The Student Room Group

why do muslims get persecuted on this site?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Attempt
All your jibba jabba yet you haven't answered my question Hahaha.

Desperation here is too cringe.

Jesus christ, you've posted on this thread for the last 4 hours wtaf, dont you have a life
Original post by Youngmetro
Jesus christ, you've posted on this thread for the last 4 hours wtaf, dont you have a life

I wasn't the who in their own words.

"Made it my goal to get an intelligent girl on TSR"
Original post by Attempt

"Made it my goal to get an intelligent girl on TSR"

Yes, TSR is breeding ground for fit intelligent gyal
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Biatch whaaaaat? You are hereby banned from all of my threads

It's true, liberals (I am a liberal) will preach acceptance of gay rights, feminism etc. Yet they will promote a religion that goes against those things.
Reply 144
Original post by Hydeman
That's one generalisation that a lot of Muslims won't take exception with. 'Cause generalisations are okay, as long as they're favourable. :wink:

:colonhash: Mr Hydeman :colonhash:
Original post by Trapz99
Lol there isn't much islamophobia on tsr. If you see any, report it, don't complain about it.

then a fear of christians would be, christianphobia? haha why islamophobia? as if islam is a no-go for people to want to criticise it. just saying, my two cents here, but how do you expect people to love and embrace "muslims" when people get banned, called names just for disagreeing with what islam has or can do to the west? hey, i don't like religion...but even comedians jokingly say that you can't joke about islam or else xD correct me if i am wrong but that is how i see it.

p.s. have not read the thread entirely but hey, the west has tried to move on and it does appear that islam is kinda taking europe back into the dark ages...just saying and not hating. If i were hating, i would not be neutral, right? i think perhaps mulsims get a lot of flak is because in the west, we see that islam is more or less oppressive to women...just search the debates that hitchens has had or some such.

about those polish people that were mentioned, i think it is again, because islam does not fit the west. yeah sure people love mentioning the cursade or what not, but that is history. gosh i really wish people would leave their creeds and religions aside and actually call it as it is. sure the majority of muslims are moderate, nice and so on...but it does not help that there are people that don't represent your group so well. again, this can be with anything but all i am saying is try to understand where the westerners are coming from. europe is our home and seeing the hajib wearing ninjas, i kid but you get me, is alien if not seen as oppressive.

just accept the way things are. christ, you think that eastern europeans had it any better in england at some point? just don't get offended or what have you. try to understand that islam really, has no place in the west...it is just for those that come from the middle east or those that are mulsim countries. now, as one guy said, it is not muslims that we have a problem with...it is the fact that people follow islam to the point of...well, silliness shall we say xD be a muslim, be a jew, be whatever, but i think one thing also is that westerners are bit pushed in trying to constantly accommodate muslims. now i might be speaking wrongly, but i am just putting it out there. the west is trying it's best to be nice to you guys so i do hope a few bad apples here and there don't make you think that you are somehow victimised.

all i can say is, live life in harmony and hopefully see that religion has no place in an information age dominated by science. but hey, each to their own, right? personally i would like to think i am a deist but then again, it is better to believe in something measurable than inaccuracies that when confronted by reasonable people, you will feel more than red faced. also, just try to be open minded. i think that the west, especially the UK, has done quite a lot for muslims. So please, try not to think that everyone is out there to get muslims...in fact those people are just trying to be careful and have beliefs, no matter how exaggerated they may be, like you.

religion is the only thing that is keeping mankind behind the technological and spiritual development...but hey, what do i know? i am just some guy that is trying to give a reasonable response. have a good one ^^
hey there was finally someone that did not give into the whole islamophobia malarky xD if muslims would adapt and be more normal with their attire like umm idk sikhs and hindus and what not, then we would not mind so much, right? xD i totally agree that it is tribal but you cannot deny what is happening because of said religion. to be honest, i cannot see how religion, especially as violent as islam (religion peace...then how come there are no revisions of it like the king james bible or the new testament?) it blows my mind. we are slowly losing our rights, getting screwed by the system and we are still arguing about religion xD sheesh, this is 3rd grade type of thing. to be more frank, every religion is hated equally buut, islam makes it a point that all we hear is how they are victimised, making the west feel sorry and so forth. now, if islam was humble and went about its way, then no one would be so enraged with tribal emotions. i mean, do we get angry at buddhists? no, they live life, assimilate and don't expect special treatment.

for the poster to ask such a silly question already makes me think that this is a bit suspect. how are muslims persecuted when all you have to do is label someone racist or a phobe, and then ban him? just saying. that is what you get for living in a free world. either you get attacked for your beliefs and you don't change or you change and the host likes you all the same.

i am just saying that religion is stupid, something that was plagiarised; ffs, the bible came from egyptian mythology describing the weather and astronomical stuff. you must understand dear poster, that people do not attack you the person, but they attack you the follower of islam. granted, no one should be treated badly. but if you don't want to be treated badly, why the heck would you be vocal about your religion? just saying. why ask such a question when you know for a fact that europe is primarily christian, and that if christians were to go to a muslim country...well, i bet that they would not last xD just saying.

also, how come other religions can take criticism and jokes, yet islam is somehow this no-go area for anything that dares to draw muhammed or whatever xD look at yourself, your belief and what it has done...then maybe, just maybe you can see why people treat muslims a bit suspect. at least christians and perhaps other religions have moved on from the dark ages. you just have to really dig deep, be honest and quit the bs. if people don't like your belief, there is a reason. muslims are not a race, they are a type of follower, and islam is more of an ideology really that is rooted in much falsehood. just remember that if your belief is not liked, then there is a reason...otherwise, do whatever keeps you warm and fuzzy inside
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 147
Muslims don't get persecuted, bad ideas and ridiculous beliefs get persecuted. You can privately believe some middle eastern Arab flew to heaven on a black winged horse, you can justify his marriage (rape) of a 9 year old, as long as you keep it to your self. The second you take your idea public you will be ridiculed and rightly so because we live in the 21st century and not 7th century Arabia.
Original post by ales79
Muslims don't get persecuted, bad ideas and ridiculous beliefs get persecuted. You can privately believe some middle eastern Arab flew to heaven on a black winged horse, you can justify his marriage (rape) of a 9 year old, as long as you keep it to your self. The second you take your idea public you will be ridiculed and rightly so because we live in the 21st century and not 7th century Arabia.

the same could apply to all religions
Original post by Dinasaurus
It's true, liberals (I am a liberal) will preach acceptance of gay rights, feminism etc. Yet they will promote a religion that goes against those things.

kl :colonhash:
Original post by Dragon_of_Dojima
then a fear of christians would be, christianphobia? haha why islamophobia? as if islam is a no-go for people to want to criticise it. just saying, my two cents here, but how do you expect people to love and embrace "muslims" when people get banned, called names just for disagreeing with what islam has or can do to the west? hey, i don't like religion...but even comedians jokingly say that you can't joke about islam or else xD correct me if i am wrong but that is how i see it.

p.s. have not read the thread entirely but hey, the west has tried to move on and it does appear that islam is kinda taking europe back into the dark ages...just saying and not hating. If i were hating, i would not be neutral, right? i think perhaps mulsims get a lot of flak is because in the west, we see that islam is more or less oppressive to women...just search the debates that hitchens has had or some such.

about those polish people that were mentioned, i think it is again, because islam does not fit the west. yeah sure people love mentioning the cursade or what not, but that is history. gosh i really wish people would leave their creeds and religions aside and actually call it as it is. sure the majority of muslims are moderate, nice and so on...but it does not help that there are people that don't represent your group so well. again, this can be with anything but all i am saying is try to understand where the westerners are coming from. europe is our home and seeing the hajib wearing ninjas, i kid but you get me, is alien if not seen as oppressive.

just accept the way things are. christ, you think that eastern europeans had it any better in england at some point? just don't get offended or what have you. try to understand that islam really, has no place in the west...it is just for those that come from the middle east or those that are mulsim countries. now, as one guy said, it is not muslims that we have a problem with...it is the fact that people follow islam to the point of...well, silliness shall we say xD be a muslim, be a jew, be whatever, but i think one thing also is that westerners are bit pushed in trying to constantly accommodate muslims. now i might be speaking wrongly, but i am just putting it out there. the west is trying it's best to be nice to you guys so i do hope a few bad apples here and there don't make you think that you are somehow victimised.

all i can say is, live life in harmony and hopefully see that religion has no place in an information age dominated by science. but hey, each to their own, right? personally i would like to think i am a deist but then again, it is better to believe in something measurable than inaccuracies that when confronted by reasonable people, you will feel more than red faced. also, just try to be open minded. i think that the west, especially the UK, has done quite a lot for muslims. So please, try not to think that everyone is out there to get muslims...in fact those people are just trying to be careful and have beliefs, no matter how exaggerated they may be, like you.

religion is the only thing that is keeping mankind behind the technological and spiritual development...but hey, what do i know? i am just some guy that is trying to give a reasonable response. have a good one ^^

Lol I just made a short post, not even addressed to you, and you wrote some massive essay

I don't even know what you're talking about tbh. I never said anything about Islam- I was just stating that, if a user finds a post offensive, they should report it and then the moderators can decide if it gets deleted. I'm not even Muslim- I'm a Christian- if you saw my earlier post in this thread you would have seen that I was saying that Christians are being persecuted more on tsr and in Britain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 151
I feel the same

Im a muslim and ive just joint this site and i feel disgusted by some ppl
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Some Muslims try justifying their hatred for the West.

Maybe that's why they get bashed?

I don't this this is a good enough reason to collectively bash Muslim people.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
kl :colonhash:

I think it is a far greater evil to persecute someone for something out of their reach, because of how they are born than it is to criticise a personal choice to believe something.

The fact you don't even bother to look at that perspective and consider yourself the victim is the issue.
:smile:

This don is up 6 in the morning writing an essay, welll done
Reply 156
Original post by Dinasaurus
I think it is a far greater evil to persecute someone for something out of their reach, because of how they are born than it is to criticise a personal choice to believe something.

If youre trying to say homosexuality is natural i want scientific prove
i cannot see how religion, especially as violent as islam (religion peace...then how come there are no revisions of it like the king james bible or the new testament?) it blows my mind. we are slowly losing our rights, getting screwed by the system and we are still arguing about religion

I agree, and muslims are definitley guilty of trying to change our society under the laws of Islam, for example when they throw riots (or worse) over drawings of Muhammed.

I haven't read the Quran, but from what I do know about it, it is a vile book with nasty ambitions. Even the bible, when followed literally, only creates a society that keeps to itself. The Quran, on the other hand, literally spells out the goals of Islam: to dominate the world and convert/kill/enslave all the infidels.

Compare this:
https://www.openbible.info/topics/non_believers
https://www.openbible.info/topics/apostates

To how Islam treats infidels and apostates.

I strongly recommend reading this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Because it highlights how Daesh literally exists because it is instructed in the Quran, and they are following the Quran's teaching in EVERYTHING they do, to the highest level of detail.
Original post by LibertyMan
I agree, and muslims are definitley guilty of trying to change our society under the laws of Islam, for example when they throw riots (or worse) over drawings of Muhammed.

I haven't read the Quran, but from what I do know about it, it is a vile book with nasty ambitions. Even the bible, when followed literally, only creates a society that keeps to itself. The Quran, on the other hand, literally spells out the goals of Islam: to dominate the world and convert/kill/enslave all the infidels.

Compare this:
https://www.openbible.info/topics/non_believers
https://www.openbible.info/topics/apostates

To how Islam treats infidels and apostates.

I strongly recommend reading this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Because it highlights how Daesh literally exists because it is instructed in the Quran, and they are following the Quran's teaching in EVERYTHING they do, to the highest level of detail.

Incorrect.

The Quran forbids aggressive warfare, it forbids killing female/child hostages, it treats Christians as 'Muslims closest allies', it condemns using terror for political acts, it condemns killing non-combatants.
Problem is there is so many contradictions within the quran and all the TSR idiots just focus on some of the violent quotes.

Quick Reply

Latest