The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Original post by AR_95
Also I would bet money CM punk ends his short and uneventful career with UFC early (probably 2 or 3 fights at most ) and returns to WWE. Would love him to come back though and there's just so much he could do with the current roster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see him fighting only once, to be honest. The guy seems to be at his best - and happiest - when he's not in such a pressure-cooker environment. I think he's probably bored of the politics of both WWE and UFC. Both organisations are very similar, in truth.
Original post by Mackay
I can see him fighting only once, to be honest. The guy seems to be at his best - and happiest - when he's not in such a pressure-cooker environment. I think he's probably bored of the politics of both WWE and UFC. Both organisations are very similar, in truth.

I agree, but I feel Vince would bend over for CM punk to return and he'd probably be given Brock treatment (aka only fights at PPV's). The much easier schedule, being one of the top guys on the card too, will probably temp him back Tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4722
Enzo/Cass feuding with the Dudleyz is a great start to their main roster career. Hopefully that means a heel Los Matadores will feud with the Usos.
Original post by AR_95
No match will ever eclipse the hype around Cena vs the Rock for WM28 Tbh. Can you imagine a year long build up ffs. I don't think Sting vs Taker would have been as big either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quality over quantity, and it wasn't really a year long build. It was announced on the first day, then it wasn't until November when Rock had a warm-up match, then I think he disappeared again until it was nearly WrestleMania.

Immediately Rock/Austin WM 17 and 15, Austin/HBK, Triple H/Batista, Orton/Taker come to mind as better build.
Reply 4724
SmackDown spoilers. The NXT takeover continues:

- Roman Reigns kicked off the show, reiterating he is neither good nor bad, just the guy. AJ Styles interrupted, and there was a show of respect between the two. The new WWE world heavyweight champion told The Phenomenal One he will never take the title.
- The Vaudevillains def. United States champion Kalisto and Sin Cara.
- Natalya def. Summer Rae. Charlotte sat in on commentary and had a brief post-match staredown.
- New Intercontinental champion The Miz def. Zack Ryder to retain the title after Maryse interfered, exposing a turnbuckle.
- Apollo Crews def. Curtis Axel.
- Backstage, The Dudley Boyz called out Roman Reigns.
- In another backstage promo, Baron Corbin expressed his desire for a rematch with Dolph Ziggler.
- Dean Ambrose def. Tyler Breeze.
- AJ Styles and Cesaro def. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens when Sami Zayn interfered.
After the match, Owens and Zayn brawled, with the former getting the best of the latter. Back in the ring, The Dudley Boyz attacked Styles, only for Reigns to make the save. The babyfaces hesitantly shook hands to end the show.
Reply 4726
Apparently Ambrose and Jericho square off on the ramp on SmackDown, so we can expect a feud between the pair soon.
The New Day are doing a Workout experience in Birmingham on April 16th.

Costs about £165.

Edit: Also one in Royal Docks with Dolph Ziggler on the 18th.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4728
Imagine working out with Xavier Woods.
Original post by Mackay
Imagine working out with Xavier Woods.

What's so good about Xavier and not the other 2.
Reply 4730
Original post by Longshot2000
What's so good about Xavier and not the other 2.

The bloke's just great.
Titus O Neils suspension expires today.
Reply 4732
The Vaudevillians will just be another Ascension on the main roster.
Original post by AR_95
Also I would bet money CM punk ends his short and uneventful career with UFC early (probably 2 or 3 fights at most ) and returns to WWE. Would love him to come back though and there's just so much he could do with the current roster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think Punk will ever return to WWE, seems too proud to even consider returning. Will probably be entered into the HoF after he dies.

When Rock returned before WM27, that got me back into wrestling. But Punk kept me watching. He's in my top 5 of all time. Was remembering this the other day...

Punk and Cena together were ****ing magic. Probably my favourite series of matches between any two wrestlers ever. The only stinker they had was their match on Raw1000, and even that wasn't terrible.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I don't think Punk will ever return to WWE, seems too proud to even consider returning. Will probably be entered into the HoF after he dies.

When Rock returned before WM27, that got me back into wrestling. But Punk kept me watching. He's in my top 5 of all time. Was remembering this the other day...

Basically the same, didn't watch WWE since 2008 until the Rock vs Cena was on. The punk and lesnar is what got me back into wwe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4736
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Punk and Cena together were ****ing magic. Probably my favourite series of matches between any two wrestlers ever. The only stinker they had was their match on Raw1000, and even that wasn't terrible.

The summer of Punk was just unbelievably effective. Made everyone believe in the product so much.
And in fairness the product has come a long way since the start of the pg era but this boo culture is just awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good IC title match on smackdown this week. End of main event was also worth a watch.
Reply 4739
Original post by AR_95
And in fairness the product has come a long way since the start of the pg era but this boo culture is just awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely. That RAW crowd last week was over less with me than Roman is with them.

Quick Reply

Latest