The Student Room Group

Are Indian guys wearing red trousers ashamed of their culture?

Basically I have this theory that a lot of Indian guys are ashamed of being Indian. They want to be more white. (Indian girls too - thats why they date 0/10 white guys and reject 10/10 indian guys - but thats for another thread...or four).

So they do things like, sitting around drinking Pimms, watching rugby wearing red trousers. By doing this, they're trying to pretend that they're white. Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby. And red trousers LOL - its just so wrong.

I am an Indian guy and I will never try and hide that. I make fun of my culture all the time and I have mostly quite british mannerisms and behaviours but i don't go out of my way to try and be white.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I was ultimately confused by this thread until I saw who posted it.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Basically I have this theory that a lot of Indian guys are ashamed of being Indian. They want to me more white. (Indian girls too - thats why they date 0/10 white guys and reject 10/10 indian guys - but thats for another thread...or four).

So they do things like, sitting around drinking Pimms, watching rugby wearing red trousers. By doing this, they're trying to pretend that they're white. Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby. And red trousers LOL - its just so wrong.

I am an Indian guy and I will never try and hide that. I make fun of my culture all the time and I have mostly quite british mannerisms and behaviours but i don't go out of my way to try and be white.

What kind of creature wears red trousers?
Original post by Retired_Messiah

This
We call them coconuts :lol:
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Original post by Zain-A
This

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Original post by Lord Samosa
We call them coconuts :lol:

Exactly

Lord Samosa i think we must have been separated at birth.
Reply 7
I think i lost my wallet
@Apache Tyrone - care to contirbute?
@EthereaΪ World - I heard you feel strongly about this?
Original post by Awesome Genius
Basically I have this theory that a lot of Indian guys are ashamed of being Indian. They want to be more white. (Indian girls too - thats why they date 0/10 white guys and reject 10/10 indian guys - but thats for another thread...or four).

PRSOM.

It's so wrong and I can relate to you a lot, White privilege has gone too far. People need to understand and cherish their cultural identity instead of ditching it all to conform to societal norms.
Original post by hezzlington
What kind of creature wears red trousers?

Never seen someone wear red trousers apart from Rey Mysterio and Kane.

It wasn't an attack tho it was a statement of fact about my feelings on this thread.

I have no opinion on indian men wearing red trousers.
Original post by LongshotReturns
Never seen someone wear red trousers apart from Rey Mysterio and Kane.

Matt Bellamy
Red jeans are in fashion
Indian or desi girls thing that you said. Let me tell you, I'm a Pakistani girl and I'm so proud of my heritage and not ashamed at all, other than the human rights breaches in Pakistan.
Reply 15
I know a lot of immigrants who rate Pakistanis over Indians cause Pakistanis dont claim that there British they tell them straight we're Pakistani. It is laughable that u abandon your own culture to bum lick people who robbed and colonized your country only to fit in looool

"When a statement is challenged by making an ad hominem attack on its author, it is important to draw a distinction between whether the statement in question was an argument or a statement of fact. In the latter case the issues of the credibility of the person making the statement may be crucial"
(edited 8 years ago)
I support everyone's rights to be whatever they want to be, whatever colour their skin is, wherever they were born, wherever their parents were born.

They can like cricket or rugby. They can be gay or straight. They can eat curry or roast dinners. They can marry white girls, black girls or anyone.

They can wear red trousers or a ****ing skirt for all I care.

I don't think it's anything to do with being ashamed; I think it should be celebrated that people from different backgrounds or even from the SAME background have a choice over how to live their life and just because YOU make a different choice it doesn't mean they are 'ashamed' and you are 'proud'.

There is a real problem with people being ashamed of their ethnicity/culture for various reasons but an Indian guy wearing red trousers and drinking Pimms really isn't a big ****ing deal.

Just let people do whatever the **** they want, quit judging them, and lose the superiority complex.
Don't try it AG. You once said you don't eat roti. :erm:

I'm Indian and proud. :u:
Original post by undercxver
Don't try it AG. You once said you don't eat roti. :erm:

I'm Indian and proud. :u:

I ate three sugar rotis tonight. I LOVE ROTI.

Latest

Trending

Trending