The Student Room Group

Off Shore Companies, trusts and investments etc... would you?

If you had millions, would you setup an offshore company to protects your assets classes and monies?

Scroll to see replies

If I could avoid the law: yes.
Yes.

/thread
I have to applaud Cameron's dad for being the first man to set up a Panamanian company that doesn't have the intention of avoiding tax. Would a noble and honest man.
Damn right I would.
Reply 6
yes.
I don't mind paying FAIR taxes- and progressive tax system by definition isn't it.
Reply 8
While i deplore the notion of people paying no tax i have to say that i absolutely would do without hesitation. As much as i agree with paying some tax i see no reason why my 32% of income tax should be spent on refugees, transgender surgery, hymen replacements and to fund the lifestyles of wealthy pensioners.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
I have to applaud Cameron's dad for being the first man to set up a Panamanian company that doesn't have the intention of avoiding tax. Would a noble and honest man.

Lol this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course.
Save ~£60 filling your van with red diesel - Get a suspended sentence for tax evasion and a horrendous fine

Save £X,000,000 with offshore shell companies - Get asked nicely to step down from your job.

Seriously? Hell if anything our polliticians are supposed to lead by example so I suppose I would.
Yes.
No

I have a moral responsibility to pay tax and I will pay it.
Original post by CAElite
Save ~£60 filling your van with red diesel - Get a suspended sentence for tax evasion and a horrendous fine

Save £X,000,000 with offshore shell companies - Get asked nicely to step down from your job.

Seriously? Hell if anything our polliticians are supposed to lead by example so I suppose I would.

That's because one of those things is illegal and one is not. Saving money is not a crime, else I'd be rugby tackled by a PCSO every time I shop at Aldi.
Original post by CAElite

Care to tell me when he saved millions avoiding tax with offshore investments, or what is legal about filling with red diesel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
That's because one of those things is illegal and one is not. Saving money is not a crime, else I'd be rugby tackled by a PCSO every time I shop at Aldi.

I would say its not as simple as that.

There is a VERY fine line between tax avoidance and tax evasion which I think our current legal system is woefully unprepared to deal with.
Original post by CAElite
I would say its not as simple as that.

There is a VERY fine line between tax avoidance and tax evasion which I think our current legal system is woefully unprepared to deal with.

No, it's not so simple as to infer wrongness simply by the fact a lot of money has been saved. Any right thinking person is going to choose the course of action which saves them the most amount of money. If I go to British Gas, I am not going to pick the most expensive tariff for me; rather, I am going to pick the tariff which most suits my needs.

The internationality of this saving is no matter. In fact, the European Union guarantees your right to do this within the EU through Freedom of Establishment. There are some qualifications to this, but the principle is entirely clear.
Original post by Serine Soul
No

I have a moral responsibility to pay tax and I will pay it.

Lol sound like typical patriotcuck

Good luck up there in that tax paying ivory tower you live in lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Espada Zero
Lol sound like typical patriotcuck

Good luck up there in that tax paying ivory tower you live in lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

A what?

The state practically raised me with benefits for the poor, school and the NHS. It's my duty to give back to them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending