The Student Room Group

Wales Foundation School

Hi there,

I'm a 4th year and thinking about applying to Wales Foundation School in October. I've had a look at the minimum required score to get into Wales (about 68), but is there anyone who has got into Wales this year who has been sent a spread of scores from the school? I'm wondering what sort of score would be required to get into Cardiff or Swansea.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Before selecting jobs we received an email giving us the table below:

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 00.22.20.png

Unfortunately they were unable to provide information regarding what scores are usually required for certain hospitals. All they would tell me is that hospitals along the M4 Corridor are the most popular (as to be expected). Cardiff, Newport and Swansea will all be competitive as well as the Royal Glamorgan hospital. For reference, my first choice jobs were at the Royal Glamorgan. I scored just under 76 and was allocated to my highest ranked job that was not at that Royal Glamorgan, leading me to believe that a score of 78+ is required for the popular hospitals.
Reply 2
Thanks Elwyn! Sounds tough :-/ It's so difficult to decide when they share so little knowledge... such a lottery :-(
Reply 3
Original post by daj198
Thanks Elwyn! Sounds tough :-/ It's so difficult to decide when they share so little knowledge... such a lottery :-(

Are you familiar with Wales at all? I only ask because a lot of students who study here actually opt to work at the smaller DGHs instead of the main city hospitals as they find them to be friendlier and a lot better for learning.

If at any point in the future you want any information on the hospitals in Wales please feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending