The Student Room Group

jamestg's AS success!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
No problem! Good luck with your exams and hopefully see you at Cambridge?! :biggrin:

Haha that's a long way, but it's the dream. Good luck to you too. Are you going to the general open day in July?
Reply 121
Original post by richpanda
Haha that's a long way, but it's the dream. Good luck to you too. Are you going to the general open day in July?

Probably not because I've seen all I need to see! However I may go to a college specific day for Peterhouse or Queens'.
Original post by jamestg
Probably not because I've seen all I need to see! However I may go to a college specific day for Peterhouse or Queens'.

Yes I'm not too sure about college specific days
Reply 123
What grade did you get for GCSE Maths?
Reply 124
Yes I'm not too sure about college specific days

I would strongly recommend it.

Basically choose one or two colleges you are really interested in after researching.

Then if you want to see any others, go to the Porters' Lodge and say you're a prospective student and wanting to have a look around for those colleges that are not having an open day.
Reply 125
Original post by Rajive
What grade did you get for GCSE Maths?

A* :smile:
Original post by jamestg
I would strongly recommend it.

Basically choose one or two colleges you are really interested in after researching.

Then if you want to see any others, go to the Porters' Lodge and say you're a prospective student and wanting to have a look around for those colleges that are not having an open day.

Is the best place to research colleges the cambridge website? Or is there a better, more neutral place?
Best of luck!
Reply 128
Is the best place to research colleges the cambridge website? Or is there a better, more neutral place?

Yeah the main website, individual college websites and prospectus.

I'm sure there are more neutral places, although having a look around on TSR for people's opinions on colleges current undergraduate students are at is a good idea!
Reply 129
Original post by thehistorybore
Best of luck!

Thank you!!
Original post by jamestg
Yeah the main website, individual college websites and prospectus.

I'm sure there are more neutral places, although having a look around on TSR for people's opinions on colleges current undergraduate students are at is a good idea!

Cheers, will do
Reply 131
Got bored while doing some revision so looked to see at how my exam timetable will look for Y13.

Exam = possible retake

C1 -17th May
FP1 - 19th May
C2 - 24th May
S3 - 24th May
G&P1 - 5th June
S1 - 7th June
G&P2 - 8th June
Germany - 9th June
G&P3 - 12th June
M1 - 14th June
Italy - 16th June
G&P4 - 20th June
C3 - 20th June
Tudors - 21st June
C4 - 23rd June
S2 - 26th June

Looks vile.
Original post by jamestg
Got bored while doing some revision so looked to see at how my exam timetable will look for Y13.

Exam = possible retake

C1 -17th May
FP1 - 19th May
C2 - 24th May
S3 - 24th May
G&P1 - 5th June
S1 - 7th June
G&P2 - 8th June
Germany - 9th June
G&P3 - 12th June
M1 - 14th June
Italy - 16th June
G&P4 - 20th June
C3 - 20th June
Tudors - 21st June
C4 - 23rd June
S2 - 26th June

Looks vile.

You won't be retaking anything; keep grinding.
Reply 133
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You won't be retaking anything; keep grinding.

I really hope I don't have to! But I can't rule it out :redface:
Reply 134
I think doing daily posts is going to be quite unattainable over the course of the next few months. Therefore I'll be doing weekly posts of Sunday evenings!

Sunday 10th April - 37 days left!

Tomorrow is the beginning of the final stretch! It's the summer term and we all know what that brings... EXAMS! This term I have got the following exams - C1, C2, Bio1, Germany 1918-89 and Fascist Italy. However I will be working for my other 4 exams until early May.

The Easter holidays haven't been as productive as I would have liked, however I have a got a solid foundation to build on. I know what I need to do. Maths papers, biology posters, history powerpoints and politics notes. I just need to get into the routine of doing solid amounts of work over a long period of time. If I study smart and not let the pressure get to me, I'll be just swell. But I am finding it stressful - I cannot deny that.

Today has been very productive. I completed my history essay on whether the Nazis solved the economic problems of Weimar Germany, they did not. Was pretty chuffed with the essay. It may be one of the essays I send off when applying to unis (after a bit of polishing!). Also revised statics, trig (both applications and equations) and moments.

Do I feel ready for exams? No. That said I can't expect to be ready for them when there is still more than a month to go!

I'll just keep swimming...
Good luck! :smile:
My GCSE grades were 8As and 5Bs from an underachieving school and I am predicted AAAB at AS level in Business, Literature, Sociology and French.
Original post by CSL123
Good luck! :smile:
My GCSE grades were 8As and 5Bs from an underachieving school and I am predicted AAAB at AS level in Business, Literature, Sociology and French.

Does anybody have any advice for these subjects?
Reply 137
Just did my first C2 paper! However because I haven't done integration or geometric series yet, I skipped those questions :redface:

Didn't go too badly, out of the 55 marks available to me I got 51 marks. 2 marks were lost because I didn't realise something really simple and another 2 for accuracy goddamnit.

Even if I include the questions I didn't do because I couldn't, I would have got a B on the paper!
Reply 138
Sunday 17th April - 30 days left!
This week has been up and down.

It started off really productive and turned into... a mess if I'm honest.

I'm getting really bogged down the the scale of everything. I've made notes for about 3/9ths of history, 3/6ths of politics and biology is just awful. I don't know what to do. I'm going to start doing work at the kitchen table again, hopefully that can improve productivity.

It's not like I haven't been working. I've got plenty of stuff done, just not enough and tomorrow is a month until the first exam! Some things have really knocked my confidence this week and it's not really going well.

I can just see all the hard work unravel and all the effort I put in from Sept-March count for nothing. :frown:
Reply 139
FINALLY got my history mock back...

I got a really high B! :colondollar:

That's AAAB in my mocks... pretty chuffed :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending