The Student Room Group

why do muslims get persecuted on this site?

Scroll to see replies

It's because some people have nothing better to do with their lives.
Ironically, the only reason people bash muslims (especially on sites like TSR) is because there are OP's like you who fish for attention/rep by obviously creating threads, regarding muslim's, which you know won't do down well. :u:
Original post by Attempt
Unless you can provide me with evidence to say otherwise, you're basing your argument on conjecture.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/24/criticism-grows-over-suns-muslim-poll

The Sun claimed that 20%, not 50% as you say, support ISIS.

This was debunked across the UK by many newspapers, so if 20% is wrong, then 50% is wronger than wrong could ever be.
Original post by Frank Underwood
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/24/criticism-grows-over-suns-muslim-poll

The Sun claimed that 20%, not 50% as you say, support ISIS.

This was debunked across the UK by many newspapers, so if 20% is wrong, then 50% is wronger than wrong could ever be.

This isn't debunking, this is just a reaction to the news.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah but I think Chrisitans are being persecuted more on tsr. Whenever I see a thread on a social issue like abortion or gay marriage or religious freedom, people criticise Christians as being bigots or idiots, yet if someone said that about Muslims, the post gets taken down instantly. I'd argue that Islam is less persecuted on tsr (and in British society) than Chrisitianity.

i always get unpleasant posts from 15 year olds studying remedial domestic science who think they are Richard Dorkins when i testify to my love of Jesus.
Original post by Attempt
This isn't debunking, this is just a reaction to the news.

do you actually think that 50% of british Muslims support ISIS? lmao
Original post by Dinasaurus
Liberals don't persecute Muslims enough.

Biatch whaaaaat? You are hereby banned from all of my threads
That's because the Muslim mods here are used to playing the victim mentality and ban anyone that tries to Insult Islam.

The Christian Mods are used to being tolerant and pleasant and would dialogue intelligently without doing anything too extreme like banning people or closing threads.

The atheist mods don't care about religion LOL.
Original post by Virgili
To whoever just told me they don't.

I was in a car with a Polish man who looked so disgusted with a girl in a hijab walking past us that I thought he was going to get out and beat her.

The Poles are a bit backward that way.'

They were still persecuting Jews after the war ended.

Their children will be alright though.
Because hating on Islam relentlessly is pointless.
Society needs a scapegoat, that's why.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Some Muslims try justifying their hatred for the West.

Maybe that's why they get bashed?

Most muslims here are very conservative
Original post by the bear
i always get unpleasant posts from 15 year olds studying remedial domestic science who think they are Richard Dorkins when i testify to my love of Jesus.

That's exactly what I get. Once I just wrote on a thread about abortion that I 'believe everyone is created in the image of God so every life is special and shouldn't be terminated' and I got so much hate from people who think they can explain everything without God.
ok so you've read the entire quran front to back?
Original post by SAhm95
ok so you've read the entire quran front to back?

When will you muslims come up with better excuses?

Do you ask this same stupid question to the Muslims who've left your cult?
Original post by Attempt
When will you muslims come up with better excuses?

Do you ask this same stupid question to the Muslims who've left your cult?

nobody asked you.
Original post by SAhm95
nobody asked you.

Answer the question, mug
Original post by Attempt
Answer the question, mug

:troll: confirmed
They generally don't, it's Islam that gets bashed, how people can't tell the difference between an ideology and the adherents baffles me.
Original post by Frank Underwood
:troll: confirmed

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest