The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Update 07/04/2016

It's almost time to go back to school again!
On Tuesday:
- I went shopping for most of the day...
- In the evening I did some more revision on quotes for my wider reading. I now know around 27 wider reading texts/quotes

On Wednesday:
- I spent around 3 hours making notes on Russia for my resit. I still need to write the essays though, which I've been putting off all Easter...

Today:
- I went back to my coursework and edited my English Language Investigation, and my History Personal Study
- I also went swimming because exercise is important!

Apps and Stuff
Snapchat-2928461307381679072.jpg

I use quite a few apps in my revision so I thought I'd share them!

Quizlet: This one is an incredibly important app for me. I have flashcards for every subject on there, and you can test yourself on them and the app remembers which ones you've missed and tests you on those ones more until you don't get it wrong any more. There's also functions to make classes and share flash card sets with friends, as well as competing with your friends! I use this app with a notebook too, and write all of my answers down, and add the things I forgot in purple (as above) so I have a paper record.

Forest: This app is great for if you procrastinate on your phone when you should be revising! You can set a timer for the amount of time you want to stay focused for, and then the app grows a tree during that time. If you close the app/open any other app, the tree DIES, and it's really depressing. It also allows you to record what you were studying for each tree you grew and creates a little forest with them in.

Plant Nanny: While this one isn't technically revision based, drinking water is vital to effective revision. This app lets you grow plants, and as you drink water, you water the plants. They grow and if you don't drink enough water, they die, which again is pretty depressing. It also calculates aprox how much water you should be drinking daily.

Do you use any revision apps?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gingerbread101

Forest:
Plant Nanny:

These two are the best thing ever! How did I not know about this? :rofl:
Thanks so much, I am going to study Law and I am choosing what to do for A levels

I am going to do
Law
Classical civ
English Lit
Government and politics OR Economics.

does this seem good for law?
Original post by Zacken
These two are the best thing ever! How did I not know about this? :rofl:

It definitely appeals to my sense of 'don't let the cute thing die!!!!!!' :lol:
Update 07/04/2016

It's almost time to go back to school again! On Tuesday:- I went shopping for most of the day...- In the evening I did some more revision on quotes for my wider reading. I now know around 27 wider reading texts/quotesOn Wednesday:- I spent around 3 hours making notes on Russia for my resit. I still need to write the essays though, which I've been putting off all Easter...Today:- I went back to my coursework and edited my English Language Investigation, and my History Personal Study- I also went swimming because exercise is important!

Apps and Stuff
Snapchat-2928461307381679072.jpg

I use quite a few apps in my revision so I thought I'd share them!

Quizlet: This one is an incredibly important app for me. I have flashcards for every subject on there, and you can test yourself on them and the app remembers which ones you've missed and tests you on those ones more until you don't get it wrong any more. There's also functions to make classes and share flash card sets with friends, as well as competing with your friends! I use this app with a notebook too, and write all of my answers down, and add the things I forgot in purple (as above) so I have a paper record.

Forest: This app is great for if you procrastinate on your phone when you should be revising! You can set a timer for the amount of time you want to stay focused for, and then the app grows a tree during that time. If you close the app/open any other app, the tree DIES, and it's really depressing. It also allows you to record what you were studying for each tree you grew and creates a little forest with them in.

Plant Nanny: While this one isn't technically revision based, drinking water is vital to effective revision. This app lets you grow plants, and as you drink water, you water the plants. They grow and if you don't drink enough water, they die, which again is pretty depressing. It also calculates aprox how much water you should be drinking daily.

Do you use any revision apps?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Hey @ombtom it's forest!

I like Forest and quizlet :yep:
Original post by AperfectBalance
Thanks so much, I am going to study Law and I am choosing what to do for A levels

I am going to do
Law
Classical civ
English Lit
Government and politics OR Economics.

does this seem good for law?

That sounds like a good mix :smile: unless you really want to take Law at A Level, unis say that it doesn't really benefit people because it's so simple and will just be covered again at university :dontknow: I'd maybe take Eco over Gov/Pol because it shows a wider range of skills, while you can show an interest in politics through your personal statement
Original post by Student403
Hey @ombtom it's forest!

I like Forest and quizlet :yep:

Quizlet is honestly a life saver :adore:

Hahahaha, yeah. :rofl:
Original post by Zacken
Hahahaha, yeah. :rofl:

If you try and end the timer on Forest it says something along the lines of "are you SURE you want to kill this cute little tree?" :giggle:
If you try and end the timer on Forest it says something along the lines of "are you SURE you want to kill this cute little tree?" :giggle:

Cue inner Gingerbread spasming out. How do you deal with actually ending the timer when revision time is over, though? :cry:
Original post by Zacken
Cue inner Gingerbread spasming out. How do you deal with actually ending the timer when revision time is over, though? :cry:

I always set the timer to half an hour, so after 30 mins of revision the tree is fully grown and the timer ends itself without you needing to kill the tree :yes:
I always set the timer to half an hour, so after 30 mins of revision the tree is fully grown and the timer ends itself without you needing to kill the tree :yes:

The day is saved. Life is good again. :lol:
Quizlet is honestly a life saver :adore:

I am the champion of the matching game :teehee:
Original post by Student403
I am the champion of the matching game :teehee:

The night before our English Language mock, my whole class was on there and one of them got really addicted to it and sent a screenshot to our group chat at like 2am of their high score :rofl:
The night before our English Language mock, my whole class was on there and one of them got really addicted to it and sent a screenshot to our group chat at like 2am of their high score :rofl:

Better than my friends roping me into playing Minecraft 5 hours before our business GCSE exam :facepalm:
Original post by Zacken
Better than my friends roping me into playing Minecraft 5 hours before our business GCSE exam :facepalm:

Oh wow :lol:

Ok that is dedication

Original post by Zacken

Tbh Minecraft > BS
Your revision seems to be going really well, well done! :u:Funnily enough, I actually use to use Plant Nanny to ensure that I drank enough water when I revised. I tend not to use it anymore as I'm able to drink enough daily without it now :tongue: The only other app I us is 'show my homework.' It's an app where our teachers put up our homework, as well as any notices such as 'revise for this test' etc. I have a 'to do' list on it, and I can check off all my work when it's done. It's really quite useful:^_^:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Your revision seems to be going really well, well done! :u:Funnily enough, I actually use to use Plant Nanny to ensure that I drank enough water when I revised. I tend not to use it anymore as I'm able to drink enough daily without it now :tongue: The only other app I us is 'show my homework.' It's an app where our teachers put up our homework, as well as any notices such as 'revise for this test' etc. I have a 'to do' list on it, and I can check off all my work when it's done. It's really quite useful:^_^:

I tend to never drink water, and I'm always dizzy from dehydration so it's quite a good app for me :lol: That one sounds really good, but only if the school uses it haha :tongue:

Does the tree die if you lock your phone? It seems like it'd be really useful but I don't want to have to leave my screen on for the whole time period

Quick Reply

Latest