The Student Room Group

Green Party point out how childish other parties are...

........by making a video comparing them all to children, and reminding us that the Green Party are better than everyone else and completely above political power plays.

https://www.facebook.com/thegreenparty/videos/10153450367900785/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

This is ironic coming from a party with the most naive, impractical policies of all.

And we'd probably see the exact same behaviour from the Greens if they had more than 1 MP.

It's awfully patronising, though, that they barely even mention their own policies and instead ridicule the political system in the most childish way possible. They definitely know how to appeal to their audience.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanL_
........by making a video comparing them all to children, and reminding us that the Green Party are better than everyone else and completely above political power plays.

https://www.facebook.com/thegreenparty/videos/10153450367900785/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

This is ironic coming from a party with the most naive, impractical policies of all.

And we'd probably see the exact same behaviour from the Greens if they had more than 1 MP.

It's awfully patronising, though, that they barely even mention their own policies and instead ridicule the political system in the most childish way possible. They definitely know how to appeal to their audience.

Well, the reason they're deflecting everything to other Parties is because as you say, they don't have good enough policies to fill the video with... If they did, then telling us why they should be in Government would be a much better use of their time... Let's be honest, they're absolutely ridiculous, and are in a strop because no one thinks they should be in power. Simples :smile:
This is the party which desperately wants the voting age lowered to 16, because only childish people vote for them.
The Green Party calling people childlike. You couldn't make it up.

Literally last night I made a ranty post about the green party. Just look at their manifesto, and you will see the utter stupidity of their policies.
Original post by KingBradly
This is the party which desperately wants the voting age lowered to 16, because only childish people vote for them.

I doubt 16 year olds will vote for green party cos i doubt many give a sh*t about the environment.
Jeremy Corbyn >>>>> anyone from the green party
Original post by Youngmetro
I doubt 16 year olds will vote for green party cos i doubt many give a sh*t about the environment.

Well... Then i think you're wrong. The green party must have the youngest voter base of any party.
Well... Then i think you're wrong. The green party must have the youngest voter base of any party.

But why? I'm 16 and i doubt anyone really cares about the environment. If any party has a young voter base then it would be Conservative since they have their own 'youth wing' movement or something like that.
But why? I'm 16 and i doubt anyone really cares about the environment. If any party has a young voter base then it would be Conservative since they have their own 'youth wing' movement or something like that.

Most parties have youth sections. The Lib Dems have Liberal Youth, UKIP has Hitler Youth etc.

As for 16 year olds voting Greens, their ridiculous, naive economic policies are something I'd have supported at 16.

I think you're just looking for excuses to bash them. I thought it was a good video but if you're bashing it for a lack of substance, I'd like to ask which party's broadcast you think is actually better? I don't think I've ever seen a party broadcast that doesn't present itself as a sickly, completely staged attempt to suck up to voters with alarmingly high buzzword concentrations so at least they've done something original here. Looking at the Tories' last party broadcast, we've got cutesy video clips of bouncing babies and a concerned father telling us how voting Tory is the only way his poor little children are going to have a future. Yuck.

What exactly is wrong with what they're saying? I think their complaints about the political system are entirely valid.
(edited 8 years ago)

The Greens aren't just environmentalists. They also want completely open borders and to print lots and lots of money. Essentially, they have about as much of grasp of how the world works as a child, and that is why only children want to vote for them.
Original post by Plagioclase
I think you're just looking for excuses to bash them. I thought it was a good video but if you're bashing it for a lack of substance, I'd like to ask which party's broadcast you think is actually better? I don't think I've ever seen a party broadcast that doesn't present itself as a sickly, completely staged attempt to suck up to voters with alarmingly high buzzword concentrations so at least they've done something original here.

What exactly is wrong with what they're saying? I think their complaints about the political system are entirely valid.

The difference is that the Greens are pretending to be above all that when they really aren't.
The difference is that the Greens are pretending to be above all that when they really aren't.

And your justification for that is...
And your justification for that is...

The above video?
The above video?

And why? It's a funny, tongue-in-cheek video that makes a perfectly valid point. It's not pretending to be anything else.
Most parties have youth sections. The Lib Dems have Liberal Youth, UKIP has Hitler Youth etc.

As for 16 year olds voting Greens, their ridiculous, naive economic policies are something I'd have supported at 16.

The Greens aren't just environmentalists. They also want completely open borders and to print lots and lots of money. Essentially, they have about as much of grasp of how the world works as a child, and that is why only children want to vote for them.

'Hitler youth' loooool

Alright I can see what you guys are saying, their policies all seem ludicrous apart from their view on the NHS and housing. I think what's also appealing is how they look very long term too, so in a way you can argue that they would be more beneficial to those under 30 when in power.

Indeed. The one time they actually got into power somewhere (Brighton Council), they ****ed up so badly that the rubbish started piling up in the streets like some communist backwater and they were prompty turfed out of power.

I've always found the tendency of third parties to attack the majors in this way (that they're two children fighting) is so pathetic, it shows such a lack of respect for the voting public and assumes they can only view politics through the simplest household metaphors.

The Greens have absolutely no chance while Corbyn is in power. They should be focusing on bringing him down if they are ever to regain any momentum. Just as the SNP has always attacked Labour rather than the Tories, because they know they don't win any votes from the Tories.

Before the last election I remember talking to left voters about how loony the Greens policies were. It seems so long ago.

Now my party is run by a hard left nutter :frown:
And why? It's a funny, tongue-in-cheek video that makes a perfectly valid point. It's not pretending to be anything else.

I'm struggling to believe that all this is genuinely going over your head......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending