The Student Room Group

Anyone here take life too seriously

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I'm trying to stop taking life so seriously. Getting out of my head and into my dancing shoes.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I doubt your chicken legs will do any damage. :laugh:

But for infos sake

1) My average roundhouse was quick and strong enough to floor my trainer last night (who teaches blackbelts):tongue:

2) I know you lift and all but callisthenics isnt just weight push ups and pulls up and sit ups and bar work, theres pistol squats, weighted squats, glute bridge, reverse calf raises etc etc:biggrin:

Do you do any martial art btw? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mscaffrey
Yeah, I'm trying to stop taking life so seriously. Getting out of my head and into my dancing shoes.

Oooooooooooo what style of dance?:s-smilie:
I take it way too seriously and I no doubt believe that my mind set has caused me to have or at least worsened my OCD and panic disorder. I'm one of those people that can find a negative and worry in anything and can't just ever go with the flow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestShadow

But for infos sake

1) My average roundhouse was quick and strong enough to floor my trainer last night (who teaches blackbelts):tongue:

2) I know you lift and all but callisthenics isnt just weight push ups and pulls up and sit ups and bar work, theres pistol squats, weighted squats, glute bridge, reverse calf raises etc etc:biggrin:

Do you do any martial art btw? :s-smilie:

Yeah, I'm all for people doing what they :heart:

I'm joking dude.. don't take me seriously :lol:
Just do what you enjoy, you're probably more active than most people. :smile:

I workout 4-5x/week at the gym and 1-2x/week do Muay Thai.
I've been doing Martial arts for nearly 1/2 a year but prefer :dumbells:
more in general as its more enjoyable. :tongue:

Its a pain juggling everything, especially close to exam time. #struggles
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, I'm all for people doing what they :heart:

I'm joking dude.. don't take me seriously :lol:
Just do what you enjoy, you're probably more active than most people. :smile:

I workout 4-5x/week at the gym and 1-2x/week do Muay Thai.
I've been doing Martial arts for nearly 1/2 a year but prefer :dumbells:
more in general as its more enjoyable. :tongue:

Its a struggle juggling everything, especially close to exam time. #struggles

You workout 5 times a week and do muay thai 2 rimes huh try me:colonhash:

Breakdancing 5 days a week
Callisthenics 6 days a week
Jeet Kune Do 1 or 2 days a week
(badminton once a week)
(table tennis everyday)
(swimming once a week)
(running once a week)
AS exams in 1.5 months and I literally havent even started

#struggles:tongue:

Not a competition ofc, Im sure youre massive and have a more tiring life, just thought Id tell you a lil about me :biggrin:

Muay thai looks pretty effective indeed, Im a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do, have been for almost 4 years now and i know you know that one:wink: since you got Bruce Lee all over your profile. :biggrin:

Shame he died at only 32, couldve been so much more....:tongue:

His philosophies were so advanced yet simple
(edited 7 years ago)
In the words of a wise man, you were once shoved headfirst through a vagina. Lighten up.
The opposite here tbh

I got AS in 1.5months I aint even revised yet:tongue:

I sometimes miss a callisthenics workout, dont even do double the next day:tongue:

Wi fi breaks down, I just tidy my room:tongue:

People offend me in real life, I just whip out a few kicks and watch em terrified :tongue:

People offend me on TSR, my memes just annihilate the haters:tongue:

Paid almost min wage at my part time job, havent had a pay rise in 8 months, I just appreciate I got a job:tongue:

As long as I got good music and dance....

Lol
Reply 28
Tbh I'm similar to you, I worry too much about little things and spend so much time trying to be perfect.
Whats sad is that many of us will settle down eventually and end up in the rat race; achieving only mediocrity:

Full time dead end office job, kids, wife, bills, mortgage, etc.

I'm currently in Neverland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Abstract_Prism
But why not, though?

I could not have a wife/kids. That right there would be a huge responsibility that I can avoid. Loans? Well I guess I'll have student loans, but they're repaid easily enough. Mortgage? Sell the house!

I intend just to buy some dirt-cheap flat, live on my own, put half my income into savings, buy property and rent it out, and eventually sell everything and travel the world for the rest of my life.

And there'll be no 'responsibilities' holding me back. No reason it can't happen.

No kids, partner or house? Damn you'll be lonely. I'd prefer to travel young, 40 year old me would sure miss out on those Slavic girls...
Enjoying life comes later

when you're dead?

Spoiler

Reply 32
Original post by jblackmoustache
Whats sad is that many of us will settle down eventually and end up in the rat race; achieving only mediocrity:

Full time dead end office job, kids, wife, bills, mortgage, etc.

I'm currently in Neverland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or refuse to play the game, find another source of income (most people work for income but income isn't based on work it's based on value) don't drag yourself down with mortgage and kids etc.
You workout 5 times a week and do muay thai 2 rimes huh try me:colonhash:

Breakdancing 5 days a week
Callisthenics 6 days a week
Jeet Kune Do 1 or 2 days a week
(badminton once a week)
(table tennis everyday)
(swimming once a week)
(running once a week)
AS exams in 1.5 months and I literally havent even started

#struggles:tongue:

Not a competition ofc, Im sure youre massive and have a more tiring life, just thought Id tell you a lil about me :biggrin:

Muay thai looks pretty effective indeed, Im a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do, have been for almost 4 years now and i know you know that one:wink: since you got Bruce Lee all over your profile. :biggrin:

Shame he died at only 32, couldve been so much more....:tongue:

His philosophies were so advanced yet simple

Wow, that is quite a lot to juggle. :gasp:
How come you haven't started? What subjects? How many exams do you have?

Everyone has different interests :lol: Nah, I'm not "massive" I'm just stronger than yesterday but weaker than where I want to be in 4-5 years time :laugh: The truth is nobody ever becomes as big as they want to be as a natty. :biggrin:

Yeah, we share similar interests w/martial arts.
Yeah, I only have space for 2 people...
1 = Zyzz (father of aesthetics) + 2) Bruce Lee (father of mma) :tongue:

He was simply made for another generation. :moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgili
No kids, partner or house? Damn you'll be lonely. I'd prefer to travel young, 40 year old me would sure miss out on those Slavic girls...

I'm sure I'll be fine :smile: Kids I can only see as annoying burdens anyway, and a partner? More hassle than what they're worth imo. Seen far too many failures of relationships for me to trust in them. And a house? Well, who needs a house when you're travelling?! :biggrin: Especially when you're living alone; anything larger than a flat would be superfluous. I will own houses, but I will rent them out to other people, which will steadily pay off the mortgages for me, and eventually I'll sell them to cover the rest of the mortgages and make a profit.

Everyone else says how they wanna see the world and everything, but they're all gonna end up married/with kids/bound by loans. I think I'm the only one who really has the desire to live a completely free life with no responsibilities, and actually see the world.
Reply 35
I'm sure I'll be fine :smile: Kids I can only see as annoying burdens anyway, and a partner? More hassle than what they're worth imo. Seen far too many failures of relationships for me to trust in them. And a house? Well, who needs a house when you're travelling?! :biggrin: Especially when you're living alone; anything larger than a flat would be superfluous. I will own houses, but I will rent them out to other people, which will steadily pay off the mortgages for me, and eventually I'll sell them to cover the rest of the mortgages and make a profit.

Everyone else says how they wanna see the world and everything, but they're all gonna end up married/with kids/bound by loans. I think I'm the only one who really has the desire to live a completely free life with no responsibilities, and actually see the world.

I'm actually doing the same as you haha, I would want a partner though and maybe kids but i'll never be wealthy enough to afford the kind of house I want so why bother? Might as well travel. Idk, i'd only settle down to a place I had a genuine affection for, and in the modern world I sincerely doubt i'll ever find one.

I kind of feel like our generation has been plagued with this desire to have so many experiences, older generations had a much simpler life being content in their native villages etc

Also when a lot of people say world they mean a Brit infested beach resort in Spain or some Greek nightclub sleeping with some lad from Leeds. Hardly seeing the world. I don't see the point in travelling if you aren't meeting the locals, learning about new cultures, eating the local food, doing new things, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by jblackmoustache
Also when a lot of people say world they mean a Brit infested beach resort in Spain or some Greek nightclub sleeping with some lad from Leeds. Hardly seeing the world. I don't see the point in travelling if you aren't meeting the locals, learning about new cultures, eating the local food, doing new things, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imo I love the little towns and villages few people go to, the ones that are just completely ignored due to poor tourism industry but actually have beautiful architecture, traditions and just wow.

I mean we do have some in England we often overlook because we live here but modern capitalism has replaced a lot of our old traditions and structures with multinationals and celebrity worship.
Wow, that is quite a lot to juggle. :gasp:
How come you haven't started? What subjects? How many exams do you have?

I havent started because Im just wayyyyy to chill about it I guess? :biggrin:

I dont even know what Ive done all Easter apart from my sports and dance. How much have you studied this break and what for?

Im doing 4 subjects ultimately, geo, bio, chem and maths

But this AS year becuase of funny reforms in education system Im only doing 2 Geo and Maths so I guess that may be a factor to why Im so chill:tongue:
The truth is nobody ever becomes as big as they want to be as a natty. :biggrin:
This is a really good point I see ppl take mad amounts of supplements and do insane diets and workouts but it just doesnt happen, ppl need to realise theres a limit to what you can do and the timescale is vast to build muscle correctly and efficiently :redface:

Yeah, we share similar interests w/martial arts.Yeah, I only have space for 2 people...1 = Zyzz (father of aesthetics) + 2) Bruce Lee (father of mma) :tongue:He was simply made for another generation. :moon:
Ah nice role modelss, zyzz died due to a heart attack in a sauna right?He died at 22, even younger than Lee, smh:frown:

I havent started because Im just wayyyyy to chill about it I guess? :biggrin:

I dont even know what Ive done all Easter apart from my sports and dance. How much have you studied this break and what for?

Im doing 4 subjects ultimately, geo, bio, chem and maths

But this AS year becuase of funny reforms in education system Im only doing 2 Geo and Maths so I guess that may be a factor to why Im so chill:tongue:
This is a really good point I see ppl take mad amounts of supplements and do insane diets and workouts but it just doesnt happen, ppl need to realise theres a limit to what you can do and the timescale is vast to build muscle correctly and efficiently :redface:

Ah nice role modelss, zyzz died due to a heart attack in a sauna right?He died at 22, even younger than Lee, smh:frown:

Just noticed your Asian :redface: In that case you better start preparing your grave on results day just encase :laugh: :rip:

I've been grinding hard since November but stepped it up in January. I only have my applied modules to master but other than that I'm ready for my exams. I need A*A*-A*A in Maths + Physics in any order to get into my Firm.

Oh, your lucky since you have exam reforms in your favour this year but be warned to step up next year in your A2. Yeah, you can only build so much muscle in a certain time frame. :dumbells: is a important in life as it correlates to the things we want to achieve taking years before we can finally achieve them.

Yeah....:cry2: #restinprotein

Quick Reply