The Student Room Group

What's the best paid jobs going?

Hello,

I am currently not in school and won't be until September of this year. I am wanting to find a full time job (40+ hours a week) that will offer good hours (not early shifts or late shifts, preferably 8-4 or 9-5).

My last jobs was at M&S (doing work behind the scene) 6 months ago but left due to moving to Australia. I got paid £6.75 per hour and it was very hard work (I don't mind hard work but £6.75 wasn't enough for how hard the work was). I would preferably want a job that offers £7.20+ per hour.

I am looking for a job in Tunbridge Wells (10 mile radius maximum)

I have 6 GCSE's C level including Maths and English.

I am open to and suggestions and thanks for the help in advance.

- James
Sex worker
Reply 2
Original post by Lucasium
Sex worker

there's always one.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply. How much do they pay for a 17 year old?
Original post by Lucasium
Sex worker

:K:
Original post by stirkee
there's always one.

Shut up, pr*ck
Reply 6
Original post by Sermbezis
Hello,

I am currently not in school and won't be until September of this year. I am wanting to find a full time job (40+ hours a week) that will offer good hours (not early shifts or late shifts, preferably 8-4 or 9-5).

My last jobs was at M&S (doing work behind the scene) 6 months ago but left due to moving to Australia. I got paid £6.75 per hour and it was very hard work (I don't mind hard work but £6.75 wasn't enough for how hard the work was). I would preferably want a job that offers £7.20+ per hour.

- James

If there is a Netto near you I hear that they pay £8 an hour however I think you have to be 18, but just for future reference it is a good place to keep in mind
Reply 7
Original post by CatL8
If there is a Netto near you I hear that they pay £8 an hour however I think you have to be 18, but just for future reference it is a good place to keep in mind

I don't think there is but thank you for the suggestion.
Hello,

- James

Salesperson at a phone shop.

At Three (bear in mind I was part time - 16h/week but the same applies for a 37.5h gig): I earned £8/h base, then the potential of bonuses for customer service (paid quarterly) and target being hit (paid monthly).

For me, I always hit the customer service bonus which was about 25-50% of base pay for 3 months and occasionally hit target which is 25% of base pay per month. For 16 hours a week, I averaged out (which includes quarterly/monthly bonuses) ~£800 a month..

So an equivalent 37.5h worker would make around £2k a month (~£23k/year) averaged out.

Call centres are p. good too.

If you're a people person, look out for recruitment consultant jobs as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

- James

You do realise minimum wage for someone over the age of 25 is £7.20, I highly doubt you will get more than this apart from places such as Aldi and Lidl. Think you need to reassess your situation, also you need to widen your working hours. You can't specify what times you are working, sadly you get what you are given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Princepieman
Salesperson at a phone shop.

At Three (bear in mind I was part time - 16h/week but the same applies for a 37.5h gig): I earned £8/h base, then the potential of bonuses for customer service (paid quarterly) and target being hit (paid monthly).

For me, I always hit the customer service bonus which was about 25-50% of base pay for 3 months and occasionally hit target which is 25% of base pay per month. For 16 hours a week, I averaged out (which includes quarterly/monthly bonuses) ~£800 a month..

So an equivalent 37.5h worker would make around £2k a month (~£23k/year) averaged out.

Call centres are p. good too.

If you're a people person, look out for recruitment consultant jobs as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Is there a certain age you have to be to work in a phone shop like EE, three, vodafone etc...

Thanks,
James
Hi,

Is there a certain age you have to be to work in a phone shop like EE, three, vodafone etc...

Thanks,
James

Got a job at O2 when I was 16, then Three at 17. So no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending