The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Accomodation closest to Coach Lane Campus West?

Ive just received an offer from Northumbria to study adult nursing in September 2016, I live in Northern Ireland and will therefore need student accomodation. ive had a look at where the university accomodations are located and they're all around the city campus. Are there any near the Coach Lane Campus and if so, what are the names...if not, which would be the most recommended in the city centre? Also are there frequent buses/trains from the city centre campus to the Coach Lane campus?

Thanks in advance:smile:
Chloe

Scroll to see replies

Hi Chloe,

Congratulations on your offer for University. :smile:

We are moving into a four bed house in July of this year and, unfortunately, one of our housemates has had to drop out due to personal reasons. So we are looking for a prospective tenant to take her place. We are all girls going into our 2nd and 3rd year of University, 2 of us are Psychology students and 1 is studying Fashion.

Our house is going to be in Central Heaton. The number 1 bus which drops you off at Coach Lane Campus comes right outside our street every ten minutes. The property is £67 a week - a lot cheaper than most Student accomodation.

If you would be interested in this we have posted an add here: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/tyne_and_wear/heaton/4799484

Please feel free to drop me an email if you would be interested or would like more information on the property.

Lily
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by ChloeJM16
Ive just received an offer from Northumbria to study adult nursing in September 2016, I live in Northern Ireland and will therefore need student accomodation. ive had a look at where the university accomodations are located and they're all around the city campus. Are there any near the Coach Lane Campus and if so, what are the names...if not, which would be the most recommended in the city centre? Also are there frequent buses/trains from the city centre campus to the Coach Lane campus?

Thanks in advance:smile:
Chloe

Hey Chloe!I'm coming from Northern Ireland aswell and have offer to study physiotherapy at coach lane campus. I'm having the same problem with accommodation I'm not too sure where is best! Have you had any luck finding accommodation? Aimee 😊
Reply 3
Hi Lily, I'll need to have a good think about but thank you very much😊
Chloe
Reply 4
Hi Aimee, I haven't a clue about what I'm doing yet....I've just received an offer for Magee aswell so I'm torn but would you mind adding me on Facebook so we could chat about it more if you don't mind because I don't know anyone who's going over. My name is Chloe Montgomery

Thanks😊
I am in the same boat, I am struggling with accommodation as I'm doing adult nursing and we study at coach lane and the accommodation is based in the city campus so unsure which accommodation is best, any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by emmalouiseex
I am in the same boat, I am struggling with accommodation as I'm doing adult nursing and we study at coach lane and the accommodation is based in the city campus so unsure which accommodation is best, any help would be appreciated :smile:

Hey Emma! I've been looking at a few of the different halls and I am thinking about a few although I'm not too sure which is best for first year! I'm definitely wanting somewhere which is social/lively!.. As far as I am aware all accommodation is in the city centre although we can get a 1 bus out to coach lane. I have looked at Camden court, new bridge street, manor bank, Liberty quay and Victoria hall. Although I have no idea which would suit best. Have you thought about any of these? Aimee 😊 X
Original post by AimeeCM
Hey Chloe!I'm coming from Northern Ireland aswell and have offer to study physiotherapy at coach lane campus. I'm having the same problem with accommodation I'm not too sure where is best! Have you had any luck finding accommodation? Aimee 😊

Have you tried Knoll Court, 99 pound a week.
Hey everyone! My name is Lauren and I have an offer from Northumbria Coach Lane Campus too, i am also from Northern Ireland. I am having all the same problems as well in relation to accommodation as I don't know which is the best/ closest? If anyone could help that would be much appreciated :smile: Lauren
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AimeeCM
Hey Emma! I've been looking at a few of the different halls and I am thinking about a few although I'm not too sure which is best for first year! I'm definitely wanting somewhere which is social/lively!.. As far as I am aware all accommodation is in the city centre although we can get a 1 bus out to coach lane. I have looked at Camden court, new bridge street, manor bank, Liberty quay and Victoria hall. Although I have no idea which would suit best. Have you thought about any of these? Aimee 😊 X

hey! have you looked at these online because online I cannot find Liberty Quay, manor bank or victoria hall on the Northumbria website, I honestly have no idea which one to go for hahaha! I quite liked new bridge street though that was the only one appealing to me from the ones available on the website! its a first come first served basis too and the accommodation has been open since like january so i feel like ill end up with the worst ones hahahaa:frown: X
Original post by unigal342
Have you tried Knoll Court, 99 pound a week.

ahhh no I haven't , when i go on the northumbria website on the accommodation section knoll court isn't listed so I'm so confused :frown: previous threads have also suggested this accommodation but its so weird as it isn't listed on northumbria website :/
Original post by Laurenhutch
Hey everyone! My name is Lauren and I have an offer from Northumbria Coach Lane Campus too, i am also from Northern Ireland. I am having all the same problems as well in relation to accommodation as I don't know which is the best/ closest? If anyone could help that would be much appreciated :smile: Lauren

hey! well I do know that trinity square is quite far out as nice as it is so I know I'm not gonna go for that one , other than that ive never been so stuck at trying to choose like i just have no idea which to go for, most of them are like 5 mins walk to the bus stop for the free bus, but the only ones appealing to me at the minute that I'm liking that are on the northumbria website are new bridge street and winn studios x
Reply 12
hey! have you looked at these online because online I cannot find Liberty Quay, manor bank or victoria hall on the Northumbria website, I honestly have no idea which one to go for hahaha! I quite liked new bridge street though that was the only one appealing to me from the ones available on the website! its a first come first served basis too and the accommodation has been open since like january so i feel like ill end up with the worst ones hahahaa:frown: X

Manor bank, Liberty quay etc I am pretty sure these are just like general accommodation! people from both Northumbria and Newcastle uni can apply for these and I just found them through their own websites which you apply for on them! I've heard from a few people manor bank is really nice and lively so I'm thinking about there at the minute. I've looked at new bridge as well, it looks good! although I haven't heard from anyone what it's like so I'm not sure! It's all so hard to know which would suit the best haha X
Original post by AimeeCM
Manor bank, Liberty quay etc I am pretty sure these are just like general accommodation! people from both Northumbria and Newcastle uni can apply for these and I just found them through their own websites which you apply for on them! I've heard from a few people manor bank is really nice and lively so I'm thinking about there at the minute. I've looked at new bridge as well, it looks good! although I haven't heard from anyone what it's like so I'm not sure! It's all so hard to know which would suit the best haha X

Aww I see just because they weren't listed on the northumbria website so i was a bit confused! ive looked at other threads off previous years and a lot say new bridge street is really nice, has a double bed too haha! its so hard choosing like honestly, i think you have to put a few choices down when you apply incase they don't give you your first choice! its all first come first served too and i don't wanna leave it too long as i don't wanna end up somewhere I'm not keen on hahaha! X
hey! don't worry. Knoll Court Is not through Northumbria anymore but that hasn't changed anything for me http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/locations/newcastle/

ahhh no I haven't , when i go on the northumbria website on the accommodation section knoll court isn't listed so I'm so confused :frown: previous threads have also suggested this accommodation but its so weird as it isn't listed on northumbria website :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Aww I see just because they weren't listed on the northumbria website so i was a bit confused! ive looked at other threads off previous years and a lot say new bridge street is really nice, has a double bed too haha! its so hard choosing like honestly, i think you have to put a few choices down when you apply incase they don't give you your first choice! its all first come first served too and i don't wanna leave it too long as i don't wanna end up somewhere I'm not keen on hahaha! X

I ended up deciding on New bridge street and Winn studios as my choices, but when I went to apply the were fully booked! :frown: did you get place in any of them? I wasn't expecting it to have gone so quick so i guess i should have been faster to book! i have applied for en-suite accommodation which will be anywhere they have available although I won't find out till May where that is. Im looking at Manor Bank and Liberty Quay now so hopefully they have some availability x
Original post by AimeeCM
I ended up deciding on New bridge street and Winn studios as my choices, but when I went to apply the were fully booked! :frown: did you get place in any of them? I wasn't expecting it to have gone so quick so i guess i should have been faster to book! i have applied for en-suite accommodation which will be anywhere they have available although I won't find out till May where that is. Im looking at Manor Bank and Liberty Quay now so hopefully they have some availability x

I haven't applied for accommodation yet I need to get a move on, but I feel as if now I'm not gonna get anywhere decent! But I am looking for ensuite too so I guess I just get wherever is free! You know when you apply how many choices do you have to put down? And have you applied yet? X
Reply 17
I haven't applied for accommodation yet I need to get a move on, but I feel as if now I'm not gonna get anywhere decent! But I am looking for ensuite too so I guess I just get wherever is free! You know when you apply how many choices do you have to put down? And have you applied yet? X

Yeah i have applied! I emailed asking what was available and they said Camden Court, New Bridge and Winn Studios is all booked. They said Trinity square had available rooms although I didn't make it a choice because its far out from Coach Lane. I applied for 'en-suite accommodation' which was the very last choice on the webpage for 'select accommodation' I didn't get to make a second or third choice because I assume they will then give me whatever is available. On the email it said this:

"You have requested an allocation by Northumbria University for you to an en suite room.This could be an en suite room in any of our advertised en suite residences or one of our en suite referral partners. All en suite accommodation is close to Northumbria City Campus and you will be allocated with other new Northumbria students starting in September 2016. An offer will be sent to you by email before the end of May 2016 with further details and how to accept the room."
Original post by AimeeCM
Yeah i have applied! I emailed asking what was available and they said Camden Court, New Bridge and Winn Studios is all booked. They said Trinity square had available rooms although I didn't make it a choice because its far out from Coach Lane. I applied for 'en-suite accommodation' which was the very last choice on the webpage for 'select accommodation' I didn't get to make a second or third choice because I assume they will then give me whatever is available. On the email it said this:

"You have requested an allocation by Northumbria University for you to an en suite room.This could be an en suite room in any of our advertised en suite residences or one of our en suite referral partners. All en suite accommodation is close to Northumbria City Campus and you will be allocated with other new Northumbria students starting in September 2016. An offer will be sent to you by email before the end of May 2016 with further details and how to accept the room."

I don't like the look of any other accommodation apart from them three which are all booked, this is a nightmare haha! In my opinion they open the accommodation too early as it opens in like January and not many people have even got an offer then let alone firmed it or put it as insurance plus you can't firm anything until you have all your offers anyways which I did not have until like March! I don't really know what to do really, do you know which ones are en suite? Apart from them X
Original post by AimeeCM

the only en suite accommodation they offer are Camden court, new bridge street, Winn studios and trinity square so if the rest are booked apart from trinity square do you reckon that we'd be offered a room at trinity square? It's nice and everything just too far out:frown: X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending