The Student Room Group

Best bollywood movies!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Oh god, I think Namastey London actually!

Really, that far back? Well at least it was an awesome film like that instead of something rubbish like Chennai Express!

You do have several years of great Bollywood films to catch up on though, lol. :smile:
Original post by asif007
Really, that far back? Well at least it was an awesome film like that instead of something rubbish like Chennai Express!

You do have several years of great Bollywood films to catch up on though, lol. :smile:

I thought chennai express was a good movie, it's so funny!!
Original post by asif007

chennai express was fab :yes: compare to namasty london
That one where Hrithik Roshan dies and his clone takes over and falls in love with the actress and it was never explained how
Original post by KaurNav
I thought chennai express was a good movie, it's so funny!!

Lots of my South Indian friends enjoyed it - they seemed to be able to relate to the Tamil humour a bit better. But SRK was so god-awful in that film, trying too hard to be funny. Happy New Year was only slightly better.

Original post by fatima1998
chennai express was fab :yes: compare to namasty london

That's something else we disagree on. Akshay is a better comedian - look how many great comedy films he's made. SRK makes one comedy that isn't funny and everyone fools themselves into thinking it was good. It wasn't.
Original post by yoda123
That one where Hrithik Roshan dies and his clone takes over and falls in love with the actress and it was never explained how

Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
Original post by asif007
Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai

that's the one!
Original post by asif007
Lots of my South Indian friends enjoyed it - they seemed to be able to relate to the Tamil humour a bit better. But SRK was so god-awful in that film, trying too hard to be funny. Happy New Year was only slightly better.

That's something else we disagree on. Akshay is a better comedian - look how many great comedy films he's made. SRK makes one comedy that isn't funny and everyone fools themselves into thinking it was good. It wasn't.

i am sorry :redface:
but i disagree with you completely...
i hardly watch Akshay's movies...
but its your choice so its good :thumbsup:
Original post by asif007

Oh no this was recently. I've watched some of the new ones and find that they aren't good as the older ones.
Here are a few of my favourites that I haven't seen pop up yet after 'flicking' through the thread.

Ishq -one of the first movies I watched and I was hooked on that stuff

Judwaa

Koi Mil Gaya

Main Hoon Na

Hum Tum

Tere Naam - Nothing has ever made me so sad.

Race - especially because of that sublime song :coma:

New York

Aakrosh - The Shetty double act one

Humraaz

Nayak

Bunty Aur Babli

Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya

Gupt

Ajnabee

36 China Town

Mohabbatein - If it has both style and substance, I don't care how long it is.

Edit: add Gopi Kishan and Koyla to the list as well

Edit 2: I had Swades in my mind the other day but I just realised it's not the list...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fatima1998
i am sorry :redface:
but i disagree with you completely...
i hardly watch Akshay's movies...
but its your choice so its good :thumbsup:

Well I think that's just silly. Akshay makes more films in all genres than any other Bollywood actor - anyone who doesn't watch or dislikes his films is ignorant. There's a reason why Akshay explored the whole comedy genre over 10 years while SRK has only made 3 comedies.

Oh no this was recently. I've watched some of the new ones and find that they aren't good as the older ones.

Oh ok. Better late than never! Which recent films did you see? Why do you prefer the older ones over them?
Original post by RVNmax
Here are a few of my favourites that I haven't seen pop up yet after 'flicking' through the thread.

Ishq -one of the first movies I watched and I was hooked on that stuff

Judwaa

Koi Mil Gaya

Main Hoon Na

Hum Tum

Tere Naam - Nothing has ever made me so sad.

Race - especially because of that sublime song :coma:

New York

Aakrosh - The Shetty double act one

Humraaz

Nayak

Bunty Aur Babli

Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya

Gupt

Ajnabee

36 China Town

Mohabbatein - If it has both style and substance, I don't care how long it is.

Edit: add Gopi Kishan and Koyla to the list as well

Some awesome choices here, including a few I haven't seen!

There can't be a single Bollywood fan who hasn't fallen in love with your favourite song from Race, haha. :smile:

Original post by asif007
Well I think that's just silly. Akshay makes more films in all genres than any other Bollywood actor - anyone who doesn't watch or dislikes his films is ignorant. There's a reason why Akshay explored the whole comedy genre over 10 years while SRK has only made 3 comedies.

Oh ok. Better late than never! Which recent films did you see? Why do you prefer the older ones over them?

I watched it a long time ago but my sister was watching it so I just watched it with her. And I feel as if the newer ones have declined in quality, some of them are literally flops at the cinema and it never seems to be as engaging and gripping as ten years previously.
probably been mentioned already but I really liked Chennai Express and Ram-Leela. I thought Dedh Ishqiya was great too, so beautifully put together

Original post by Student403
3 Idiots

just watched this, cotdamn

I was catching feels left right and centre

It's also the first time I've seen engineers be useful since Apollo 13
I watched it a long time ago but my sister was watching it so I just watched it with her. And I feel as if the newer ones have declined in quality, some of them are literally flops at the cinema and it never seems to be as engaging and gripping as ten years previously.

If you're comparing the films from 10 years ago to something like Mastizaade or Grand Masti, yeah the quality has declined a lot. But those types of cheap films are in the minority. You need only look at some of the top films of 2015 e.g. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Baby, Drishyam, Badlapur, Bajirao Mastani - all of which are on par with (if not better than) the films from 10 years ago.
Original post by asif007
If you're comparing the films from 10 years ago to something like Mastizaade or Grand Masti, yeah the quality has declined a lot. But those types of cheap films are in the minority. You need only look at some of the top films of 2015 e.g. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Baby, Drishyam, Badlapur, Bajirao Mastani - all of which are on par with (if not better than) the films from 10 years ago.

I might do when I get time, school takes a lot of time out of my social life so ywah thanks for the list. What is your favourite all time favourite Bollywood film?
Original post by asif007

then there will be an awful lot of people whom you called ignorant!
everyone has different taste and i think YOU should respect that :yes:
Original post by asif007
Hard to decide really as I watch so many. But it would probably be one of the first ones I ever watched like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or DDLJ. :smile:

Lol, no the only ignorant person is you. Akshay Kumar didn't become the Khiladi and doing 4 projects a year if people didn't watch his films. If you watch everyone else's films but ignore him when he makes more films than any other actor, by definition that's just stupid. No one can call themselves a fan of Bollywood without watching some of Akshay's films.

It's just like all the ignorant people in amateurish dance groups who watch all of SRK's films and ignore every other actor. What you're doing is no different to them.

That is true. Nothing can beat the older Bollywood films.
Original post by asif007
Hard to decide really as I watch so many. But it would probably be one of the first ones I ever watched like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or DDLJ. :smile:

Lol, no the only ignorant person is you. Akshay Kumar didn't become the Khiladi and doing 4 projects a year if people didn't watch his films. If you watch everyone else's films but ignore him when he makes more films than any other actor, by definition that's just stupid. No one can call themselves a fan of Bollywood without watching some of Akshay's films.

It's just like all the ignorant people in amateurish dance groups who watch all of SRK's films and ignore every other actor. What you're doing is no different to them.

when did i said i only watch SRK's movies???? please let me know if i have!
i just watch movies generally... i dont give a damn about actors, there are many actors we can't ignore!
i am not obsessed like you are with one actor!!!... and i think now you should STOP being rude- its enough
Original post by asif007
Lol, you really are incredibly thick and you don't understand a word I'm saying. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. I'm not saying you only watch SRK's films - but you're doing a similar thing to those people I mentioned. There is a principle involved. You can't ignore one of the top Bollywood actors for trivial reasons and then claim to be a fan of all Bollywood movies.

Yeah, you really don't understand English do you? I am not obsessed with only one actor - I believe in giving credit where credit is due. To me that means watching the films of EVERY top actor and not ignoring anyone. You obviously don't get that.

Original post by asif007

you just clearly said - i am doing nothing different to them!!!
why you keep saying...top actors...top actors... top actors...
they are top because they have been working for years...
and when did i said i watch everyone's films but not Akshay Kumar...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending