The Student Room Group

Anyone here take life too seriously

I think I need to lighten up I take life too seriously and never have fun now my family ask me am I feeling pissed off most of the time lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the answer to your problem is gin
Yes, I definitely do.
Exams in June, screw enjoying life, that can be saved for later.

However! You should be serious with your goals, but you still need to create a warm aura around people, and make them feel like you dedicate enough time to them, and that you can have fun with them (they don't want to be dragged down with your seriousness unless they are your co-workers). So learn how to do that and balance both out.
(edited 8 years ago)
The opposite is my problem. I need to take life more seriously :h:.
The opposite here tbh

I got AS in 1.5months I aint even revised yet:tongue:

I sometimes miss a callisthenics workout, dont even do double the next day:tongue:

Wi fi breaks down, I just tidy my room:tongue:

People offend me in real life, I just whip out a few kicks and watch em terrified :tongue:

People offend me on TSR, my memes just annihilate the haters:tongue:

Paid almost min wage at my part time job, havent had a pay rise in 8 months, I just appreciate I got a job:tongue:

As long as I got good music and dance....

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
I don't think I take it seriously enough.
Why take life seriously anyway?
Life is about adventures and exploring and finding treasures!

Spoiler

Enjoying life comes later
Original post by Abstract_Prism

So true
Reply 10

Says every mistaken person ever. Personally think lots of you guys have it the wrong way, being an adult has responsibilities that means you have less time for fun, being a kid you have all the time in the world.

Enjoy your cushy 100k a year job that you hate and have more money than you can need / spend (well the bit that isn't taxed to death)

I think i'd rather have good memories of youth.
Original post by ForestShadow
The opposite here tbh

I sometimes miss a callisthenics workout, dont even do double the next day:tongue:

People offend me in real life, I just whip out a few kicks and watch em terrified :tongue:

Paid almost min wage at my part time job, havent had a pay rise in 8 months, I just appreciate I got a job:tongue:

At least you have really good GCSE's that's something i don't even have, and try to revise more often
Original post by Virgili
Says every mistaken person ever. Personally think lots of you guys have it the wrong way, being an adult has responsibilities that means you have less time for fun, being a kid you have all the time in the world.

Enjoy your cushy 100k a year job that you hate and have more money than you can need / spend (well the bit that isn't taxed to death)

I think i'd rather have good memories of youth.

Responsibilities? What responsibilities?

It is a key part of my life plan to absolutely renounce all responsibilities later on. I don't care if I hate my 100k-a-year job; it's 100k a year! Endure it for a few years and enjoy the rest of your life!

Everything in my life is done with the ultimate goal of having no responsibilities later on.
Reply 13

It is a key part of my life plan to absolutely renounce all responsibilities later on. I don't care if I hate my 100k-a-year job; it's 100k a year! Endure it for a few years and enjoy the rest of your life!

Everything in my life is done with the ultimate goal of having no responsibilities later on.

When? When you're 60 and too old to enjoy the simple pleasures in life? Banging granny, having someone join you on the loo, and your fingers are snapping when you are trying to eat dinner?

Yes, but c'mon man be realistic. I doubt you Will have "no responsibilities " whatsoever.
Original post by Virgili
When? When you're 60 and too old to enjoy the simple pleasures in life? Banging granny, having someone join you on the loo, and your fingers are snapping when you are trying to eat dinner?

True true

Spoiler

Original post by Virgili

By 40, I'm hoping for.
Original post by Questioness
Yes, but c'mon man be realistic. I doubt you Will have "no responsibilities " whatsoever.

But why not, though?

I could not have a wife/kids. That right there would be a huge responsibility that I can avoid. Loans? Well I guess I'll have student loans, but they're repaid easily enough. Mortgage? Sell the house!

I intend just to buy some dirt-cheap flat, live on my own, put half my income into savings, buy property and rent it out, and eventually sell everything and travel the world for the rest of my life.

And there'll be no 'responsibilities' holding me back. No reason it can't happen.
Original post by ForestShadow
The opposite here tbh

I doubt your chicken legs will do any damage. :laugh:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest