The Student Room Group

Gcse revision

So the exams are coming up and I haven't started revising,
I don't think I have ever revised for any mock exams apart from quick revision the night before.
How do you guys revise? flashcards,mind maps etc and
how do you plan what to revise first?
Original post by Hkuhfjhguhijnin
So the exams are coming up and I haven't started revising,
I don't think I have ever revised for any mock exams apart from quick revision the night before.
How do you guys revise? flashcards,mind maps etc and
how do you plan what to revise first?

I used to make lists of all the topics I had to cover and then do flashcards on them.
I have exactly the same problem but I am worried that if I start earlier,as in now, I am going to forget it by the exams as my short term memory is much better than my long term one.
i go through the spec to make sure im not wasting time revising things i do not need to know! im starting to revise for science and maths first then heading on to other subjects! :smile:
Original post by niv1234
I have exactly the same problem but I am worried that if I start earlier,as in now, I am going to forget it by the exams as my short term memory is much better than my long term one.

Sameee, I tried memorizing computing definitions and in about a Week I forget them.I think I'm gonna try different ways of revising for a couple topics of science and then see which way helps me remember information the most.
Original post by Hkuhfjhguhijnin
Sameee, I tried memorizing computing definitions and in about a Week I forget them.I think I'm gonna try different ways of revising for a couple topics of science and then see which way helps me remember information the most.

Thats a good idea, I am thinking of making flashcards, which is something I have never done before as I have never had the time.
Original post by anisahaha
i go through the spec to make sure im not wasting time revising things i do not need to know! im starting to revise for science and maths first then heading on to other subjects! :smile:

I tried doing something similar,I turned the spec for science aqa into online flashcards they didn't help much, but I didn't think to leave out the stuff I know already that will probably save me a lot of time,thanks:biggrin:
Same i dont exactly knwo how to revsie. At the moment i read from a textbook and anything i find important and key information i put on index cards. Then i try to learn what i write on my cards. Then after each topic make sure you do past papers so you understand they style the questions are asked. Make sure you look at the mark scheme and try and undertsand the style for answering.

Take regular breaks and dont overload your brain. Make sure you still have fun otherwise you wont be able to focus on revision. Dont procrastinate.

Remember its better starting now than tommorow. I only started a few days ago and i feel i shoud've started earlier.

Any tips to stay away from exam anxiety??

Anyone doing design and innovaion challenge? i have my exam in 2 weeks and i have no idea how to revise.

Quick Reply