The Student Room Group

No social media accounts? What!?

Scroll to see replies

NO, it's normal especially to those who who's not techy.
Nothing wrong with that. I used to be addicted to it, but I never use it anymore. But stil, having Facebook to get in connect with courses mates for example is handy.

These days, I just use Instagram and snapchat from time to time :mmm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgili
You got me

Tbh i just mine for stalking purposes ha ha
I only use Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. :moon:

I would kind of find it a bit weird if they didn't have any but its nothing to be fussed about
if they didn't have any social media.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I only use Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. :moon:

I would kind of find it a bit weird if they didn't have any but its nothing to be fussed about
if they didn't have any social media.

Only? And you dont use fb?
Original post by Stk1010
Would you think it's strange if someone in this day of age had no social media accounts? No kind of online presence at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No

If they don't have Skype, Whatsapp only then is it fishy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I have Facebook and instagram to pree. I am one of those people that has had the same Facebook profile picture for years and I upload pictures on insta every few months. I have like 40 followers on twitter, half of them I do not know and they've just followed me. I've been on twitter for years and haven't bothered to search for anyone I know. I've realised I only ever tweet when i'm hungry or tired. Never really been one to divulge every detail of my day to day life.

All in all everyone I need to be in contact with is on my what's app list. It was actually really refreshing to be in a relationship with someone with no online presence, so no I don't find it weird.
Original post by Anonymous
No i dont...
i have no online presence at all and want it to stay that way.
nothing comes up if you google my name except an art award i got once :smile:

That's an awesome life! I'm sure people don't know that when you post stuff on the internet other databases automatically get it and post it without your permission as well. Especially if you don't keep it private. Unless you're a celebrity why do that? And if it's private there's still randos out there doing god knows what ...to your waffle with ice cream photo lol
I don't have social media, or rather I don't use social media, my facebook profile is still up there, somewhere, but there is a story behind that. I have wondered what would people think of me or expect of me when they find out I don't bother
I only have Facebook and Twitter. I barely use them tbh.
I don't think it's strange. Life doesn't evolve around social media.
Original post by hezzlington
Only? And you dont use fb?

I can understand to some that might seem a lot :laugh:
Nah, I don't use facebook never was a fan of it. :dontknow:
I might as well be one of those people. I have Twitter and FB accounts I rarely ever use. I still don't even know what Instagram and some of these other ridiculous ones are. I just post on the odd forum like here, Imdb and DS.
Reply 52
Only use TSR and snapchat... No need for any other social networking sites. If I need to know what my mates are doing, they'll tell me. And I don't really care if a celeb has coffee for breakfast :colonhash:
I used to be a social media addict. I used to use twitter and facebook all the time, I stopped using them now I have lost in contact with my school friends :frown: I want to start using twitter again but it's so hard to get back on it because I haven't used it in nearly a year now :redface:
I also don't have an instagram because I look weird/ugly in pictures but for some reason, everyone assumes I have one?!
Reply 54
Original post by samina_ay
Tbh i just mine for stalking purposes ha ha

This is why I don't have one, have to preserve the mystery :smile:
I'd consider it admirable. Social media is poison.

He says on a social media site.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
He says on a social media site.

what
what

You said social media is poison on a social media platform. Not too difficult to understand.
Original post by Virgili
This is why I don't have one, have to preserve the mystery :smile:

ayyy, you'd be boring to stalk anyway :frown:
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
You said social media is poison on a social media platform. Not too difficult to understand.

I don't understand what you are getting at.

Social media is poison. I use social media. Alcohol is poison. I drink a lots of alcohol.

Poison is fun.

what's your point.

Quick Reply

Latest