The Student Room Group

Maths A Level

Is it possible learn S1 and M1 in less the 40 days? I went over the book only a couple months ago but I completely forgot everything. I seriously don't remember how to do anything in M1. I do know some bits of S1 and what to do but M1 just seems like I've had a chunk of memory pulled out of my brain.
Original post by Aaliyah.97
Is it possible learn S1 and M1 in less the 40 days? I went over the book only a couple months ago but I completely forgot everything. I seriously don't remember how to do anything in M1. I do know some bits of S1 and what to do but M1 just seems like I've had a chunk of memory pulled out of my brain.

It is possible, but you should make sure you actually try to understand the content this time. If you've forgotten it all, it suggests that you just learnt the technique, but did not try to develop a thorough enough understanding of it.

They're not hard modules when you understand them, so I would suggest to make sure you go over the reasoning - and once you are confident with this move swiftly onto questions. But questions should be sources of practice and to help fill small gaps, not banks of knowledge.
Reply 2
Original post by kingaaran
It is possible, but you should make sure you actually try to understand the content this time. If you've forgotten it all, it suggests that you just learnt the technique, but did not try to develop a thorough enough understanding of it.

They're not hard modules when you understand them, so I would suggest to make sure you go over the reasoning - and once you are confident with this move swiftly onto questions. But questions should be sources of practice and to help fill small gaps, not banks of knowledge.

I will try to. I find m1 so hard. I learnt c1-c4 this year independently and they're not too hard but m1 and s1 just seem hard to get my head round it.
Reply 3
Original post by Asad_2015
i feel ya :frown: i've literally got 6 maths modules to revise and i don't have enough time cause I've doing 5 AS. Anyhow, i think it is possible. If you want to just revise then go on like exam solutions watch the videos. But most importantly isolate your weakest topic you mess up on and in the textbook do them in detail. The rest of the topic that you are most confident with just go over them. Try to do all the past papers.

Thank you I will do that. I too am doing modules for maths this year I'm doing an intensive a level maths self taught and just going on for exams. Good luck hope you do well.
I will try to. I find m1 so hard. I learnt c1-c4 this year independently and they're not too hard but m1 and s1 just seem hard to get my head round it.

Ah, perhaps try to watch a range of material. Different people explain concepts in different ways and listening to one topic being explained in a variety of ways may just provide you with the pieces to a jigsaw puzzle you can then put together.

Good luck. If you need help with any topics or questions, feel free to post on my profile or quote me. :smile:
Thank you I will do that. I too am doing modules for maths this year I'm doing an intensive a level maths self taught and just going on for exams. Good luck hope you do well.

thanks you too :smile: good luck
Reply 6

I need to learn c1, c2 and fp1 but im still working through the end of c2. And this is my first time even looking at stuff like this...
Reply 7
Original post by kingaaran
Ah, perhaps try to watch a range of material. Different people explain concepts in different ways and listening to one topic being explained in a variety of ways may just provide you with the pieces to a jigsaw puzzle you can then put together.

Good luck. If you need help with any topics or questions, feel free to post on my profile or quote me. :smile:

Thank you means a lot
Original post by Sstar123
I need to learn c1, c2 and fp1 but im still working through the end of c2. And this is my first time even looking at stuff like this...

omg same looool
Yes I taught myself both M1 and S1 in a week.
Reply 10

Do each past paper 3 times and u'll be fine...u'll learn as u do the past paper....only way u can revise for Maths imo
Reply 11
Original post by AlmostNotable
Yes I taught myself both M1 and S1 in a week.

Omg how on earth did you do that. Must be a mathmattion...
Reply 12
Original post by Asad_2015
thanks you too :smile: good luck

Welcome and thanks
Reply 13
Original post by L_O48
Do each past paper 3 times and u'll be fine...u'll learn as u do the past paper....only way u can revise for Maths imo

I'll do exactly that. Thanks
Reply 14
Original post by Sstar123

It was my first time but I need to get it done

Quick Reply

Latest