The Student Room Group

Dark, Sequestered, Lonely Path To 9 A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Herro,

Didn't really do much revision today (Yesterday)

Unexpectedly I went to the cinemas to watch Batman vs Superman which was... ok.

When came back home I did a Paper on A* Questions only, think I got everything right but theres not mark scheme soo...

I tried to do a maths paper (Fri 8 Nov 2013) But I gave in to tiredness and went to bed. Today I plan to do lots of past papers, some revision on Chem, Re and Physics :smile:
i hope you get bitten viciously in the left testicle one day, just for the pointless timetable.

Good luck mate, u can get all a stars.
Reply 122
Original post by ilikethesmell
i hope you get bitten viciously in the left testicle one day, just for the pointless timetable.

Good luck mate, u can get all a stars.

LOOOOOOOL, Ill be sure not to expose my testicles then :biggrin: thanks
[QUOTE=HeimIX;63950463]Herro,

Didn't really do much revision today (Yesterday)

Unexpectedly I went to the cinemas to watch Batman vs Superman which was... ok.

When came back home I did a Paper on A* Questions only, think I got everything right but theres not mark scheme soo...

I tried to do a maths paper (Fri 8 Nov 2013) But I gave in to tiredness and went to bed. Today I plan to do lots of past papers, some revision on Chem, Re and Physics :smile:

Did you compile the A* questions yourself? I'd love something like that but our teachers haven't really helped us with revision at all @_@
Reply 124
Original post by Whalien52
Did you compile the A* questions yourself? I'd love something like that but our teachers haven't really helped us with revision at all @_@

Nop I found them online after ALOT of digging, here they are:

A* Type Questions (Maths):

1H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star1h.pdf

2H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star2h.pdf

:smile:
Reply 125
So today,
I unfortunately slept in,
again.

Its weird i find myself getting even more tired when I go to bed early, anyway I was really feeling to do some more maths because that 76 on the last past paper annoyed me and woop-di-doo I got...74 :frown:
Sigh :biggrin: some more work is in order.
After this I went on to some Physics (P3) and Im about 2 topics from finishing the whole thing, Im going to do a little more physics in bed, so I should be done by tomorrow which is AMAZING!! Then I can really just relax, do past papers and look over notes. This will also free up ALOT of time for other subjects as well.

May The Revision Be With You.
Original post by HeimIX
Nop I found them online after ALOT of digging, here they are:

A* Type Questions (Maths):

1H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star1h.pdf

2H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star2h.pdf

:smile:

Thank you so much T_T Since there's no mark scheme when I've done them I'll check back in to compares answers ^^
Fellow comrade in the search of A*s across the board 😂😂 but after seeing your timetable, I feel like I'm not doing enough :cc
(edited 7 years ago)
I had received better grades than you in my mocks with very little revision and oh so much procrastination. I had my reasons though. I had and have mental health issues. At least I know I have time to achieve my best and bag as many A stars as possible. This thread gave me much hope. There definitely is a God above our heads. Not that I ever doubted that. May the odds be ever in your favour. So we beat on, boats against the tide. Borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mock revision was reading a cgp book outside the examining hall. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeimIX
Konichiwa:u:

So Basically, I've been really angry lately, Ive finally tracked down the root to my problems, after hard and excruciating examinations i finally came up with a conclusion:

I am Stupid.

For my Mock Examinations I got:

English Language: B
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Physics: B
Chemistry: B
RE: A (should of been an A* but unicorns don't exist)
Spanish: A*
Music Technology: B (Merit)
Drama: B (should of been an A* but we breathe air)

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash

As reference, for A levels I want to study:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(not sure for the fourth Computing/ Further Maths)

So I have decided to document my revision everyday for the next 30 days which will be our first GCSE Exam :s-smilie:.

In the Future I would like to Study Economics At Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or Imperial, respectively. After this I want to be a Stock Broker/ Inv. Banker.:colonhash:

My current Year, Year 11 will be the last Year to do the current/old syllabus, this has been staged as another incentive for me to get the best grades possible.

Grades I Want To Get By The End of Year 11:

English Language: A*/A
English Literature: A
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A* - Easy
Spanish: A* - Easy
Music Technology: Distinction (A)
Drama: A* - Easy

These are the Grades I will need to get into Wallington Grammar School For Sixth Form (Ive already gotten into my first choice, However I'm not sure whether to pick that or Wallington)

My Revision will Entail:

Going over each topic, making mind maps - I find these to be more effective.

I have printed about 5-6 Past Papers for each Topic and I plan to finish these by the end of the Easter Break.

However I'm still not sure how to revise both (English's? Englishes? Engli?) so any help will be appreciated.

Lastly I have made a Time Table for My revision which is here:

So you can also use it if you find it to be effective for yourself. ( I would like to seize this opportunity to apologise for the diabolical colour scheme, Forgive me.)

TimeTable.png

I would be delighted if any of you embarked on my mission along side me.
This is really just to help me with motivation as Im just a box of lethargy:h:
I shall be posting daily at the specified time on the time table.

Gracias,
Kharis.

5-6 papers per topic, wowza! I am so behind in my revision!
For English I recommend doing mind maps for each poem, on cue cards, do a few every day. And read any cgp poetry, play, book guides. Also make mind maps for major topics in books/ plays you are studying like social issues and on main characters. What books are you studying?I have heard of mr Bruff videos. And for lang maybe analyse some news articles
Hope you get your stars!
How do you revise for English Literature ? Thank you :biggrin:
I wish you all the best with your exams - but if you are thinking of studying Further Maths at A-Level (and are looking to get into Cambridge) you may want to look into taking Further Maths at GCSE (AQA I think are the only board to run this) - I took mine after asking my exams officer if the school would enter me - I revised independently and used my teachers if I got stuck.

Firstly it will enable you to find Maths A-Level easy for the first term as F. Maths GCSE covers there first unit of A-Level (practically).
Secondly, the more A*/A's you can get at GCSE the better your chances of getting into Cambridge are (if you are thinking you will get an A* in Maths therm F. Maths wouldn't be hard - it has v. low grade boundaries...).

All the best!
Reply 132
Original post by Whalien52
Thank you so much T_T Since there's no mark scheme when I've done them I'll check back in to compares answers ^^
Fellow comrade in the search of A*s across the board 😂😂 but after seeing your timetable, I feel like I'm not doing enough :cc

LOL yes please lets compare answers and as long as you know the subject inside out theres really no need for a rigorous timetable like mine :P I just like being hard on myself.
Reply 133
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I had received better grades than you in my mocks with very little revision and oh so much procrastination. I had my reasons though. I had and have mental health issues. At least I know I have time to achieve my best and bag as many A stars as possible. This thread gave me much hope. There definitely is a God above our heads. Not that I ever doubted that. May the odds be ever in your favour. So we beat on, boats against the tide. Borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dang dude well done, its good you don't let things like Health Issues get in your way, congrats on the good grades :biggrin:
Reply 134
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
5-6 papers per topic, wowza! I am so behind in my revision!
For English I recommend doing mind maps for each poem, on cue cards, do a few every day. And read any cgp poetry, play, book guides. Also make mind maps for major topics in books/ plays you are studying like social issues and on main characters. What books are you studying?I have heard of mr Bruff videos. And for lang maybe analyse some news articles
Hope you get your stars!

Yes thank you for the tips; Im studying All My Sons and for poetry I'm doing Thomas Hardy.
Reply 135
Original post by 10tojones
I wish you all the best with your exams - but if you are thinking of studying Further Maths at A-Level (and are looking to get into Cambridge) you may want to look into taking Further Maths at GCSE (AQA I think are the only board to run this) - I took mine after asking my exams officer if the school would enter me - I revised independently and used my teachers if I got stuck.

Firstly it will enable you to find Maths A-Level easy for the first term as F. Maths GCSE covers there first unit of A-Level (practically).
Secondly, the more A*/A's you can get at GCSE the better your chances of getting into Cambridge are (if you are thinking you will get an A* in Maths therm F. Maths wouldn't be hard - it has v. low grade boundaries...).

All the best!

I would love to do Further Maths at my school but they don't offer it and if they do its probably too late :frown:
Reply 136
Original post by nisha.sri
How do you revise for English Literature ? Thank you :biggrin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original post by HeimIX
Dang dude well done, its good you don't let things like Health Issues get in your way, congrats on the good grades :biggrin:

Thanks man.
Reply 138
Yo,

Not a very productive day, went out all day. I took my physics with me but there were too many distractions.
Yesterday I said I would do work at in bed but fell asleep sooooo...:biggrin:

Will do lots of revision tomorrow,

Original post by HeimIX
Yes thank you for the tips; Im studying All My Sons and for poetry I'm doing Thomas Hardy.

No problem :smile:

Original post by HeimIX
Yo,

Not a very productive day, went out all day. I took my physics with me but there were too many distractions.
Yesterday I said I would do work at in bed but fell asleep sooooo...:biggrin:

Will do lots of revision tomorrow,

Lol I have fallen asleep revising too! :u:
You took your physics when you went out! Now that is dedication :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest