The Student Room Group

How hard to get into Law at these unis?

Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by maoism123
Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Exeter

Depends what you mean by hard, but in general: Warwick and Bristol are achievable with good as grades and a good personal statement. The rest there is much more competition per place.

LSE you will need excellent AS results, a very good personal statement - then a bit of luck as they don't do an admissions test and its hard to differentiate candidates.

UCL you will need very good AS results, a good personal statement and a good LNAT to have a chance. They do put a lot of emphasis on the lnat essay, so even if your as results arent the best you can still salvage an offer.

Cambridge, as you'd expect is difficult, then there's the interview to get through. I got rejected from cambridge for law for what I assume was interview performance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by guest115
Depends what you mean by hard, but in general: Warwick and Bristol are achievable with good as grades and a good personal statement. The rest there is much more competition per place.

LSE you will need excellent AS results, a very good personal statement - then a bit of luck as they don't do an admissions test and its hard to differentiate candidates.

UCL you will need very good AS results, a good personal statement and a good LNAT to have a chance. They do put a lot of emphasis on the lnat essay, so even if your as results arent the best you can still salvage an offer.

Cambridge, as you'd expect is difficult, then there's the interview to get through. I got rejected from cambridge for law for what I assume was interview performance.

You missed out Exeter...which I would say is easier (not easy) to get into compared to Warwick and Bristol. And you need to do the LNAT for Bristol.
Reply 3
Original post by InadequateJusticex
You missed out Exeter...which I would say is easier (not easy) to get into compared to Warwick and Bristol. And you need to do the LNAT for Bristol.

Oh sorry about exeter. Yeah I know, but its not nearly competitive as the other few so your lnat score is less significant.

Which unis did you apply for and got offers from?
Reply 5
Which unis did you apply for and got offers from?

Rejected by cambridge, offers from lse, ucl, durham and york.

Fair enough! Could you give me some tips for application and what are you predicted, or have you already got your grades? Also, what did you get at GCSE?
Reply 7
Fair enough! Could you give me some tips for application and what are you predicted, or have you already got your grades? Also, what did you get at GCSE?

Sure, I'll message you
Sure, I'll message you

Brilliant thank you!

is lse a similar level to cambridge?
Original post by jamessmith15

In terms of competitiveness there are more applicants per place at LSE, but no interview or admissions test. So it is hard to compare and make a case for either as being more difficult to get into, though I would probably say cambridge have a larger pool of very capable candidates.

On LSE, they actually do do an admissions test! You're invited to sit for it if the admissions team thinks you're qualifications are odd or if there's the slightest bit of doubt in your application.

Nah, it'll forever be Oxbridge > LSE/UCL > Rest
Reply 13
Original post by Confusedschubert

UCL is not as competitive as LSE. KCL and UCL are more comparable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
You better kill the LNAT is f you want UCL. Don't just prepare strategically, but schedule strategically as well. I took it after travelling (Tokyo-Beijing-London and back I think) then got zero sleep the night of - big mistake. Be smart, prepare, eat well, exercise, amd relax.

Exeter can't be hard if they let me in :smile:
On LSE, they actually do do an admissions test! You're invited to sit for it if the admissions team thinks you're qualifications are odd or if there's the slightest bit of doubt in your application.

Not if they're in doubt about your application, but you are right about a test if they are not familiar with your qualifications.
Not if they're in doubt about your application, but you are right about a test if they are not familiar with your qualifications.

Was that really the case? I had quite a few friends who had to sit for the test and they did A levels!
Was that really the case? I had quite a few friends who had to sit for the test and they did A levels!

Oh fair enough then, I had no idea that was never mentioned on any open day or email from them, my mistake.

forgetting imperial
forgetting imperial

For law? OK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending