The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Cameron being exposed as more of a spineless, trust fund, animal ****ing, phone tapping blindsider, poor-hating **** every day. Can't wait for him to lose the Brexit campaign, then his party, then resign when it turns out he hosts blind midget orgies at no.10.

And yeah, he attacked Jimmy Carr over his taxes even though he was using a loophole as opposed to breaking the law.

Wish ISIS would blow him up tbh

Strong
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Strong

It's only a matter of time before they attack - would prefer they took out a man who's an even bigger knobhead than Piers Morgan while they did it.
FIFA is sick tbh.
What is it with people not understanding the concept of spoilers?

When I say no spoilers, I don't mean just giving away the plot - I don't want you to make any reference to what's going to happen even if it's to say "it's so brutal" or "it's such a suprise". You're altering my viewing experience for when I do watch it.

:colonhash:
Watching a live police chase in America atm. Guy was doing doughnuts on Hollywood Boulevard

http://ktla.com/2016/04/07/chp-pursuing-driver-from-san-gabriel-valley-toward-south-l-a/
Porto have sold Jackson Martinez, Danilo, Bosingwa, Anderson, Postiga, Mangala, Quaresma and Aly Sisohko for a little over £156M. Staggering statistic
Cameron being exposed as more of a spineless, trust fund, animal ****ing, phone tapping blindsider, poor-hating **** every day. Can't wait for him to lose the Brexit campaign, then his party, then resign when it turns out he hosts blind midget orgies at no.10.

And yeah, he attacked Jimmy Carr over his taxes even though he was using a loophole as opposed to breaking the law.

Wish ISIS would blow him up tbh
Why would you want him to lose Brexit and cause us all misery over the next 50 years just because he's a prick?

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
but but but :frown:

thinking of getting below, but the soundwave being from a clip of something significant i.e famous speech, my first words, lucas monologue, mufasas death music etc. you know, somethin deep.

Spoiler

Unbelievably basic, don't
Original post by leinad2012
I worked at a supermarket from summer after year 11 and throughout sixth form. Pay was ok (£6.70 an hour in 2012 so not dreadful), but after a couple of months I was bored as **** and dreaded every shift. I just checked every other day online for vacancies. The process is much longer though, at mine there was an online application form that took 4 or 5 hours to do, then an interview then a tour of the shop before being offered the job. Quite a lot of effort tbh compared to seasonal work outside which I preferred. But there's the advantage that you can often be transferred to another store once you go to uni so there's that to consider too

Retail is all about who you work with, as the actual job is so monotonous and boring you could train a chimp to do it. If you work with good people who you can talk to and have a laugh with then its fine, plus all the managers are usually your age too so they're very lenient. You could go out back and check your phone, mess around in the stock rooms, take the odd break when you shouldn't, turn up hungover etc. When I was department supervisor i'd let the people I was friends with do whatever basically. It was a nice, relaxed environment to work in.

Compare that to my other retail job in John Lewis which mostly consisted of standing behind the till, either on your own or with people a lot older than you who you had nothing in common with. It was ****ing awful and I got out of there as soon as I could.
Original post by AR_95
Samoan tattoos look sick otherwise you risk looking like a neo nazi/50 cent

Posted from TSR Mobile

That isn't a negative

Original post by Parties in LA
Why would you want him to lose Brexit and cause us all misery over the next 50 years just because he's a prick?

Unbelievably basic, don't

Whilst I'm in for Europe, saying we'd suffer for 50 years by leaving is EU is ****ing tragic in terms of exaggeration

GG falling for the fearmongering. Any financial downsides of leaving the EU in the short-term are not going to destabilize a country with a GDP like Britain in the long-term - it's too important a market for countries to stop selling their products here just because we're not in the EU. The Government can negotiate better trade deals for us, in fact all the decisions we are burdened with (outside the scummy Tory 'policies') are no longer made by people who don't give a **** about the UK.

The pro's outweigh the cons.
That isn't a negative

But it looks better on him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly have little problem with tax avoidance.. (tax evasion of course should rightly be a crime)

But tax avoidance just seems like something everyone does.. my self employed relitives are always looking to pay as little as possible, my friends with their tax free savings accounts trying to pay less.. even me, working in china I pay as little tax as possible.

Serriously think there are very few people who say 'you know what.. I should pay more tax...'

Most people would pay as little they possibly could.. its just that most people do not have that many legal ways of avoiding paying a lot.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Honestly have little problem with tax avoidance.. (tax evasion of course should rightly be a crime)

But tax avoidance just seems like something everyone does.. my self employed relitives are always looking to pay as little as possible, my friends with their tax free savings accounts trying to pay less.. even me, working in china I pay as little tax as possible.

Serriously think there are very few people who say 'you know what.. I should pay more tax...'

Most people would pay as little they possibly could.. its just that most people do not have that many legal ways of avoiding paying a lot.

I think it's the last point which stings for most people - why are there loopholes for the rich to exploit while the middle class have to bear the brunt of the taxing?
Original post by Zerforax
I think it's the last point which stings for most people - why are there loopholes for the rich to exploit while the middle class have to bear the brunt of the taxing?

True it is a frustrating problem, but one I cant think of a simple answer for... the majority of both of both of our main parties have wealth, wealthy connections, and rely on business/wealth to continue having influence and it is in their self interest to tread the line between the public's anger, and the large corporation's convenience.

Very little we can do about it bar from voting in a government with no ties to wealth.. but then that would not work, as any government with no ties to wealth will quickly amass them at around the same rate they amass influence.
Original post by fallen_acorns
True it is a frustrating problem, but one I cant think of a simple answer for... the majority of both of both of our main parties have wealth, wealthy connections, and rely on business/wealth to continue having influence and it is in their self interest to tread the line between the public's anger, and the large corporation's convenience.

Very little we can do about it bar from voting in a government with no ties to wealth.. but then that would not work, as any government with no ties to wealth will quickly amass them at around the same rate they amass influence.

Tbh a lot of it boils down to - if you have a lot of money, you have flexibility. Impossible to have rules, laws, regulation to cover different aspects which can't be abused in some way or another. You get a bunch of clever lawyers, bankers and accountants who spend all their time thinking of clever ways to get around rules to benefit their clients.
I just find the two faced nature of politicians deplorable especially Tories. Every single one of them in Parliament votes for cuts in disability allowance every week, then turns around and expects the people they are campaigning for in their local area to vote for them.

Tories were openly laughing and mocking Corbyn when he read letters from the general public in his first Prime Ministers questions. Makes me wonder how anyone can vote for them when they blatantly don't give a **** about the people they are supposed to represent.
Got a hunch that Jam doesn't like the conservatives
GG falling for the fearmongering. Any financial downsides of leaving the EU in the short-term are not going to destabilize a country with a GDP like Britain in the long-term - it's too important a market for countries to stop selling their products here just because we're not in the EU. The Government can negotiate better trade deals for us, in fact all the decisions we are burdened with (outside the scummy Tory 'policies':wink: are no longer made by people who don't give a **** about the UK.

The pro's outweigh the cons.

If we left the EU the UK would be a less attractive market long and short term. The current value of our GDP incorporates the economic benefits the EU brings us, the value will go down if we lose those benefits.

If we leave the EU because we lose free movement of goods. Once a non EU produced commodity enters a EU nation, it can move freely within the EU from then on. Inter trading within the EU via the UK becomes alot less viable and unattractive to non EU nations because of the inevitable tariff on goods going from the UK to the EU that will occur if we leave.

Who knows how many existing trade deals will have to be renegotiated if we leave. There no chance of a free trade deal with the EU, you can't cherry pick the best features of the internal market whilst disregarding others. Read somewhere that nearly 50% of UK exports are brought by EU members

Also leaving the EU will create a political divide with Scotland. The Scots would have the right to demand another referendum on their independence and they would most likely leave the Union if the UK left the EU.
I just find the two faced nature of politicians deplorable especially Tories. Every single one of them in Parliament votes for cuts in disability allowance every week, then turns around and expects the people they are campaigning for in their local area to vote for them.

Tories were openly laughing and mocking Corbyn when he read letters from the general public in his first Prime Ministers questions. Makes me wonder how anyone can vote for them when they blatantly don't give a **** about the people they are supposed to represent.

I think there is a problem with this..

You first imply that they dont support the people most in need (poor, disabled, minority, working class, even lower middle class etc)

And then question why anyone can vote for them when they dont care about the people..

The problem with this is, that there are a lot of people in this country that are not disabled/working class/minority etc. We have a huge affluent middle and upper middle class, as well as a very well off retired population, and an aristocracy even..

The issue for you is not that the conservatives dont support the people.. its that they dont support people like you. There are many who feel strongly that the conservatives have their best interest at heart, and rightly so, as if you are an upper middleclass land owner from the home counties with a couple of kids in private school and a decent pension, then yes, the torries do speak for you.

Now I am not saying this makes them good at all.. as arguably they speak for people who dont really need any help.. but it does prove a point that the claim 'the torries do not speak for the people' - is just a bit short sighted.

Latest