The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Pre-reg applications 2017/18

This poll is closed

Pre-reg offer from boots?

Yes 83%
No17%
Total votes: 12
Hey guys! just wanted to make a thread about pharmacy prereg applications, has anyone heard back from anyone? Any summer placements?

Also how does everyone feel about london collaboration on pharmalife this year?

Scroll to see replies

Hello dear, I see you mistakenly opened three threads, maybe you should delete the other two so people do not get confused. I believe London, South East and Thames Valley are doing the regional collaboration thing this year. I really cannot complain because it means more choices for us. However, competition will be steeeeeep and only the best people will get chosen. But such is life.
Reply 2
Original post by neldee95
Hello dear, I see you mistakenly opened three threads, maybe you should delete the other two so people do not get confused. I believe London, South East and Thames Valley are doing the regional collaboration thing this year. I really cannot complain because it means more choices for us. However, competition will be steeeeeep and only the best people will get chosen. But such is life.

thanks! I've flagged them for deletion. Yes, i've heard the london collaboration interview process is pretty hard 3 tests and depending on how well you score overall is how your preferences will be allocated. Seems pretty tough.

Have you applied for any community places? :smile:
Original post by pharmacy20
thanks! I've flagged them for deletion. Yes, i've heard the london collaboration interview process is pretty hard 3 tests and depending on how well you score overall is how your preferences will be allocated. Seems pretty tough.

Have you applied for any community places? :smile:

Yeah I have applied to Lloyds, Boots and Wells!

All of the collaboration ones are going to be tough. It is just a matter of practising interview techniques I guess.
Reply 4
Original post by neldee95
Yeah I have applied to Lloyds, Boots and Wells!

All of the collaboration ones are going to be tough. It is just a matter of practising interview techniques I guess.

Boots said they will get back to everyone in May, hopefully its good news for us both! Good luck!

Yes, I still haven't decided whether I want to do a hospital prereg or community right now im leaning towards community. Just going with the flow.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Boots said they will get back to everyone in May, hopefully its good news for us both! Good luck!

Yes, I still haven't decided whether I want to do a hospital prereg or community right now im leaning towards community. Just going with the flow.

Have you heard back from Boots?
Reply 6
Original post by qadi56
Have you heard back from Boots?

Not yet, have you??
Reply 7
Not yet, have you??

nope, but my online HR status has changed to under offer.

Any idea what this means?

Not recieved any emails yet...
Reply 8
Original post by qadi56

HR status? Where would that be? On the boots.jobs website? Im not sure... But maybe you have an offer? Congrats if you do!! They might send out emails from tomorrow I assume?
HR status? Where would that be? On the boots.jobs website? Im not sure... But maybe you have an offer? Congrats if you do!! They might send out emails from tomorrow I assume?

Yeah it's on the boots website, just login and go to 'your application status'.
Reply 10

I don't know. I hope I do, it just seems strange that they have changed the status online but not sent any emails or anything through. I tried phoning HR but they are not picking up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by qadi56
I don't know. I hope I do, it just seems strange that they have changed the status online but not sent any emails or anything through.

I just remembered it is bank holiday so you probably wont get a reply today. Mine still says under interview stage, but i know our university was one of the last to get interviewed. Hopefully will find out soon!
Reply 12
I just remembered it is bank holiday so you probably wont get a reply today. Mine still says under interview stage, but i know our university was one of the last to get interviewed. Hopefully will find out soon!

Thats what I was thinking..

im so impatient LOL.
Reply 13
Original post by qadi56
Thats what I was thinking..

im so impatient LOL.

Hopefully they reply tomorrow! I hope i got it :/
Reply 14
Original post by usernamenottaken
Yeah it's on the boots website, just login and go to 'your application status'.

Thank you! Mine still says interview stage, hopefully we find out soon!
Reply 15
Original post by qadi56

Hey! My status has also changed to "under offer" I came on here hoping to find the answer!

Under offer in the world of property buying means that an offer has been made on a property and they are waiting for it to be accepted, so it could possibly mean they have made us an offer and are waiting for us to accept it?

Not sure though! Fingers crossed!
Reply 16
Original post by Lysipud
Hey! My status has also changed to "under offer" I came on here hoping to find the answer!

Under offer in the world of property buying means that an offer has been made on a property and they are waiting for it to be accepted, so it could possibly mean they have made us an offer and are waiting for us to accept it?

Not sure though! Fingers crossed!

I don't know...

Under offer sounds like they are making an offer.. but with no emails sent out its hard to tell..

I hope it is good news
Reply 17
Hopefully they reply tomorrow! I hope i got it :/

I hope we get it too! fingers crossed.
Reply 18
Original post by qadi56
I hope we get it too! fingers crossed.

Hope so! :smile: are you planning on applying to pharmalife too? I think people take boots but then consider hospital too?
Reply 19
Hope so! :smile: are you planning on applying to pharmalife too? I think people take boots but then consider hospital too?

I want to do hospital but i don't think i will get in, so i don't want to go through the application process and just be disheartened.

Also, for hospital you need to reject community placements and then wait to get a response from hospitals...

So its a risk you need to take. Not sure...

how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending