The Student Room Group

40 days till my exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aaliyah.97
Same 40 days until my maths exam and I'm so scared and nervous I'm so sure I can't do all the work and revision before the exams I'm so not ready. Good luck.

Have you tried making a revision timetable to help plan out your revision? I made one for my A2 revision, and it helped me hugely :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by preetg97
4 A's and a C at AS and A*A*A*Aa at A2 :smile:

So clearly you're naturally gifted!!! I can't say the same for me
Thank you. I'm jus so sure I'm not passing this year. Need all the luck I can get

Don't be de-motivated. Get your head down, revise as hard as you can and see what happens! But don't put yourself down before you've even done it. Don't plan to fail! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Last year I revised for probably around 4 days (very bad revision, no past papers, just memorising) before my history exam and ended up with a C in both exams (DO NOT DO THAT, I'M AN IDIOT! I let myself become ridiculously stressed and that is why I'm re-sitting this year XD). But if 4 days was enough to get a C :redface: and you have more time than that, so I promise you can get a very good grade. Just focus hard and work you socks off.

okay omg that gives me hope. i hope u do well in ur re-sit
Original post by Leviathan1741
Have you tried making a revision timetable to help plan out your revision? I made one for my A2 revision, and it helped me hugely :smile:

hey Levi. And no I'm so bad at sticking to timetable. I'm kind of stressing way too much about it and hardly getting anything done.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Don't be de-motivated. Get your head down, revise as hard as you can and see what happens! But don't put yourself down before you've even done it. Don't plan to fail! :smile:

I will try not. It's hard when I've already started to admit I will fail. But that's true it's not done and anything could happen.
Original post by preetg97
4 A's and a C at AS and A*A*A*Aa at A2 :smile:

ah wow!! well done - you've certainly gave me hope that i can actually pass :smile:

Original post by maccaism
I'm doing modern britain 1960's to 2000's and tsarist russia

ah, never studied anything DIRECTLY to do with russia :'(
okay omg that gives me hope. i hope u do well in ur re-sit

Here is some more "hope". I didn't revise at all for English literature. (I got some notes off my friend before the exam began) I ended up with a C as well (also re-sitting) :redface:

I was terrible last year! :redface: I'm embarrassed to even write this out....:redface:

But honestly it was the anxiety, I got so ridiculously anxious it stopped me from revising. Don't fall into that trap.
Reply 28
Original post by patronusleviosa
ah wow!! well done - you've certainly gave me hope that i can actually pass :smile:

ah, never studied anything DIRECTLY to do with russia :'(

i envy you,

had to do it at gcse as well. hate it with a passion
hey Levi. And no I'm so bad at sticking to timetable. I'm kind of stressing way too much about it and hardly getting anything done.

Don't give up Aaliyah, it's important to stay positive! Have a go anyway and see how you do, it might just work. Divide the 40 days you have left by the number of maths topics you need to revise, to work out roughly how long to dedicate to each topic. Include some time for past papers too :smile:
AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BRICKING IT!!!!!

I HAVEN'T STARTED MY REVISION (I DO ART, MATHS, HISTORY AND ENGLISH)

I'm planning to learn my content until 2 weeks before the exam, then start doing past papers.

Can I still do well?

I've got less than 3 weeks to revise for my uni exams. I've got about 850 pages of notes :redface: 40 days is more than enough for a levels lol
Don't give up Aaliyah, it's important to stay positive! Have a go anyway and see how you do, it might just work. Divide the 40 days you have left by the number of maths topics you need to revise, to work out roughly how long to dedicate to each topic. Include some time for past papers too :smile:

I will try. And thanks a lot for the advice. I will stay calm and try not panic and I will TRY to revise as much as I can. Thanks.
NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!

You will be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by langlitz
I've got less than 3 weeks to revise for my uni exams. I've got about 850 pages of notes :redface: 40 days is more than enough for a levels lol

I wish you the very best!

How are you planning on tackling it ? :redface: Not moving from your desk for the next 3 weeks:colondollar:
Reply 34
Original post by langlitz

JESUS i feel bad for complaining lool. what course at uni are yo udoing?
I will try. And thanks a lot for the advice. I will stay calm and try not panic and I will TRY to revise as much as I can. Thanks.

Best of luck, you can do it :hugs:
Reply 36
Original post by Platopus
NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!

You will be fine.

I HAVE SO MUCH ADRENALINE I ALMOST WANT TO START REVISING NOW! but i better get to bed, i need to wake up early tomorrow
Best of luck, you can do it :hugs:

Aww thanks
JESUS i feel bad for complaining lool. what course at uni are yo udoing?

Chemical Physics haha, so I've got 2 chemistry courses, statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and electromagnetism :frown:
Thats fine- I'd focus on past papers and examiner's reports and getting to know your texts. I've just started geog revision and just highlighting key points in my revision guide so I don't forget. We can do this!!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest