The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Why "darker than caucasians?", why not "lighter blacks?"

Because if I had said someone "lighter than blacks" built the pyramids, that would have inferred that blacks did not build them, wouldn't it? I was EXCLUDING whites as possible architects of those great structures. Defensive much?

I think that the reason why there is a vehement disagreement that "black" people built the pyramids or made any fundamental contribution as great as that, is because black people cannot surely be as advanced as to build such as monstrous structure that has span many centuries. It is also abhorent to even claim that black people may have run the Egyptian Empire. How can these people plagued by "stupidity", disease and poverty be responsible for such great achievements? The undertone of this argument is based on a racist ideology that Africa is a jungle and Africans are just animals, who need to be trained

Ummm, I'm pretty sure I said that my contribution to this discussion was based on assumption that they DID build the pyramids and that they HAVE made fundamental contributions to society, albeit 4,500 years ago.

While I do not profess to know much about the demographics of the UK, I am fairly learned about the demographics of the US. Here are some current American statistics:

According to the US Census Bureau, African Americans make up 12.3% of the population in the US; yet according to the US Department of Commerce, 39.8% of US citizens who receive some kind of welfare in the US are African American ("Welfare" is defined here as "the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits).

Now I'm sure someone is going to try and justify this disparity by saying that blacks in America are disadvantaged by poverty and by the lack of availability of resources that might help them become more self-sufficient. But look at the organized social and educational programs at ANY American high school, community college, or university, and what you will see are clubs, scholarships and subsidies that are not only available to African Americans, but that are ONLY available to African Americans. The same goes for programs designed to help African Americans start a business or purchase a home in the US. I challenge anyone to show me a single such benefit that is available only to white people. Go ahead . . . I'll wait . . .

So African Americans have available to them not only the abundant educational, social and professional resources that are available to US all citizens, but also the myriad of such resources that are available ONLY to them. Yet they are receiving a disproportionate percentage of welfare benefits in the US, they drop out of school at a disproportionate rate, and they commit a disproportionate amount of crime in the United States.

Draw from them whatever conclusions you will, but those are the facts.
Original post by Roofas
The borders of any civilisation ebb and flow over the ages and you can easily find purported borders from the Egyptian Old and Middle Kingdoms. The pyramids in Sudan mentioned in this thread are even more recent than any map I've provided and that lends support to what I advocate, that is to say that Africans did not build the Pyramids, even further.

"The area is divided into three parts by two wadis. The central section seems to be the oldest and contains several tumulus type tombs that predate the Kingdom of Napata. Reisner thought that the earliest tomb, Tum.1, dated back to the time of PharaohSheshonq I of Ancient Egypt (ca. 850 BC) and predates the Kingdom of Napata by some 200 years. At the present scholars (Kendall, Hakem, Totok) think the early cemetery stretches back to the Ramesside period and date the earliest burials to the end of the Twentieth Dynasty of Ancient Egypt (ca 1070 BC), although Kendall has reverted his position and now adheres to a dating closer to the one proposed by Reisner.[2]"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El-Kurru)

I really won't press this matter much further with you because it seems clear from your postings in this thread (and the other one where you mentioned me) that you won't be able to cope with the cognitive dissonance of realising you're wrong. I don't think it'd be fair or the right thing to do for me to utterly destroy this bubble you've created around yourself.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kingdom_of_Egypt)

(http://www.worldbookonline.com/contents/common-content/wbe-content/pc/lg/lr004248.gif)

(http://image.slidesharecdn.com/theegyptianempireii-140813083512-phpapp02/95/the-egyptian-empire-ii-3-638.jpg?cb=1407919038)

again missin my whole point

u post later dynasties and avoid my dna evidence

until u can disprove dna....u lose and im not talkin about the somali one....the other one i posted....why does it say all those other africans if the kingdom didnt stretch that far?

at least post some white pharaohs cuz all i see is black ones...we see no whites until later dynasties...when the greeks came.....why is that?

why did they call themselves kemet which means black land? the symbol is a community sign

answer those 3 questions stop dodging
Original post by Bushido Brown
+1

i dont know why ur in here sidin with people on sensitive racial issues

u aint even black/negro

plus ur ghanaian folks sold em into slavery and still treat em like dirt today
Original post by Roofas
Seeings as you're so fond of Wikipedia:

Why looky here! The ancient Egyptian civilisation spread well into Sudan and its influence reached towards the borders of modern Somalia - who knew!

Oh and would you look at what this bit says!

"According to most scholars, the ancient Land of Punt and its inhabitants formed part of the ethnogenesis of the Somali people.[41][42][43][44]The ancient Puntites were a nation of people that had close relations with Pharaonic Egypt during the times of Pharaoh Sahure and Queen Hatshepsut."

aka: The people from the land in southern Egypt (Punt) contributed to the formation of the Somali people. Punt is known to have had relations with the Ancient Egyptian state.

The Somalians do not pre-date Egypt. The Somali people are the product of reproduction between Ancient Egyptians and other people in that region, hence similarity of their DNA. Somalians are like Mestizos in South America, people living in an area that was essentially colonised by Egyptians who interbred with the 'natives' and other groups already living there. This is known to have happened a considerable time after the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt were build. I really don't understand how you can continue to manipulate information to suit your own desires.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalis#History)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kingdom_of_Egypt)

I'm not a racist and you know it. You're lucky I don't have the mind to report you for such a baseless and loathsome accusation. You are delusional about the state of Africa, stop kidding yourself.

You're racist. You're a stupid crazy racist in fact. To deny any sub-Saharan involvement in Ancient Egypt is just dumb.

How do you explain this?

DNA Analysis of Rameses III and King Tuts family - All of them 97%-Sub-saharan African E1B1A. If you don't trust that, then here is the source of all the information for you to check yourself - peer-reviewed by the British Medical Journal (BMJ).

How did Rameses III depict himself?

Rameses III - battle of Kadesh. (Remember he's E1B1A Sub-saharan African)

Ramesses again III

This time with the Nubians. But the thing is Black people come in all hues of Brown... For example people from Mali are typically darker than Nigerians and Ghanaians from the South for example. As a Black African if I was alive during Rameses III time period I would've depicted myself the same way as Rameses III dark brown, just like 100s of millions of Africans.

Rameses III was running Egypt at its height. Ancient Egypt's Borders ran into the middle east, so common sense suggests there would have been minority non-african populations in Egypt at the time. Furthermore, if Rameses III was running Egypt and he was Sub-Saharan African then it's likely the average Egyptian at the time was just like him i.e of Sub-Saharan descent. Same analysis can be applied to Tut and his family.

You also have the 6000 year old Afro comb at the Fitz William museum
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23995659

Cambridge Researcher Sally Ann Ashton( not sure if she's still there) - putting Egypt within an African context.
[video="youtube;CLoDgDE83rs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLoDgDE83rs[/video]

Black to Kemet Fitz William Museum

Lastly copious amounts of artwork of Ancient Egyptians.

@Latin Beauty
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Latin Beauty
i dont know why ur in here sidin with people on sensitive racial issues

u aint even black/negro

plus ur ghanaian folks sold em into slavery and still treat em like dirt today

???
???

Does ur brain even work

Africans aint black
Does ur brain even work

Africans aint black

You know what the social construct "Black" means right?

lol

lol

Its a fantasy

Real africans dont rock with that

Just brainwashed british and american children

So u gonna take ur plans of success to africa and they will laugh at u

Or

U stay here with ur construct blacks and claim a new ethnicity lmao

Confused
Also

So called blacks in america and the uk aint the same

Yall are african or caribbean

U goin off skin color and the white mans teachings that yall are black and the same

lol
Also

So called blacks in america and the uk aint the same

Yall are african or caribbean

U goin off skin color and the white mans teachings that yall are black and the same

You are correct "black" and "white" are part of a social construct. Even the term "latino or latina" is hated by South Americans. I have a friend from Colombia and she was furious when I called her a beautiful latina. She preferred the term Colombian.

Africans hate the term "black." You ask an African about themselves and they will never use the word "black." On the other hand, "black African" is used to differentiate from other Africans including "white African" or "Asian African" i.e. those with Asian ancestry but from an African nation.
What do you gain from all this rambling? Honestly...

Im confused. Why do u wanna help another nation. When ur own is destroyed
Real ones call themselves by nationality

Fake ones who grow up in america and the uk say latino

But some real ones like me say it just so uneducated clowns like bushido can understand

You are correct "black" and "white" are part of a social construct. Even the term "latino or latina" is hated by South Americans. I have a friend from Colombia and she was furious when I called her a beautiful latina. She preferred the term Colombian.

Africans hate the term "black." You ask an African about themselves and they will never use the word "black." On the other hand, "black African" is used to differentiate from other Africans including "white African" or "Asian African" i.e. those with Asian ancestry but from an African nation.

Good for further exposing bushido as a fake one lmao
Its a fantasy

Real africans dont rock with that

Just brainwashed british and american children

So u gonna take ur plans of success to africa and they will laugh at u

Or

U stay here with ur construct blacks and claim a new ethnicity lmao

Confused

I'm Ghanaian and fully in tune with my culture. I was just raised and brought up in the UK like millions of Africans in the UK. I've been to Ghana before and my family travel across Africa multiple times a year for business purposes. So I'm not "brainwashed". Your just nutty thats the problem.

"So u gonna take ur plans of success to africa and they will laugh at u"

What is this suppose to mean?

"U stay here with ur construct black and claim a new ethnicity lmao"

No, you buffoon. "Claim a new ethnicity?" Are you ****ed in the head? Lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 193
In the US a lot more white people are killed by blacks than black people are killed by whites. Where's the White Lives Matter campaign?
Original post by Howard
In the US a lot more white people are killed by blacks than black people are killed by whites. Where's the White Lives Matter campaign?

White people should start a "White lives matter" campaign, if they choose to do the same. Just because they seem to have chosen not to do it, does not mean that black people should not do start a campaign.

When terrorists destroyed parts of Paris and Belgium, many people from around the world used the "Je suis Paris or Bruxelles" campaign. They cried, mourned and stood strong together with the French and Belgians. Some people did not lament that since ISIS have killed thousands more people in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon than the number killed in France and Belgium, then the people should not stand together with the French and Belgians.

People, like you, keep bringing up reasons why we should not do something. Why don't you think of reasons why something should be done?
Original post by Mr...
I think the #blacklivesmatter movement isn't trying to make other lives irrelevant its more like a #blacklivesmatter(too) movement than a #(only)blacklives matter movement

Not all of black lives matter think like that but from what I have saw people in the movement believe that other people don't matter one Blm supporter at Harvard said that to affirm black life whites Death has to occur.
[video="youtube_share;RC-Cqkq6zWc"]http://youtu.be/RC-Cqkq6zWc[/video]
Reply 196
White people should start a "White lives matter" campaign, if they choose to do the same. Just because they seem to have chosen not to do it, does not mean that black people should not do start a campaign.

When terrorists destroyed parts of Paris and Belgium, many people from around the world used the "Je suis Paris or Bruxelles" campaign. They cried, mourned and stood strong together with the French and Belgians. Some people did not lament that since ISIS have killed thousands more people in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon than the number killed in France and Belgium, then the people should not stand together with the French and Belgians.

People, like you, keep bringing up reasons why we should not do something. Why don't you think of reasons why something should be done?

"People like you" indeed. You don't know me from Adam.
Original post by Howard
"People like you" indeed. You don't know me from Adam.

I apologise. I should not have gotten personal. I don't often get personal on matters. I have had to argue against seeming ignorance from people and this got me emotional.
Reply 198
I apologise. I should not have gotten personal. I don't often get personal on matters. I have had to argue against seeming ignorance from people and this got me emotional.

Apology accepted my friend.
I'm Ghanaian and fully in tune with my culture. I was just raised and brought up in the UK like millions of Africans in the UK. I've been to Ghana before and my family travel across Africa multiple times a year for business purposes. So I'm not "brainwashed". Your just nutty thats the problem.

"So u gonna take ur plans of success to africa and they will laugh at u"

What is this suppose to mean?

"U stay here with ur construct black and claim a new ethnicity lmao"

No, you buffoon. "Claim a new ethnicity?" Are you ****ed in the head? Lol

lmaooo u aint no ghanaian....u are british and thats that

ur development plans in that other thread....real africans would have development plans from the ways of their tribe...not some british kid who wants to be down

yea u would have to claim a new ethnicity...cuz u aint from ghana...u have a british mentality and mannerism....

see how retarded u are i gotta break it down to the core

Latest