The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by SaadKaleem
Amazingly done, It always feels so good to finish off the syllabus of something, especially when you did it on your own! :smile:

Thank you so much Saad!! And amazingly it really does :biggrin:
Well done on finishing the spec! Good timing as well. :h:

I'm currently flunking chemistry so I need to pick up the pace with it as well. :tongue:
Reply 162
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Well done on finishing the spec! Good timing as well. :h:

I'm currently flunking chemistry so I need to pick up the pace with it as well. :tongue:

Thank you so much Ayman :biggrin:!! And hopefully it is, the thing that sucks is that I need to revise my notes later because I basically forgot many things from unit 4

I am sure you'll be okay :wink: And I need to actually open chemistry past papers :tongue:
I wish i can start past papers for C3 C4 M1... haven't been feeling well lately :/.. Sore throat, coughs and all sorts...
Reply 164
Original post by SaadKaleem
I wish i can start past papers for C3 C4 M1... haven't been feeling well lately :/.. Sore throat, coughs and all sorts...

I know how you feel, it sucks not starting while mostly everyone did :// ....
I am sorry to hear that, hope you'll get better soon!! The most important thing is your health now, don't feel bad like focus on getting better!!

Tell us when you start feeling better and start solving those decisive past papers haha :wink: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Specific Details of how my revision was like this past week:

As I have written, I have finished Biology. But how was that done when my last objective post here was to finish lastly Sensory systems, well to the truth, I was moving incredibly slow like in the first three days after that last post, I only finished

Spoiler

little content for such a great deal amount of time, right? So I figured like I have to fasten up as I had a deal with the teacher from another school to deliver her the papers by Wednesday. Woke up the next, ready to put on all the amount of work and opps messed up again, I wasted so much time procrastinating so I just finished:

Spoiler

Hmmm, well yeah just this and oh yeah, I made notes if it counts for something. The next day, I was super pissed off and I decided to finish a whole amount of work and I did, I finished the in the last few days:

Spoiler

Well! That's a long list, I was satisfied I managed to finish all of this, however, I didn't write any notes, that's the thing that sucked. So I had one day left and I still have to look at the experiments for unit 6 and to solve the three past papers, plus I still have some content to finish, so tbh I doubted myself I am going to succeed. So this is what happened, I managed to finish the rest of the content:

Spoiler

However, more than half of the day is gone, it's 8 pm so what should I do? I was a little depressed that I am not going to deliver the teacher what I promised I will, then I said, okay, I'll do my best,I picked the same year for the three units. for unit 6, I saw the two experiments needed, so I studied them and read notes about statistical tests and solved the past paper. It was already 1 am, I was on the edge of letting it go then I decided to have an all-nighter. I managed to finish the two past papers, the reason, I took a long time on them because there was another two experiments to write about in each past paper so I had to read the experiments, there was questions about As content which I needed to look over, and there was some content which I forgot that I needed to read my notes for.

Wow that's a freaking long post, well, if you read it, i thank you, It summarizes what had happened this past week, and how I was on Wednesday like freaking dead haha but this had showed that I can do what I can do if I put the effort to do it!! :u: :borat:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 166
I haven't done much Yesterday, I was really tired and couldn't focus at all!

Today Objectives:

For Biology:

Revise As Bio (I will not be revising all of it, just specified topics that I chose that I find related to the A2 specification because honestly, It's so long and I am aiming to start past papers as soon as possible, if I find a certain As topic that I haven;t revised found in the questions then I will revise this topic and so on)

Make notes on the experiments and revise As unit 3 experiments

For Chemistry:

Revise unit 4 - rates of reaction, entropy, equilibria

Make notes

(I haven't finished revising unit 5 but I am feeling the urge to cut it for a day and revise unit 4)
BB I need some help - I'm sort of behind on my Chem 6 revision having only done 3 past papers. I'm thinking of forgetting doing all of them as mocks and just working through them. I'll do the ones after 2013 as mocks. Do you think this is a good idea?
Reply 168
BB I need some help - I'm sort of behind on my Chem 6 revision having only done 3 past papers. I'm thinking of forgetting doing all of them as mocks and just working through them. I'll do the ones after 2013 as mocks. Do you think this is a good idea?

I think Ayman, it's a good idea, just to work through the ones before 2013 to see where are your pitfalls then doing 2013 as mocks to actually see how good you are!! I advice doing also some past papers from the old syllabus, I think they help a bit to guarantee full ums on unit 6. Also, try to sneak a paper or more each two days or so so you won't feel you're behind and then I am planning on leaving the week before the exam just for chemistry unit 6 and bio unit 6 as I also have bio on the same week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
I think Ayman, it's a good idea, just to work through the ones before 2013 to see where are your pitfalls then doing 2013 as mocks to actually see how good you are!! I advice doing also some past papers from the old syllabus, I think they help a bit to guarantee full ums on unit 6. Also, try to sneak a paper or more each two days or so so you won't feel you're behind and then I am planning on leaving the week before the exam just for chemistry unit 6 and bio unit 6 as I also have bio on the same week

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't find links to the old syllabus papers unfortunately, could you provide me one? I have 3 exams at a stretch I think, so I'll be pulling it tight! I'll try doing 1 or 2 daily but the bigger theory units are also looming over my shoulder so... :redface:
Reply 170
I can't find links to the old syllabus papers unfortunately, could you provide me one? I have 3 exams at a stretch I think, so I'll be pulling it tight! I'll try doing 1 or 2 daily but the bigger theory units are also looming over my shoulder so... :redface:

Yes sure, I don't have a link but I have them on my laptop so when I open it later in the day, I'll definitely will!!
Yeah I am going to at least try to do one each day as well! Yeah, me too, if I think at the amount of pressure and needed work that I should be doing then I think the year will finish before finishing.....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 171
wow, it;s been a long time since I have posted! Well, I had some personal issues to deal with, so I didn't that much of recognisable revision!

Today Goals:

Revise Transition metals - That's gonna be painful

Revise As and A2 bio practicals

This is for now, if I do anything more, I will definitely post it in here!
wow, it;s been a long time since I have posted! Well, I had some personal issues to deal with, so I didn't that much of recognisable revision!

Today Goals:

Revise Transition metals - That's gonna be painful

Revise As and A2 bio practicals

This is for now, if I do anything more, I will definitely post it in here!

Common you can do more than that!:smile:
( trying to motivate, not sure if working? lol)
Reply 173
Original post by Student1408
Common you can do more than that!:smile:
( trying to motivate, not sure if working? lol)

lol Thank you for your motivation, it definitely worked!! I'll post in a bit, what extra revision I've done :h:
Reply 174
The extra thing I did yesterday was that I solved some questions on Transition metals.

I know it's not a lot that I did yesterday compared to the tone of revision that I should be doing, but I specifically devoted a lot of time on Transition metals, because at least for me, It's a hard one with a lot of confusions especially the colours!!

Today Targets:

Finish revising Organic synthesis - I am going to spend a lot of time on it since it involves unit 6 and unit 5

Write my accumulated notes for bio and chemistry

Reply 175
I forgot to post what I have got in the three bio past papers that I've done!

Well.....

Biology unit 4 June 2014 WBI04/01

58/90 - B - 91/120
Lost: 32 marks
Reaction: Complete sudden
Target: Specify a lot of time on this paper, as I need to scrap an A*, I know now it's seems impossible but like I still have a freaking chance right so I just have to work harder

Biology unit 5 June 2014 WBI05/01

69/90 - A* - 110/120
Lost: 21 marks
Reaction: proud
Target: The A* was 68, so I need to work harder, because two marks off and I will be getting the A and my aim is A*.

Unit 6 is still not coorected
(edited 8 years ago)
I forgot to post what I have got in the three bio past papers that I've done!

Well.....

Biology unit 4 June 2014 WBI04/01

58/90 - B
Lost: 32 marks
Reaction: Complete sudden
Target: Specify a lot of time on this paper, as I need to scrap an A*, I know now it's seems impossible but like I still have a freaking chance right so I just have to work harder

Biology unit 5 June 2014 WBI05/01

69/90 - A*
Lost: 21 marks
Reaction: proud
Target: The A* was 68, so I need to work harder, because two marks off and I will be getting the A and my aim is A*.

Unit 6 is still not coorected

Nice unit 5 grade! Just bring unit 4 up and you're a shoe in. What was your coursework grade in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
Original post by PsychoD
Nice unit 5 grade! Just bring unit 4 up and you're a shoe in. What was your coursework grade in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!! :h: and yeah I'll have to bring it up as much as I can!!

I still didn't get my mark for the coursework :/
Thank you!!! :h: and yeah I'll have to bring it up as much as I can!!

I still didn't get my mark for the coursework :/

unit 4's an ass, just don't neglect AS bio, if you've done last years paper you'll know why :h: best of luck
Reply 179
Original post by PsychoD
unit 4's an ass, just don't neglect AS bio, if you've done last years paper you'll know why :h: best of luck

Yeah it is!!! Do you think I should revise all of As bio or just certain topics? I know it's a bit late since I am revising it now but I have discovered I should recently :frown:

Thank you so much!! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending