The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone received any offers from Cardiff uni for mental health nursing 2016 entry????
Has anyone heard anything from Stirling university in regard to Primary School teaching?
Still waiting on a reply from Nottingham Uni for Zoology. Anyone else still waiting?
Waiting on Warwick Law with Social Sciences, and Exeter Graduate LLB.
I need help pls!!!!!!!!! I have numeracy and literacy tests at Middlesex uni in two weeks. what sorts thing do I expect in numeracy, how many questions and are they multiple choice questions? for literacy, is there comprehension and what are they essay questions like. Need help urgently pls am scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by desmoulins
Warwick, of course... I also know people who've got them from Kent, Lancaster, Glasgow, Kings, and Cardiff :smile: Still waiting for all of mine, I applied to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh a couple weeks ago now... That said, it's for French & Russian so I assume everything will have to go through two departments which takes longer.
need tips on Middlesex literacy and numeracy. has anyone recently attend interview there. What do they ask on literacy essay and what do I expect on numeracy . Mine is in two weeks. I 'm worried with the numeracy as don't know what to expect. Seriously need someone's help.
Is anyone else still waiting for a reply from Edinburgh for their politics course...months after applying!? (2016 entry)
Original post by koweja
Sent my application for Biochem off on the 25th and got offers from Queen's University Belfast on the 27th, and from Newcastle today :smile:
Still waiting on Nottingham, Sheffield and Swansea. Has anyone applied for Biochem at those unis, and how long has it taken to get an offer?

We clearly know a future Biochem star when we see them! :blush:

Will we be seeing you soon?

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
Still waiting to hear from SOAS... Have offers from both KCL and UCL so I just want my last answer so I can firm!! Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them? Applied to International Relations and African Studies.
Just got an offer from Exeter after almost 6 months of waiting. However, I'm not fully sure on the Penryn Campus .-.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Just got an offer from Exeter after almost 6 months of waiting. However, I'm not fully sure on the Penryn Campus .-.

Well done - I have firmed Exeter Penryn Campus for the BSc Zoology :biggrin: That's a long wait though. I received my last reply from Nottingham on Wednesday just gone. It was a long wait indeed. What course have you got into Exeter on?
Original post by Cinderella.09
Well done - I have firmed Exeter Penryn Campus for the BSc Zoology :biggrin: That's a long wait though. I received my last reply from Nottingham on Wednesday just gone. It was a long wait indeed. What course have you got into Exeter on?

I got an offer for FCH Geography and Business. I got offered a changed course from my original choice at the main campus. I'll have to go visit the Penryn campus soon.

Debating whether or not I'll get bored there. Currently deciding whether to go to Leeds or Exeter Penryn.

Congratulations on the Zoology offer.
I got an offer for FCH Geography and Business. I got offered a changed course from my original choice at the main campus. I'll have to go visit the Penryn campus soon.

Debating whether or not I'll get bored there. Currently deciding whether to go to Leeds or Exeter Penryn.

Congratulations on the Zoology offer.

Oh right, so you were initially based at Streatham campus for the Geography/Business course? The Penryn campus looks SO good. I visited last October at a open day. It depends on if the quiet-ish countryside/beach/sea scene is your thing or not but it definitely is mine. I say quiet but I have heard that they do big nights at the stannary which is the bar on campus. The location is gorgeous, the beach is 20 mins away to Falmouth. I can't wait to go :smile: What I did to find out what Penryn is like is add the campus on Instagram and facebook. They post lots of photos on the area and post things that are going on on campus and in town as well :smile:
Oh right, so you were initially based at Streatham campus for the Geography/Business course? The Penryn campus looks SO good. I visited last October at a open day. It depends on if the quiet-ish countryside/beach/sea scene is your thing or not but it definitely is mine. I say quiet but I have heard that they do big nights at the stannary which is the bar on campus. The location is gorgeous, the beach is 20 mins away to Falmouth. I can't wait to go :smile: What I did to find out what Penryn is like is add the campus on Instagram and facebook. They post lots of photos on the area and post things that are going on on campus and in town as well :smile:

I'm thinking of taking my car there if I firm it. Is there any parking on or near the campus? People have told me that the campus is really small, but modern. The accommodation is nice and quite cheap.

I have heard a lot of good things about Falmouth, especially about the beach, and surfing apparently.
I'm thinking of taking my car there if I firm it. Is there any parking on or near the campus? People have told me that the campus is really small, but modern. The accommodation is nice and quite cheap.

I have heard a lot of good things about Falmouth, especially about the beach, and surfing apparently.

I think the parking is limited, I didn't really look into it on the open day because I don't drive but here is a link to parking info:

http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/find/travel-transport/parking-campus

It's quite small yes but nice and modern. I love the layout of the place. Bus travel is really cheap I think. I would of said the accommodation is on the more expensive side but it depends what type of room you get. It's all self-catered. On-campus and off-campus ensuites are about 120-150 pounds a week. Shared bedrooms (bunk-bed/study bed) are around 80-100 or so. Can't quite rememeber. But all rooms are lovely. 3/4 to double-sized beds, in kitchen. Really nice. Can look at FXU website for accommodation details.

Yeah, Falmouth should be lovely. There are lots of societies based around the sea (as you can imagine) - surfing, sailing, scuba-diving! :smile:
Got my offer from Exeter Graduate LLB a week ago but still nothing from Warwick LLB with Social Sciences :gasp: :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Assan
Got my offer from Exeter Graduate LLB a week ago but still nothing from Warwick LLB with Social Sciences :O :frown:

Why don't you ring their admissions dept? They really should have replied by now.
Why don't you ring their admissions dept? They really should have replied by now.

I emailed them....I inquired as to whether there was a waiting list, seeing as they've neither accepted nor rejected me. They just said that my application is still under consideration....
Hi guys,
I received an offer that was for 300 UCAS points. When you click on the offer on track it says '300 ucas points, typically BBB' - now, I'm not feeling too confident with my one subject and am thinking I may get a C even though I'm predicted higher.... However, my other 2 subjects, I'm feeling my predicted A and B are achievable. So, what I'm asking is, could I still be accepted onto my course with ABC, as opposed to BBB, afterall, it's 300 ucas points, not just a straight up BBB they're asking for. Did they just say 300 points - BBB to show that's an example of what 300 points looks like, but other grade combinations can work too? I realise this may be a dull question but I would be relieved to know! Thanks :smile:
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Hi guys,
I received an offer that was for 300 UCAS points. When you click on the offer on track it says '300 ucas points, typically BBB' - now, I'm not feeling too confident with my one subject and am thinking I may get a C even though I'm predicted higher.... However, my other 2 subjects, I'm feeling my predicted A and B are achievable. So, what I'm asking is, could I still be accepted onto my course with ABC, as opposed to BBB, afterall, it's 300 ucas points, not just a straight up BBB they're asking for. Did they just say 300 points - BBB to show that's an example of what 300 points looks like, but other grade combinations can work too? I realise this may be a dull question but I would be relieved to know! Thanks :smile:

I needed 320 points but on results day I didn't get what I expected so my offer was changed to another course. My head teacher said to show them my reports for subject I fluffed in and I didn't hear anymore as I chose the changed course at the uni I wanted, when I went to enrolment I was pleasantly surprised to hear that I got into my first choice course and due to my determination etc they decided to accept me. Lucky I stuck with that uni or I may never have got that chance. Needed AAB and got cc so don't give up hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending