The Student Room Group

Can a woman be happy without a man?

Scroll to see replies

Yeaah, I think it's more about love equalling happiness, whether it's a man or a woman and whether it's from just your friends/ family or a partner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Yep... 18 years without a boyfriend. Can't say that I'm particularly fussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jibola240
Eh. Fair enough.

But I absolutely agree with your point on companionship.

Most of us crave intimacy and there is nobody who can be there for you quite like an intimate partner. It makes us happier. Why else would the vast majority of the population pair up?

The reality is that many women really do want to meet a guy, get married and have children. They want traditional families. For some reason there is a certain stigma attached to this.

:wink:
Original post by Katty3
Yep... 18 years without a boyfriend. Can't say that I'm particularly fussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha :tongue: that's not even that uncommon.

Do you think you could go through your whole life without a man?
Reply 84
Original post by stefano865
haha :tongue: that's not even that uncommon.

Do you think you could go through your whole life without a man?

Yes, quite easily. I don't want sex with anyone, and I don't really care about ever being in a romantic relationship. Friends are more important to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Yes, quite easily. I don't want sex with anyone, and I don't really care about ever being in a romantic relationship. Friends are more important to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting. :smile:

So are you asexual?

You have friends. You could use a sperm donor if you wanted kids. No need for a man.

Perfect example.
Reply 86
Original post by stefano865
Interesting. :smile:

So are you asexual?

You have friends. You could use a sperm donor if you wanted kids. No need for a man.

Perfect example.

Yep. Completely ace. Exactly. I do want kids so I probably will get pregnant with donor sperm. Other than the effects of poverty, there are no disadvantages of growing up in a single parent household.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by muzi123
lol But how old r u ?

16, 17 soon.
Reply 88
Original post by Wickerish
No.

Women are biologically hard wired to use men to get what they want.

No women is truly happy without male attention.

In b4 lesbians.....lesbians are exactly the same actually. Some of them are butch and and some are femme, or top and bottom. It's the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asexual. I don't want sex and my friendships are more important than any romance that may ever occur. I don't feel sexual attraction to anyone, male or female.

I don't need a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Asexual. I don't want sex and my friendships are more important than any romance that may ever occur. I don't feel sexual attraction to anyone, male or female.

I don't need a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're young so you do not have much life experience, but as you get older you will sing a different tune and agree with me.
Reply 90
Original post by Blue_Mason
You're young so you do not have much life experience, but as you get older you will sing a different tune and agree with me.

Yeah no. I don't think so somehow. I'm 18. I think I'm old enough to know that I'm asexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Absolutely. I've had my hormones checked (for something unrelated to my asexuality). Absolutely normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if they're straight then it would help, but it's not absolutely necessary
A woman being happy and whether she's with a man are two seperate entities - they can exist together, but they can definitely exist seperately also (a woman can be unhappy with a man, also).

In other words, of course. :lol:
Original post by Katty3

I don't need a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe so but the stats say that the strong likelihood is that at some point the call of reproductive imperative will be too great for you to resist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Wickerish
Maybe so but the stats say that the strong likelihood is that at some point the call of reproductive imperative will be too great for you to resist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you know there's something called artificial insemination right? I can get pregnant without having sex. I can have kids without having sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, my mother lives alone and is happy after divorce with my father :h:
Original post by Katty3
Yeah you know there's something called artificial insemination right? I can get pregnant without having sex. I can have kids without having sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but what kind of mother would bring up her children in a single household?
You cannot provide enough financial and emotional support.
You cannot teach your son in how to become a man
Yes, but what kind of mother would bring up her children in a single household?
You cannot provide enough financial and emotional support.
You cannot teach your son in how to become a man

Lmao I turned out just fine, so do many others in single parent households, wat u been on
But your argument cannot apply to straight women.
Straight women need and want men,as men provide and protect.

Please expand on your claim. Are you implying that women cannot provide for and protect themselves?

Quick Reply

Latest