The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dna122
I know a lot of immigrants who rate Pakistanis over Indians cause Pakistanis dont claim that there British they tell them straight we're Pakistani. It is laughable that u abandon your own culture to bum lick people who robbed and colonized your country only to fit in looool

My mother who is fully pakistani and moved over here identifies very proudly she is British.
Original post by ODES_PDES
Red jeans are in fashion

why have you stolen my avatar?
Reply 22
Original post by hezzlington
My mother who is fully pakistani and moved over here identifies very proudly she is British.

And I know a lot of pakistanis who are born over here and identify as Pakistani.
Original post by dna122
And I know a lot of pakistanis who are born over here and identify as Pakistani.

Good for them
Original post by Awesome Genius
why have you stolen my avatar?

This Avatar is from google images, and not yours.
Reply 25
Original post by hezzlington
Good for them

shut up

Yeh but people associate it with me
I ate three sugar rotis tonight. I LOVE ROTI.

Probably the first Indian guy I know that likes roti. :zomg:

I'm proud of you son.
Yeh but people associate it with me

Our "paths" rarely meet.
I had this avatar for 2 months now and it is has never been a problem.
:K:
What is roti?
Is it like nan? do you have it with chicken massala tikka?
Basically I have this theory that a lot of Indian guys are ashamed of being Indian. They want to be more white. (Indian girls too - thats why they date 0/10 white guys and reject 10/10 indian guys - but thats for another thread...or four).

So they do things like, sitting around drinking Pimms, watching rugby wearing red trousers. By doing this, they're trying to pretend that they're white. Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby. And red trousers LOL - its just so wrong.

I am an Indian guy and I will never try and hide that. I make fun of my culture all the time and I have mostly quite british mannerisms and behaviours but i don't go out of my way to try and be white.

No, they wanna be more "American" - they hate the Brits

or its #postcolonialsyndrome
Original post by homeland.lsw
What is roti?
Is it like nan? do you have it with chicken massala tikka?

Its like a less tasty version of naan.
Its like a less tasty version of naan.

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 33
Basically I have this theory that a lot of Indian guys are ashamed of being Indian. They want to be more white. (Indian girls too - thats why they date 0/10 white guys and reject 10/10 indian guys - but thats for another thread...or four).

So they do things like, sitting around drinking Pimms, watching rugby wearing red trousers. By doing this, they're trying to pretend that they're white. Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby. And red trousers LOL - its just so wrong.

I am an Indian guy and I will never try and hide that. I make fun of my culture all the time and I have mostly quite british mannerisms and behaviours but i don't go out of my way to try and be white.

Are Indian guys wearing red trousers ashamed of their culture?

Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby.

lolwut? ^

If you want Indians to be proud of their culture maybe you should go back to burning windows on bonfires? I'm sure Sati is more ingrained in Indian culture than not wearing red trousers. It's definitely more Indian than cricket and football is.

The only thing I can seem to find about 'red trousers' is that the British ruling class wear them to hunting and the like, so if an Indian wears red trousers they are being 'British'? I didn't know people were so delicate and can be 'triggered' by something as simple as a pair of trousers!

Why not go a step further and shun everything that came from Britain. Go back to living without the products of the Industrial Revolution and try to live without every technological innovation and invention that doesn't run on horses.

You can say goodbye to any form of modern medicine and vaccines so enjoy dying aged 35.

India would revert to a state of anarchy and barbarity without Parliamentary Democracy to hold in place - a British governmental structure.

Enjoy watching India collapse into civil war as the advancements and techniques developed during the British Agricultural Revolution are shunned and India's bloated population experiences untold famine and desolation

Freedom of the press is another British societal advancement

The sharing of knowledge through the publishing of scientific journals started in Britain

The formation of modern charitable organisations occurred in Britain

The use of Common Law, obviously is British.

I dare-say slavery would still be rampant across the world without Britain to first outlaw it and then suppress it world-wide using the Royal Navy.

But by all means stop appropriating British and European culture and embrace whatever tribal Indian customs you want.
Original post by Roofas
Are Indian guys wearing red trousers ashamed of their culture?

Basically all indian guys should like cricket and football. Not rugby.

lolwut? ^

If you want Indians to be proud of their culture maybe you should go back to burning windows on bonfires? I'm sure Sati is more ingrained in Indian culture than not wearing red trousers. It's definitely more Indian than cricket and football is.

The only thing I can seem to find about 'red trousers' is that the British ruling class wear them to hunting and the like, so if an Indian wears red trousers they are being 'British'? I didn't know people were so delicate and can be 'triggered' by something as simple as a pair of trousers!

Why not go a step further and shun everything that came from Britain. Go back to living without the products of the Industrial Revolution and try to live without every technological innovation and invention that doesn't run on horses.

You can say goodbye to any form of modern medicine and vaccines so enjoy dying aged 35.

India would revert to a state of anarchy and barbarity without Parliamentary Democracy to hold in place - a British governmental structure.

Enjoy watching India collapse into civil war as the advancements and techniques developed during the British Agricultural Revolution are shunned and India's bloated population experiences untold famine and desolation

Freedom of the press is another British societal advancement

The sharing of knowledge through the publishing of scientific journals started in Britain

The formation of modern charitable organisations occurred in Britain

The use of Common Law, obviously is British.

I dare-say slavery would still be rampant across the world without Britain to first outlaw it and then suppress it world-wide using the Royal Navy.

But by all means stop appropriating British and European culture and embrace whatever tribal Indian customs you want.

100% of british people use soap
100% of british people use vaccines
<1% of british people sit around drinking pimms, watching rugby, wearing red trousers and saying things like "old chap"

Therefore, indians doing it are only trying to imitate what they think posh white people do.

In all seriousness I would change it for your own sake. It's like the connotations of it for people. People will associate you with the OP, and well have you read the drivel he spouts on here ?
Original post by Ethereal World
In all seriousness I would change it for your own sake. It's like the connotations of it for people. People will associate you with the OP, and well have you read the drivel he spouts on here ?

I do not frequent his threads but if I find something else I will change it.
Thanks!:smile:
I like my India and I wear red trousers

Except for the fact that chinos/khakis are historically an Indian material based piece of clothing. This includes red ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest