Ooooooo interesting :smile:
Darn keep at it bro :biggrin: you can do this!
Dw you still have plenty of time as long as you use it :smile:
YOU CAN DO IT BEST OF LUCK BRO :h:

Quick Reply

Latest