The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsalanBac
Firm Bristol (Law) or Warwick (Law w/ Social Sciences) ? International student so reputation and graduate prospects most imp for me.

Neither choice will hinder you for the requirements you've set out. If it's really that hard (and you've considered location, modules, societies, cost of living etc), flip a coin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuticecream
I do IB too but still waiting... What was your offer?

The offer was 36 and 5 in English HL :smile:
Original post by StudentACMW10
Finally got my nottingham offer!!!!! :smile:

When did you apply? :smile:
I do IB too but still waiting... What was your offer?

Hey Coconuticecream,
Have you received a offer yet? Which Unis have you got offers from?
=My sister does IB and shes waiting to hear too, she got a 26 on her Lnat and SHE WAS HUNGOVER LOL, shes predicted 38 points I think , not sure, im in my AS year so Ive got a while to figure this stuff out and ive never understood IB points lol.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE x
Original post by andrad
When did you apply? :smile:

I applied in mid December :smile:
Anyone heard from Nottingham yet?
Original post by mattlally

I'm still waiting...
Original post by mattlally

Hey, I just got an unconditional offer from Nottingham. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. :smile:
Original post by aayushk
Hey, I just got an unconditional offer from Nottingham. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. :smile:

Congrats! :smile: What grades if you don't me asking? X
Original post by andrad
Congrats! :smile: What grades if you don't me asking? X

Thank you, it's an unconditional since I got my grade 12 (ISC, India) scores a while ago, A Levels equivalent is A*AA. How about you? Have you heard from them? What are your other options?
I just called the admissions at Nottingham and she mentioned that they are still going through them....
Reply 3951
I just called the admissions at Nottingham and she mentioned that they are still going through them....

really!! still waiting too, they seem to be changing their answer every time someone asks when they'll get a response..
Biggest regret was not applying to Oxbridge... They seem to have all the fun with their rich traditions, for formal dinners, huge parties, may balls... Sighhhh
Original post by JohnGreek
Holy F*uck that's a lot of time... I can't imagine that the people who applied last year expected to have to wait until mid-April to hear back...

Yeah exactly and imagine waitng all this time only to get rejected. I have exams I should be focusing on not firkin UCAS and sorting out accommodation. It's really frustrating aghh. I think I'm just gonna firm kings and insure exeter....
This is so awful!!!!! As a university they must know of their oversubscribed courses , one being Law. They cannot have only one admissions officer !!! It is absolutely impotent!!
Yeah exactly and imagine waitng all this time only to get rejected. I have exams I should be focusing on not firkin UCAS and sorting out accommodation. It's really frustrating aghh. I think I'm just gonna firm kings and insure exeter....

DONT !!!! Be patient
Original post by Punisher95
Leaning towards UoM. Only thing that troubles me is the lower ranking of manchester university for law. Any idea?

UoM is a great university, like previous posts have said I wouldn't judge it all on league tables, you have to weigh up the pro's and con's for yourself. Its going to be right for some and not for others, but at the end of the day its your choice and it's whether its the best one for you.
I'm starting at UoM in September for Law too and this helped me decide between my offers- hope it helps.
http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities

Good luck with your studies :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Exactly, I said it may help but don't base any decision you make solely on one piece of information, as I did say in my post you have to weigh up the pros and the cons for yourself. This was just something I personally found interesting :smile:
Just got an offer from Nottingham for Law with Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamsinb123
Just got an offer from Nottingham for Law with Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending