The Student Room Group

How can I again like a subject which I now hate due to an incompetent teacher?

I really love Law, but I have a TRULY horrible teacher. Whenever I try to revise, it reminds me of her, makes me downright depressed and makes me want to stop studying. Most of her lectures involved telling me how impossible it is to do well in Law and didn't help me much at all. She was a nice person, but everything from her English to her competence was awful. I even stopped going to class to try and fix this. She's a school teacher, so I had no other option but to do her classes.
I'm from Bangladesh, btw.

PLEASE HELP CUZ I AM FINDING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO REVISE NOW!! DDX
Focus on what you wat to do or screen her out, If she is that bad consider having a word either with your parents or your tutor or the year head. You could also speak to her but i fear she might not listen.
Reply 2
Well, telling them doesn't really fix the issue of getting her out of my head, or believing that it is possible to do well in AL Law. I have told them, though.

But the exam's next month, and I need some sort of counter spell at this point.
I know your pain. I have a teacher who teaches me English and Media. Lazy guy, but nice. He is incompetent and never even looks or marks our work. For English Literature, he taught us The Tempest via the film not the book and he hasn't even read it to us. We read the overview of each act on some website. He's cool but lazy. I complained to several teachers at school and the matter is being dealt with. Don't keep it in, ask your class mates if they share the same and make a formal complaint.
Reply 4
Original post by Rhythmical
I know your pain. I have a teacher who teaches me English and Media. Lazy guy, but nice. He is incompetent and never even looks or marks our work. For English Literature, he taught us The Tempest via the film not the book and he hasn't even read it to us. We read the overview of each act on some website. He's cool but lazy. I complained to several teachers at school and the matter is being dealt with. Don't keep it in, ask your classmates if they share the same and make a formal complaint.

Hah. Classmates. I have none. Arts subs aren't very popular here, so I'm the only student. And you do feel my pain. I think I'll file a complaint after my ALs exam.
Original post by nafisa.t13
Well, telling them doesn't really fix the issue of getting her out of my head, or believing that it is possible to do well in AL Law. I have told them, though.

But the exam's next month, and I need some sort of counter spell at this point.

Well if you come here before the mods arrive then there are plenty of people selling magic.
Hah. Classmates. I have none. Arts subs aren't very popular here, so I'm the only student. And you do feel my pain. I think I'll file a complaint after my ALs exam.

Aww. You do need to make a complaint as the school's policy is to make sure that teachers are up to standards, otherwise they can be fired. And honestly if they don't teach you anything, you can't even call them a teacher...
Reply 7
Aww. You do need to make a complaint as the school's policy is to make sure that teachers are up to standards, otherwise they can be fired. And honestly if they don't teach you anything, you can't even call them a teacher...

Well, she does have a bunch of handouts. With the number of papers I get from her, I might as well be a lawyer already.
Well, she does have a bunch of handouts. With the number of papers I get from her, I might as well be a lawyer already.

What do you want to do at University?
Reply 9
What do you want to do at University?

International Relations. But no one is giving me the solution to my actual question :frown:
International Relations. But no one is giving me the solution to my actual question :frown:

What exam board are you on? I recommend looking at candidate exemplar answers and looking at past papers to understand what you will be answering. Cue cards/flashcards will work for Law, especially on terminology.
Reply 11
What exam board are you on? I recommend looking at candidate exemplar answers and looking at past papers to understand what you will be answering. Cue cards/flashcards will work for Law, especially on terminology.

Oh, thanks! Edexcel. Can you give me a link or two? I can't find any good exemplars online.
Reply 13
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14

Self-study it yourself, end of.
to be honest you just need to move on, she's a teacher - is she really someone who knows everything about law? probably not... she should know her subject but has probably never worked in or practiced in the field so don't let her comments get to you, she might just be resentful that the career she wanted never worked out and is passing that on to you... either way, try and put your feelings into something productive and tell yourself you will prove her wrong and then just get on with it

Quick Reply

Latest