The Student Room Group

New Maths GCSE

Hey guys, since school is starting next week for me , am having 3 maths exams. So i decided to go on the maths website and look through and see if I will get the exam papers am going to do and finally after a long search I got them.
So I decided to print off the paper and do it without revising and the fact is I didnt even score any mark and questions look really hard as well
So could anyone just please help me and give me some motivation because I really want to get a good grade but with hard questions I do not think I will be able to.

Scroll to see replies

You just need to practise.
Reply 2
Original post by hxfsxh
You just need to practise.
Any tips on how to practise?
Original post by Naomeyz_01
Any tips on how to practise?

Papers, questions etc. Watch youtube videos etc
Hey guys, since school is starting next week for me , am having 3 maths exams. So i decided to go on the maths website and look through and see if I will get the exam papers am going to do and finally after a long search I got them.
So I decided to print off the paper and do it without revising and the fact is I didnt even score any mark and questions look really hard as well
So could anyone just please help me and give me some motivation because I really want to get a good grade but with hard questions I do not think I will be able to.

Try using Mathed up for revision.
Reply 5
Original post by *Alisha*
Try using Mathed up for revision.

alright thanks
alright thanks

Also use past papers, then mark them and revise the topics that you got wrong on the test:smile:

You really shouldn't be stressing, you're probably a quarter way through year 10 and therefore a lot of the content won't have been covered in school yet. We're doing the exact same as you doing three mock exams, and we were told not to revise.
Reply 8

oh wow your in the same boat as me , what year are u in? , im in year 9, but I managed to get a B on the old spec and then when I tried the new spec I got about 20 marks.
Reply 9
Original post by forre
oh wow your in the same boat as me , what year are u in? , im in year 9, but I managed to get a B on the old spec and then when I tried the new spec I got about 20 marks.

Wow, you got a B in year 9, I am in year 11 and struggling to get from a C to a B. You must be smart.
Original post by forre

Am in year 10 and am doing the new specification which I find quite harder than the old one
Am in year 10 and am doing the new specification which I find quite harder than the old one[/QUO
The fact that you got a B grade means you are really smart. Do you mind sharing how you revise for maths?
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Naomeyz_01;64021691"]
Am in year 10 and am doing the new specification which I find quite harder than the old one[/QUO
The fact that you got a B grade means you are really smart. Do you mind sharing how you revise for maths?

i reaalllly recommend mathswatch if your school has it ,if and they don't ill happily give you logging details . do past papers . what grades are u getting now? , at the start of year 9 I got a d but I workrd my way up to a very secure b (1 mark from an A)

good luck, you can definatly do it
If you're considering watching YouTube videos for revision try the channel "Achieve Maths"
He goes through past papers and explains how to do the questions.
[QUOTE="forre;64021957"]

i reaalllly recommend mathswatch if your school has it ,if and they don't ill happily give you logging details . do past papers . what grades are u getting now? , at the start of year 9 I got a d but I workrd my way up to a very secure b (1 mark from an A)

good luck, you can definatly do it

My teacher recommends Mathswatch but I dont use it as much but looks like I need to because I really need to improve and yeah am a C grade marks of B
Original post by in omnia paratus
If you're considering watching YouTube videos for revision try the channel "Achieve Maths"
He goes through past papers and explains how to do the questions.

Thank you
Reply 16

Hi, don't stress out too much with the new Maths specification even if you didn't score any marks in the questions. First of all, you really need to try and attempt the questions even if you don't understand as you will be able to gain a few marks at the very least for things like working out. I'm also in Year 10 and this isn't easy, I've attempted about two papers myself and I struggled. I would recommend using MathsWatch as it's a very good resource in explaining topics in Maths you don't understand and must importantly keep on trying questions from past papers even if its the old spec.
Thank you so much for your advise but at the same time I find that woman's voice really irritating but I will try my best and use it as much as I can
Reply 18
Thank you so much for your advise but at the same time I find that woman's voice really irritating but I will try my best and use it as much as I can

If you need any other help with your subjects, you're welcome to post in the current Year 10 thread where someone should be able to help. :biggrin:
alright thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest