The Student Room Group

Anyone here VAPE!!!!!!!!! I need help gathering secondary research on it XD?

This is basically secondary research that I am conducting here for my coursework and I need to know if anyone vapes you will be very useful XD...
Anyway I am making a short like 3 minute documentary on whether or not vaping is healthy? Any experts on the topic help me ASAP PLEASE

Scroll to see replies

Hey DUDE! I am a vapist, I took a hit of the ol' VAPE last weekend and I was on cloud 9, I woke up feeling like I was on the moon.

Look at the hit on the vape.
Vaping isn't healthy, it is just not as bad as conventional smoking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Through all my years of heavy and excessively fun drug use, I never vaped.

I can tell you a lot about the ways of the bucket though.
Original post by DiddyDec
Vaping isn't healthy, it is just not as bad as conventional smoking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Long and short of it is as above - the public health figure is 95% safer than conventional smoking, but being safer than smoking doesn't necessarily mean healthy.

In terms of health risks, the biggest one is that (at present) the market is entirely unregulated - meaning that the liquids available are generally unknown in terms of content of toxic chemicals, the main one about at the moment is diacetyl/acetopropionyl - two chemically similar diketones linked with respiratory problems, specifically bronchitis obliterans (aka popcorn lung); when inhaled at industrial levels over a long period of times it has been shown to cause severe lung damage - the question is simply what the safe levels are.
Reply 6
Original post by Dinasaurus
Hey DUDE! I am a vapist, I took a hit of the ol' VAPE last weekend and I was on cloud 9, I woke up feeling like I was on the moon.

Look at the hit on the vape.

Lol Are you talking about the one that was at the excel center?
Reply 7
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Long and short of it is as above - the public health figure is 95% safer than conventional smoking, but being safer than smoking doesn't necessarily mean healthy.

In terms of health risks, the biggest one is that (at present) the market is entirely unregulated - meaning that the liquids available are generally unknown in terms of content of toxic chemicals, the main one about at the moment is diacetyl/acetopropionyl - two chemically similar diketones linked with respiratory problems, specifically bronchitis obliterans (aka popcorn lung); when inhaled at industrial levels over a long period of times it has been shown to cause severe lung damage - the question is simply what the safe levels are.

em this is a btec course and I'm at the first year of sixth form long story short I didn't understand any of this thanks for the information though :/
Original post by mahmoud786
em this is a btec course and I'm at the first year of sixth form long story short I didn't understand any of this thanks for the information though :/

It's not difficult to understand at all?
Reply 9
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's not difficult to understand at all?

How old are you?

You should probably drop out then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by DiddyDec
You should probably drop out then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahaha loooool I've always wanted to but. just foget it man anywayyyyy can you help

You're in a bit of a pickle then - what I've told you is the basic state of the industry from a health perspective (there's a bit more to it in terms of chemicals with toxicological profiles, but contractually I can only really speak about the stuff in public domain for now)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Vape nation,bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahahaha loooool I've always wanted to but. just foget it man anywayyyyy can you help

I already have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're in a bit of a pickle then - what I've told you is the basic state of the industry from a health perspective (there's a bit more to it in terms of chemicals with toxicological profiles, but contractually I can only really speak about the stuff in public domain for now)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't you say a while back that the risk of popcorn lung is much lower than smoking cigarettes anyway, or that the content of chemicals linked with it that are in eliquids is far lower? Can't remember what it was exactly.
Didn't you say a while back that the risk of popcorn lung is much lower than smoking cigarettes anyway, or that the content of chemicals linked with it that are in eliquids is far lower? Can't remember what it was exactly.

They're typically there in lower concentrations than in conventional cigarettes since they're from the flavouring concentrates being used (so are already reasonably dilute), so you could say the risk is lower than in conventional cigarettes, the problem is that cigarettes cause so many different respiratory problems that it's not really possible to say that lower levels than in cigarettes are safe.
Reply 17

I'm on my way to failing this coursework :frown:
Please explain it as if you are talking to someone that is 12
They're typically there in lower concentrations than in conventional cigarettes since they're from the flavouring concentrates being used (so are already reasonably dilute), so you could say the risk is lower than in conventional cigarettes, the problem is that cigarettes cause so many different respiratory problems that it's not really possible to say that lower levels than in cigarettes are safe.

Cheers pal.

I'm on my way to failing this coursework :frown:
Please explain it as if you are talking to someone that is 12

There are sum bad tings in eliquids but man don't know what the safe level is yet, you get me?
Reply 19
Cheers pal.

There are sum bad tings in eliquids but man don't know what the safe level is yet, you get me?

Yeahhhh safeee

Quick Reply