The Student Room Group

What are you dreading the most about University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'm worried about:

1. Getting lost
2. Horrible flat mates
3. Not making any friends

Lost wise, after a while you'll get used to it. If you ever feel like you dont know where you're going, just ask :smile:

Hmmmm... thats a tricky one, I think you can flat swap through the Uni :smile:

Everyone worries about that, when I first went to college, I thought I wouldn't make any new friends. But we just have to remember that we are all in the same boat :smile:
Original post by QueenBee98
Oh yeah that is a negative factor :-/ Ah bless her :frown:

she was fine after the first month after that she loved it
:rofl: That one I can identify with

Oooh where are you going?
Original post by M14B
Dropping out.
(I am a first year)

It depends whether you really enjoy your course. If you don't, it will be difficult. Hang on in there! :smile:

Original post by loveleest
Having bad flat mates and not liking my course.

Have you had any tasters for your course? Flat mates can go both ways, but you can always flat swap if it gets bad.

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Loneliness

Just try to keep in contact with your friends - perhaps if its a city with a big centre you can meet up or even use social media :smile:
Original post by Jersey1993
she was fine after the first month after that she loved it

That's very good to hear! :nyan: I hope everyone enjoys it!

Original post by Serine Soul
Oooh where are you going?

I'm hoping to go to Bishop Grosseteste :ymca: if I get the grades that is :smile:
I'm worried about not enjoying my course, and therefore not doing well. In all honesty, I only picked my degree course because I did well in the subject at A Level and didn't know what else to do :s-smilie:
STDs.
It depends whether you really enjoy your course. If you don't, it will be difficult. Hang on in there! :smile:

Have you had any tasters for your course? Flat mates can go both ways, but you can always flat swap if it gets bad.

Just try to keep in contact with your friends - perhaps if its a city with a big centre you can meet up or even use social media :smile:

Not really, I mean I had an interview and they showed me what the course is and I like it, but anything can happen really. Oh okay, that's great to know that :biggrin:
People stealing my food, when having to share a kitchen
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm worried about not enjoying my course, and therefore not doing well. In all honesty, I only picked my degree course because I did well in the subject at A Level and didn't know what else to do :s-smilie:

I think everyone has this going through there heads at some stage if you don't mind me asking what you going to study and where?

Oh, did you enjoy that topic? Have you had any taster sessions? If not, they would give you an idea of what to expect :smile:

Original post by Nameless Ghoul
STDs.

That can be easily prevented
Original post by Jersey1993
I think everyone has this going through there heads at some stage if you don't mind me asking what you going to study and where?

I'm going to study BSc Geoscience at Keele Uni :smile:
Not really, I mean I had an interview and they showed me what the course is and I like it, but anything can happen really. Oh okay, that's great to know that :biggrin:

An interview? What have you applied to do? :happy: You don't know what to expect until you're there :smile:

Original post by Frankie97
People stealing my food, when having to share a kitchen

You could always do what my brother does and allocate shelves in the fridge/freezer - so all the food on that shelf is yours and unless they ask you, they can't touch it :smile:
Oh, did you enjoy that topic? Have you had any taster sessions? If not, they would give you an idea of what to expect :smile:

I didn't enjoy the subject (Geology) as such, but I discovered that I was very good at it (I hope that doesn't sound arrogant!). I don't have any other academic interests or career aspirations, so doing a degree in Geology/Geoscience seemed like the most logical choice. I haven't had any taster sessions, but I've been to course overview talks on open days :smile:
An interview? What have you applied to do? :happy: You don't know what to expect until you're there :smile:

You could always do what my brother does and allocate shelves in the fridge/freezer - so all the food on that shelf is yours and unless they ask you, they can't touch it :smile:

Filmmaking :tongue:
They told me what the course will be about etc...I didn't even get an offer yet though :frown:
I'm going to study BSc Geoscience at Keele Uni :smile:

Awesome i'm studying at UEL doing Games Development.... should be interesting
Reply 36
Not being able to fit in and make any friends, sounds silly but it worries me a lot because I've struggled with anxiety in the past. Also worried about not being able to cope with my course :frown:
Filmmaking :tongue:
They told me what the course will be about etc...I didn't even get an offer yet though :frown:

Ooohhhhh that sounds interesting :smile: Ah I'm sure you'll get it! Just look at me, for example, I didn't expect to get more than one and in the end all of them accepted me. Except for one, which declined it, then sent me an offer for another course, and then invited me for an interview as they now have more places :laugh: You can't win! :rofl:

I didn't enjoy the subject (Geology) as such, but I discovered that I was very good at it (I hope that doesn't sound arrogant!). I don't have any other academic interests or career aspirations, so doing a degree in Geology/Geoscience seemed like the most logical choice. I haven't had any taster sessions, but I've been to course overview talks on open days :smile:

No no not at all :smile: It does sound logical, but all that matters is your happiness :biggrin: That's good
The bitter reality that this country sends too many people to university, killing opportunity and indebting the young for life and that this great international fraud continues every day, swallowing more young people with its nefarious lies and false promises
Original post by H.rouii
Not being able to fit in and make any friends, sounds silly but it worries me a lot because I've struggled with anxiety in the past. Also worried about not being able to cope with my course :frown:

No it's not silly at all, I have the same :smile: But we can do this! Everyone will be in the same boat :nyan: Bless you, I'm sure you can do it. If you struggle in any way, seek assistance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending