The Student Room Group

University (First Year) Mechanics help!

Hey guys,

I'm a first year aerospace engineering student.
We've been doing Mechanics 1 this semester and I don't understand a single thing in it..

I've tried using the Meriam & Kraige (7th Edition) dynamics book to help me out. However, as there are no worked solutions to the questions I dont know where I go wrong?

Does anyone know of a place from which I could get (lots of) model questions and answers so that I maybe able to practice??

Also, I think there's a thing called an instructors manual for the Meriam & Kraige book. If anyone has a link to it could you be kind enough to share it?

Thanks!
An individual in need of a lot of help...
Reply 1
Original post by aeroecaps
Hey guys,

We've been doing Mechanics 1 this semester and I don't understand a single thing in it..

I've tried using the Meriam & Kraige (7th Edition) dynamics book to help me out. However, as there are no worked solutions to the questions I dont know where I go wrong?

Does anyone know of a place from which I could get (lots of) model questions and answers so that I maybe able to practice??

Also, I think there's a thing called an instructors manual for the Meriam & Kraige book. If anyone has a link to it could you be kind enough to share it?

Thanks!

Maybe this book (generally very well regarded by engineers)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Engineering-Mathematics-K-Stroud/dp/1137031204/
Or
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Engineering-Mathematics-K-Stroud/dp/0230275486/

Check your library for copies...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2

Appreciate the reply! Thanks.

But I'm looking for help with regards to Mechanics not Maths.
I do use those books for my Math modules and they are top notch!
Reply 3
Appreciate the reply! Thanks.

But I'm looking for help with regards to Mechanics not Maths.
I do use those books for my Math modules and they are top notch!

Ah, ok! Can't help you further then. :frown:

But maybe Google can...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys,

Thanks!

You have tried seeing if there are any decent Youtube videos that might help? A good mechanics channel is called "Structure Free" or something along that lines.

Quick Reply

Latest