The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
I don't think anyone finds exams fun except those who get paid to do them, which sounds like a chore. And aw you guys were lucky, I wish we broke up earlier. I have an essay due in next week and I haven't done much to it and we are supposed to rewrite this essay from a B to an A. No chance.

Haha I used to like them as I found them more bearable than class work (when I used to be reasonably intelligent) :lol: I know what you mean though. And in some ways yes, although I wish I hadn't wasted so much time! Oh well cant change that now :tongue: Aww no! That sounds hard :/ Hmm however I have to pull up an E to a B in chem so am very worried!!
Original post by Amellia123
Haha I used to like them as I found them more bearable than class work (when I used to be reasonably intelligent) :lol: I know what you mean though. And in some ways yes, although I wish I hadn't wasted so much time! Oh well cant change that now :tongue: Aww no! That sounds hard :/ Hmm however I have to pull up an E to a B in chem so am very worried!!

I loved coursework but that in itself is very boring and takes too long. And yeah it sounds hard, I'm a lazy person sometimes but I can achieve decent grades if I work hard. And wow good luck, that is a massive jump. What do you use to revise?
I loved coursework but that in itself is very boring and takes too long. And yeah it sounds hard, I'm a lazy person sometimes but I can achieve decent grades if I work hard. And wow good luck, that is a massive jump. What do you use to revise?

I liked it at GCSE, but Alevel coursework is the absolute worst. Same actually, I can just never be bothered!! And thanks - you too!! I use chem guide, alevelchem and another textbook I bought off ebay for £5 - its so easy to understand!!
I liked it at GCSE, but Alevel coursework is the absolute worst. Same actually, I can just never be bothered!! And thanks - you too!! I use chem guide, alevelchem and another textbook I bought off ebay for £5 - its so easy to understand!!

I haven't had A Level coursework yet. The only I've had is from my coursework based subject Media which is boring. But oh wow eBay, I had to buy all my books from amazon. My teacher made us buy a £25 book or she would kick us off the course lol.
I haven't had A Level coursework yet. The only I've had is from my coursework based subject Media which is boring. But oh wow eBay, I had to buy all my books from amazon. My teacher made us buy a £25 book or she would kick us off the course lol.

Ahh right I see, the worst was AS physics coursework - had to do 2 sets of 3 papers! Ikr - its probably my favourite site (after tsr of course :tongue: ) Omg really? That's quite unreasonable isn't it? :eek:
Ahh right I see, the worst was AS physics coursework - had to do 2 sets of 3 papers! Ikr - its probably my favourite site (after tsr of course :tongue: ) Omg really? That's quite unreasonable isn't it? :eek:

That sounds horrendous and yeah she threatened to kick us off. I have another teacher for that subject which is English Language and she said my other teacher must have been joking but seriously it was expensive and I hardly use that book. I'm more of an Amazon girl myself :tongue:, eBay can be more complicated.
That sounds horrendous and yeah she threatened to kick us off. I have another teacher for that subject which is English Language and she said my other teacher must have been joking but seriously it was expensive and I hardly use that book. I'm more of an Amazon girl myself :tongue:, eBay can be more complicated.

Haha it is!! And wow that seems really harsh. If you hardly use then she was wrong to bully you into buying it! Haha I do like Amazon, but you can find some stuff on eBay that has hardly been used and is so cheap!!
Haha it is!! And wow that seems really harsh. If you hardly use then she was wrong to bully you into buying it! Haha I do like Amazon, but you can find some stuff on eBay that has hardly been used and is so cheap!!

It's a piece of rubbish, the book is. And Amazon is so cool. I never realised I purchased a mouse (the one you use for your PC) accidentally using their 1 click service. It came today and I was angry because I never remembered purchasing it. I bought a mouse the other week so there was no need for two. I clicked refund and they refunded my money and I didn't need to return anything! eBay is good but I've heard that it can be dodgy...
(edited 8 years ago)
It's a piece of rubbish, the book is. And Amazon is so cool. I never realised I purchased a mouse (the one you use for your PC) accidentally using their 1 click service. It came today and I was angry because I never remembered purchasing it. I bought a mouse the other week so there was no need for two. I clicked refund and they refunded my money and I didn't need to refund anything! eBay is good but I've heard that it can be dodgy...

Hahaha oh dear - not money well spent then :lol: I like Amazon for stuff that I actually need to be new (like parts for my PC or guitar strings). Wow that's so good of them! It is annoying when you're signed in and end up buying stuff by mistake :/ eBay can be dodgy, but as long as you use PayPal its fine (and only buy from the top sellers!) :biggrin:
Im glad you dont bite, ive been bitten too many times :s-smilie:
Hahaha oh dear - not money well spent then :lol: I like Amazon for stuff that I actually need to be new (like parts for my PC or guitar strings). Wow that's so good of them! It is annoying when you're signed in and end up buying stuff by mistake :/ eBay can be dodgy, but as long as you use PayPal its fine (and only buy from the top sellers!) :biggrin:

I meant return not refund haha! Atleast I have a free mouse to use if my other one breaks. And I'm connected through PayPal on Amazon which is easy but too easy to spend money if that makes any sense. And I might try eBay again, I like it for phone cases as they do cheap ones but the ones from China take months to arrive.
I meant return not refund haha! Atleast I have a free mouse to use if my other one breaks. And I'm connected through PayPal on Amazon which is easy but too easy to spend money if that makes any sense. And I might try eBay again, I like it for phone cases as they do cheap ones but the ones from China take months to arrive.

Haha oh I see! That's good actually! When I was looking for a mouse for my laptop I randomly came across a wireless one in Tesco for £7 which was a stroke of luck. Ahh that's good - I wouldn't buy anything online without PayPal! I know what you mean - one click and its a purchase. Months?! I ordered some screen protectors from China and they came in like 4 days!
Haha oh I see! That's good actually! When I was looking for a mouse for my laptop I randomly came across a wireless one in Tesco for £7 which was a stroke of luck. Ahh that's good - I wouldn't buy anything online without PayPal! I know what you mean - one click and its a purchase. Months?! I ordered some screen protectors from China and they came in like 4 days!

Honestly it sometimes takes me months, often I forget I've ordered from eBay because it's that bad. And I hate wireless mouses sometimes, they need to be of a good brand before I can purchase them. Thing is with PayPal, it's automatic recurring payments unless you switch it off so I get billed sometimes when I've forgotten what I've set up monthly!
Honestly it sometimes takes me months, often I forget I've ordered from eBay because it's that bad. And I hate wireless mouses sometimes, they need to be of a good brand before I can purchase them. Thing is with PayPal, it's automatic recurring payments unless you switch it off so I get billed sometimes when I've forgotten what I've set up monthly!

Really? I'm sorry to hear that - must be so annoying :/ The one I have is quite good, its a Logitech (so kind of has to be good :lol:) - the laser ones are so much better than the Bluetooth ones too. Yeah I know what you mean, luckily I don't think I buy anything monthly on it!
Really? I'm sorry to hear that - must be so annoying :/ The one I have is quite good, its a Logitech (so kind of has to be good :lol:) - the laser ones are so much better than the Bluetooth ones too. Yeah I know what you mean, luckily I don't think I buy anything monthly on it!

Haha maybe the Chinese don't like me :tongue: and aw I remember getting a stupid Texet one, maybe that's what let me down in terms of wireless mouses. I'm really nerdy though, I love my laptop too much, it's my best friend haha.
Haha maybe the Chinese don't like me :tongue: and aw I remember getting a stupid Texet one, maybe that's what let me down in terms of wireless mouses. I'm really nerdy though, I love my laptop too much, it's my best friend haha.

Haha hmm :tongue: could be possible :lol: Aww no theyre the worst!! Same actually - I'm a bit of a tech nerd... my old PC was like my soul mate (I did kind of build it though) :lol: Nothing wrong with that!
Haha hmm :tongue: could be possible :lol: Aww no theyre the worst!! Same actually - I'm a bit of a tech nerd... my old PC was like my soul mate (I did kind of build it though) :lol: Nothing wrong with that!

My mum says its sad, but honestly I mean where would we be without technology and wow you built it yourself! How did you do that? I've always wanted to but have no idea where to start.
Original post by ikhan94
Im glad you dont bite, ive been bitten too many times :s-smilie:

Aww I'm sorry to hear that.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
Original post by AxSirlotl
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

But we have now.

Quick Reply

Latest